Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tweaking The Miter

DeadlyNerd

Obviously the weapon is no good as a sniper and the charge feature is just too slow for only 3x damage.

With even the rate of fire being too slow without any mods on, it's a pretty dull weapon to use.

In order to bring Miter up the ranks in both effectiveness and fun factor I propose the following:

-remove the charge feature

-make it automatic

-reclassify it as an assault rifle so it uses a larger pool of ammo

-increase the rate of fire by 50%

Why all this? When compared to Latron, a semi auto assault rifle class weapon, Miter isn't that much different in the aspects of damage and clip size.

As opposed to Latron, Miter has projectile travel time, slightly higher armor ignoring damage, 5 more ammo in the clip and half the rate of fire.

As for non stat facts. Latron is far better for scoring headshots and sniping than Miter so I really don't see why Miter is classified as a sniper weapon.

What this tweak would do is create an automatic version of latron that shoots sawblades. The almost definite inability to score headshots and slow projectile speed would be more than enough as a tradeoff for being automatic and dealing armor ignoring damage.

You`re a troll right?

Oh, you must be one of those that's actually using the Miter and hasn't already switched it with Strun Wraith or Snipetron Vandal, or Supra, or Latron Prime, or Boltor.

You're a good sport and all, but you might want to rethink your view on weapon efficiency.

The Miter's charged attacks puncture enemies infinitely. How is a crowd-destroying sawblade launcher not enough?

Tell me, would you wait for grineer to line up like Sun,Moon and Earth in the solar eclipse to score a triple kill with Miter, or would you have already killed them with another weapon in half the time it takes the Miter to charge up?
Edited by DeadlyNerd

Must be another one of those Miter users I never see in my games. Better call the ghost busters.

You are talking like a new kid here. It's always the same with every new weapon. Vasto? Here we go, fist full of cowboys. Or Informer event? God, there was nothing but Snidals on every map, even infested ones.

What comes to Miter, I'm seeing it in every 3th-6th game against infested. Seems fair to me.

Oh, you must be one of those that's actually using the Miter and hasn't already switched it with Strun Wraith or Snipetron Vandal, or Supra, or Latron Prime, or Boltor.

You're a good sport and all, but you might want to rethink your view on weapon efficiency.

Tell me, would you wait for grineer to line up like Sun,Moon and Earth in the solar eclipse to score a triple kill with Miter, or would you have already killed them with another weapon in half the time it takes the Miter to charge up?

The Miter already charges up quickly. It takes me less than a second with Shred, and I'm 'kay with that.

Miter is fine. I don't hear anyone complaining about the Paris/Dread's 2-man 'puncture'. And I'm pretty sure you never complained about it too.

PS: I haven't used the Miter YET. I'm giving my fair view of it from a person who used a Paris and Dread which had a decently long charge time and low fire rate but with the unique innate 'puncture' effect..

Edited by matrixEXO

Here's an interesting tidbit you may not know about the miter.

The charge has such a huge innate puncture that it will completely ignore most non-wall terrain.

This means you can essentially use it to snipe enemies behind surprisingly thick amounts of cover without even needing to use a puncture mod.

Those Grineer are not so hard to hit when they go and try to hide behind a box and stand still, and you blast them from the other side of their cover with a charged Miter shot.

Here are my proposed changes:

1) Keep the charge function, but when fully charged, the Miter's next shot will be greatly increased in velocity as well as gaining the deep puncture. It makes sense too - you're charging up a shot with more power so that saw blade is going to fly a lot faster. This would make it easier to hit targets with a charged shot as well as make the weapon feel much more satisfying.

2) Increase the width of the sawblade's hit box. Currently the sawblade seems a lot narrower than it actually is. I'd like to see it increased in width substantially, making it more efficient at lining up skillshots and making up for its lack of precision with greater girth. currently, attempting to hit things with a riccochet is extremily difficult due to how small the sawblade is.

