Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Investigate the bodies autofailing

Invisibleaxeman

I have had this bug too and worked out what is happening. If you stay in Orb Vallis and don't return to Fortuna, the mission timer for the investigate mission does not reset between bounties.

Repro steps:
1. take a bounty in Orb Vallis which includes a hostage rescue stage.
2. when completing the hostage rescue, note the time remaining when you hack the console in the prison.
3. without returning to Fortuna, take another bounty (the same one or a different one) from an NPC in the Vallis
4. at the next hostage rescue stage, note that the initial time will match the time remaining from the previous bounty.
5. eventually, this will make it impossible to complete that stage.

Yeah, I noticed this too.  After doing the bounty several times I'd only start out with like 2 minutes left to find all the bodies.

I feel like this might be causing the spy missions to instant fail too.  Sometimes if I get a spy mission at the same place twice the alarm automatically goes off before I even get close.

Also effects the credit stealing mission where after the first play-through it always instantly succeeds when I get it.

Edited by Ailyene
Minor - Grammar

Yes that seems to be it, I had already taken a few bounties in Orb Vallis prior to the problem.  Also had the credit stealing bug in the same session, though I mistook that for my own skill at the time 😉

Edit: First bounty of the day, taken in Fortuna.  First stage was to kill everything in timer.  After that got the credit stealing which instantly proceeded to the target killing stage.  Maybe these timed stages are all linked in some way.

Edited by Invisibleaxeman

I just had this happen to myself twice today. I was under the impression they had fixed this bug but I guess not. This is an odd bug for sure as sometimes I get to the location and I only have 2 minutes to find the bodies and hack the holding cell console.

Then other times I arrive at the mission location only to get an auto fail even though I made the trip in under 15 seconds between leaving the previous mission location.

please fix this Bug [DE] it's annoying. 😕

Edited by NETHOR-ORLEX

On 2018-11-14 at 7:23 PM, Dreyazed said:

I have had this bug too and worked out what is happening. If you stay in Orb Vallis and don't return to Fortuna, the mission timer for the investigate mission does not reset between bounties.

Repro steps:
2. when completing the hostage rescue, note the time remaining when you hack the console in the prison.
3. without returning to Fortuna, take another bounty (the same one or a different one) from an NPC in the Vallis
4. at the next hostage rescue stage, note that the initial time will match the time remaining from the previous bounty.

I don't want to return to Fortuna so this is really annoying.

On 2018-11-14 at 12:23 PM, Dreyazed said:

Repro steps:

can confirm this too. remaining time for this mission (and probably others) is not reset between bountys, leading to an instant fail.