Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quest: The New War

INight00

The New War quest will appear at some point... cant make any statements about it, but we can atleast speculate on what we hope to see.

The last few cinematic quests have all been solo, this is fine as it is about the Operators development and the player learning about his place with the Warframe.

This next quest however, should not be solo.
It is a war.
The quest format for epic proportions could start of solo, which unlocks an event.
Said event is a map wide fight between 8 players (reminiscent of raids) and hordes of Sentients.
Naturally it isnt just a fight, it has its objectives of extermination, sabotage and a boss fight.

Quest progression essentially completes at the end of the solo phase, the event is a mission node that can have 8 players active.
It is not time limited so players appearing 6 months later can tackle it.
Similar to how the Ghoul events work with the percentage, this event is percentage based per player. So a player 10% in can join in the fight with a player at 80%.
Once the player completed thier own event the reward is attained. Quest is replayable. 

Edited by INight00
typo

Couldn't you just make the event ALWAYS OPEN, with out the need for percentages, and just reward the player after every stage with a basic reward and a high value reward after completing the Boss fight. After all; i doubt the war will end after the new war quest; if anything that is just the start of the next "Trilogy" of story quests.

17 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

Couldn't you just make the event ALWAYS OPEN, with out the need for percentages, and just reward the player after every stage with a basic reward and a high value reward after completing the Boss fight. After all; i doubt the war will end after the new war quest; if anything that is just the start of the next "Trilogy" of story quests.

The node would always be open. The % is only for the quest reward.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Cinematic Quests that require groups don't work well in online games.

Which is why I suggest it start of as solo.
The solo can have all the lore and story driven bits, while the end node can have the full gameplay mechanics.

Actually DE make update to allow every missions of main quest where their is no choice more than 1 player, i test a long time before with me friend every mission with cinematcis was solo only and i test yesterday and i was able to do the beginning of the war within and 3/4 of second dream with my friend. For those who wonder you see yourself in the cinematics even if you're not the one who have the quest