3) change the ammo type from sniper to rifle. This gun seems to encourage rapid fire of weak sawblades between carefully chosen charged shots. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for it to use sniper ammo (discouraging wild use of weak shots due to a greatly reduced ammo stock)

Edited by Fundance

Personally, I'd remove the clip (make it operate in that regard as the bows) and make it so that uncharged projectiles will bounced into an enemy if they hit an enemy, instead of bouncing around (mostly) harmless as they do now.

If I were to make any changes, it would be to remove the 20 ammo to 1 similar to the bows

Also, instead of having to charge the gun, there'd be a delay, so you'd need to preempt shots

Lastly, it would deal damage similar to melee weapons as to rip enemies in half and stuff

That is all

Obviously the weapon is no good as a sniper and the charge feature is just too slow for only 3x damage.

With even the rate of fire being too slow without any mods on, it's a pretty dull weapon to use.

In order to bring Miter up the ranks in both effectiveness and fun factor I propose the following:

-remove the charge feature

-make it automatic

-reclassify it as an assault rifle so it uses a larger pool of ammo

-increase the rate of fire by 50%

Why all this? When compared to Latron, a semi auto assault rifle class weapon, Miter isn't that much different in the aspects of damage and clip size.

As opposed to Latron, Miter has projectile travel time, slightly higher armor ignoring damage, 5 more ammo in the clip and half the rate of fire.

As for non stat facts. Latron is far better for scoring headshots and sniping than Miter so I really don't see why Miter is classified as a sniper weapon.

What this tweak would do is create an automatic version of latron that shoots sawblades. The almost definite inability to score headshots and slow projectile speed would be more than enough as a tradeoff for being automatic and dealing armor ignoring damage.

Shall I assume you haven't tried fire rate mods yet?

Personally the Miter is my anti-infested weapon of choice due to the puncture and the damage type.

I think it's in a good spot right now, sure it doesn't hit uber 1 shot kill against the Grineer or Corpus, but the one enemy it seems suited for gets absolutely annihilated by it and with shred, just feels all around GOOD to fire.

Also keep the charge, charged shots as mention puncture infinitely and have so many uses combined with other skills like bullet attractor (1-shot that boss!) and electric shield (laser sawblades!) and antimatter drop (KABOOM!), etc

Miter is fine. I don't hear anyone complaining about the Paris/Dread's 2-man 'puncture'. And I'm pretty sure you never complained about it too.

i've complained about the Corpse Cannon effects of Bows and Knives, because they only work if you're the host. meaning that a good bit of the time, you can't even use that effect. 

those special effects also only work if the base damage kills something. so once you put mods on these weapons, the effects never happen again.

did you know Bo, and some other melee's, can throw enemies across the rooms upon death? yeah, they can. you can't tell if you have mods on them though, because elemental damage screws over those special effects.

Edited by taiiat

I'm disappointed with the bounce effect - its mostly harmless, only time i've been able to hit an enemy twice is when an ancient is inches away from a wall, or knocked down in which case I can charge shoot it and hit twice. Otherwise even if its only about a foot away, shooting a wall through an infested will have it bounce diagonally into the air and miss.

What if it worked like chain lightning? Bounces home onto additional targets, but each bounce does half damage. So if you did a charged shot for 150 and it hit a wall, it would rebound and hit an enemy for 75, hit another one for 38, another one for 19 etc..

It probably won't kill anything but lower level infested, but it'll give the feeling of it bouncing around and hitting things.

Edited by Servanin

I'm disappointed with the bounce effect - its mostly harmless, only time i've been able to hit an enemy twice is when an ancient is inches away from a wall, or knocked down in which case I can charge shoot it and hit twice. Otherwise even if its only about a foot away, shooting a wall through an infested will have it bounce diagonally into the air and miss.

What if it worked like chain lightning? Bounces home onto additional targets, but each bounce does half damage. So if you did a charged shot for 150 and it hit a wall, it would rebound and hit an enemy for 75, hit another one for 38, another one for 19 etc..

It probably won't kill anything but lower level infested, but it'll give the feeling of it bouncing around and hitting things.

Glaive problems shared with miter, maybe in update 10 they balance that.