Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we postpone rail jack so that we can fix the things we have?

Hmm...interesting.

27 minutes ago, Hmm...interesting. said:

1) Yes it does make sense because the mission should be designed so that despite using a stealth frame, a challenge is still present.

2) Noises might tip rarely tip guards off, but they don't actually do anything about it. 

3) Part of the point that I was making is that you shouldn't be able to just go in with rhino and cheese the spy mission.

1) No that doesn't make sense, it makes sense that a stealthy frame, using stealth, can stealth. That's pretty much the definition. The only challenge you will face is the puzzle. If you're using ciphers to bypass those as well, then you're your only problem. 

2) No, they do something, they go into an enhanced pre-alert state, their detection radius increases. But you're still invisible, aren't you? So...., see 1).

3) Rhino is able to tank the damage from the lasers and pass through them rapidly without the knock-down effect. He has no special advantage when it comes to the opening the locks, or not alerting the enemies. 

That's one small part. The rest is up to me. 

Game mode ideas are marked below!

I agree that we need old stuff re-invigorated and renewed. And the good thing about it is that the majority (dare I say almost all) of the work is done. We just need little polishing here and there to make each and every game mode stand out and be way more engaging and fun! I am super excitd for RailJack - it has the potential to be waframe's identity! Something that really push us to play together and need each other besides the affinity boost in leveling missions (Hydron for example) or the extra loot in fissure missions.

The endless type missions are not perfect but they do offer way more than the non endless ones. Which in most cases are just there to make Alerts/Simaris Scans missions easyer and less tedious. Now before going into some ideas for these missions I just want to say something for the people that like the current state of these missions (Spy/Capture for example) - It is compleately fine if you enjoy these missions as they are atm. Nothing wrong with that. I actually enjoy spy missions but that does not mean they can't be improved.

Without any further adue here are some of my ideas that can potentially make some game modes more challanging and fun:

(*Spy*): Before entering the area where we need to extract the data from we should have to collect additional data from an enemy that will allow us to actually enter the area itself. Killing enemies while not alerting other enemies can be done in several ways: finishers from the back ; using silent weapons. The enemies you will need to kill will be marked . If the marked enemy is alerted they will have 20 seconds time before they escape making it impossible for you to open the designated vault resulting in failure on extracting the data form that particular vault. I feel this can be a fun way to introduce enemies as something you have to deal with in spy missions but not neceserally in all guns blazing way but in a more stealth aproach like the mission is designed to be!

(*Capture*): The entire mechanic how the target receives HP has to be changed. Make the targets HP like a nullifier bubble of sorts where burst weapons are more effective than single shots. Then make his HP take a certain amout of shots in order to kill. This will prolong the chase itself and make u use certain type of weapons.  From here on the mode will be 2 parted. First part you go to the target you dmg them to half hp and when that happens 2 Bursas (if corpus), 2 Manics (If grineer) or 2 Ancients? (If infested) will spawn and you'll have to deal with them while the target uses invisibility and becomes immune until you've killed the 2 Heavy units that spawned. After killing them the target will become yet again vulnerable and visible for you to dmg and catch.

Ofc increasing the gametime per mission like that should also increase the rewards we're getting. We did after all use our gear in a constructive way to beat the mission itself.
Also I suppose the spy type mission can be replaced by the capture in sorties and also no fissure spy missions!

9 minutes ago, ClapTrap007 said:

Game mode ideas are marked below!

I agree that we need old stuff re-invigorated and renewed. And the good thing about it is that the majority (dare I say almost all) of the work is done. We just need little polishing here and there to make each and every game mode stand out and be way more engaging and fun! I am super excited for RailJack - it has the potential to be Waframe's identity! Something that really push us to play together and need each other besides the affinity boost in leveling missions (Hydron for example) or the extra loot in fissure missions.

The endless type missions are not perfect but they do offer way more than the non endless ones. Which in most cases are just there to make Alerts/Simaris Scans missions easier and less tedious. Now before going into some ideas for these missions I just want to say something for the people that like the current state of these missions (Spy/Capture for example) - It is completely fine if you enjoy these missions as they are at the moment. Nothing wrong with that. I actually enjoy spy missions but that does not mean they can't be improved.

Without any further ado here are some of my ideas that can potentially make some game modes more challenging and fun:

(*Spy*): Before entering the area where we need to extract the data from we should have to collect additional data from an enemy that will allow us to actually enter the area itself. Killing enemies while not alerting other enemies can be done in several ways: finishers from the back ; using silent weapons. The enemies you will need to kill will be marked . If the marked enemy is alerted they will have 20 seconds time before they escape making it impossible for you to open the designated vault resulting in failure on extracting the data form that particular vault. I feel this can be a fun way to introduce enemies as something you have to deal with in spy missions but not necessarily in all guns blazing way but in a more stealth approach like the mission is designed to be!

(*Capture*): The entire mechanic how the target receives HP has to be changed. Make the targets HP like a Nullifier bubble of sorts where burst weapons are more effective than single shots. Then make his HP take a certain amount of shots in order to kill. This will prolong the chase itself and make u use certain type of weapons.  From here on the mode will be 2 parted. First part you go to the target you damage them to half hp and when that happens 2 Bursas (if corpus), 2 Manics (If Grineer) or 2 Ancients? (If infested) will spawn and you'll have to deal with them while the target uses invisibility and becomes immune until you've killed the 2 Heavy units that spawned. After killing them the target will become yet again vulnerable and visible for you to damage and catch.

Of course increasing the game time per mission like that should also increase the rewards we're getting. We did after all use our gear in a constructive way to beat the mission itself.
Also I suppose the spy type mission can be replaced by the capture in sorties and also no fissure spy missions!

I like these ideas! I've seen a few ideas on how to improve capture missions and spy missions, and I think it would be cool to have multiple versions of spy missions. I think a big reason that missions in Warframe feel repetitive is because the missions are too easy, and we play the same mission types all the time because the other types don't yield enough reward for time investment.

3 minutes ago, Hmm...interesting. said:

I think a big reason that missions in Warframe feel repetitive is because the missions are too easy, and we play the same mission types all the time because the other types don't yield enough reward for time investment.

Indeed. I would like the missions to have some sort of objective that make me play with all of my weapons and frames. Not just go with my top dmg gear and just look at enemies like "you get a one-shto and you get a one shot and you get a oneshot everyone is getting oneshot" I mean I love oneshotting things..I love being OP but sometimes I want my skill to matter in the situation rather only my gear! And I'm not even talking about not using optimal gear for a mission to make it more difficult but rather  that I want a bigger part of my gear to be optimal for the mission.

16 hours ago, ComCray said:

Cool down timers on our powers. Seriously. One shouldn't be able to just spam their utlimates. Because no matter how challenging they make something, if you bring certain frames you won't even SEE an enemy, except for damagenumbers all over the place..

I bet many of you don't want to go there.. but if you're serious about the game providing more of a challenge, then that SHOULD be part of the debate also....

Cool downs lead to just waiting out the cool downs. Oh, my power is on cool down, I'll go hide behind a wall so I can use it to oneshot everything again.

Energy is the "problem" here, it exists to restrict people when it comes to abilities but it's not great at it. Noobs have almost no access to it, while more practiced players can have it in droves. But that just means abilities shouldn't be an instant kill super OP button, they just need to be balanced with repeated use in mind. 

Things could be left the same, because personally I love the game as it is right now. I'm not at a point where I need a bigger challenge, so anything that does give others more challenge shouldn't effect me, imo. People need to keep in mind that the game is challenging for some, and changing things around needs to account for that.