Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading & Communication

Zeoran

I've been gaming for as long as it's existed.  I've played every type of game out there.  And I love Warframe.  But there are two systems that don't make sense to me at all.  First is trading.  This is the only game I can think of that effectively PENALIZES you for trading with another player.  Not only is the list of items that you can trade EXHORBANTLY tiny, but you need to either be in a dojo or the bazaar and you even charge us a tax for doing it that increases with the more valuable the item being traded is.  Every aspect of the trading system penalizes the players.  Want to trade some resources to your friend so he can build a weapon he's been wanting to build for weeks?  Forget it.  Want to give your Boltor that you only maxed out for MR farming to someone who actually wants it?   Forget it.  Want to trade a rare item/resource because the RNG gods love you more than them?  Forget it.  And on the extremely rare occasion that you can trade the item, you better have enough credits to pay for the tax.  Who the hell charges a TAX in a game for trading items???  

Second, for a game that gives us an inbox and a way to receive messages, why can't we SEND them?  I've lost track of how many times I was in a conversation with someone and they logged off while I was sending a response. I'd love to just send them an in-game email, but there's no mechanic for that.  

You've built a game that relies on its open-world multiplayer aspect yet you are PUNISHING those players for doing things with each other.  Just seems like backasswards logic to me.

You're not looking at the other side of things.

Trade restrictions are there to prevent things like handing stuff out for free - you can't just give your MR2 friend the Prime frames and weapons you never use, along with some of the duplicate hard-to-get mods you have. That goes for resources too - even if you get them the blueprint by carrying them through a fissure, they still need to put in the work to actually craft it. For better or worse, this game has a lot of grind. DE wants to make sure that doesn't just get sidestepped easily.

• Like 1

Then put MR restrictions on things.  Oh wait, they did.  High end weapons already have MR restrictions on them.  I can't hand a Vectis Prime to an MR2 player and have him be able to use it.  And there's limiting the amount of grinding and making it impossible.  And that doesn't explain the location limit or the tax.  

The trading taxes are insignificantly small unless you're receiving great amounts of plat, Primed mods or Arcanes.

As for why there's heavy restrictions on what items and resources are tradable, I guess they don't want players to be able to bypass the grind entirely.

Edited by Guest

Restricting resources would resolve the ability to bypass grinding.  There's no reason to restrict everything else.  

And for new players, even at $20,000 tax can be debilitating.  What's the point of even having the tax at all??? It serves no in-game purpose, no lore purpose. (unless DE is Corpus) and is just another in a long string of ways the game literally punishes players for trading. Something I have not seen in ANY other game in history. 

20 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

Restricting resources would resolve the ability to bypass grinding.  There's no reason to restrict everything else.  

And for new players, even at $20,000 tax can be debilitating.  What's the point of even having the tax at all??? It serves no in-game purpose, no lore purpose. (unless DE is Corpus) and is just another in a long string of ways the game literally punishes players for trading. Something I have not seen in ANY other game in history. 

Maybe new players shouldn't be trading lol...

I think DE has made it pretty obvious they want new players to play the game first and then get into trading.

I dont know what the *** are you talking about, most games do not even have systems allowing you to trade with others to begin with.

Considering WF is free it's generous you can trade almost everything you want, allowing players to have thousands of plat without spending anything. You can even trade resources like fish and gems. Sorry but your mr 0-5 friends that cant get like oxium need to suck it up and farm Cerberus like everyone else did at this mr.

Edited by -Temp0-

Considering that all of the high-end stuff is MR locked, then there's no worry about new players getting their hands on something they shouldn't have at their level.  I already rebutted that point.

And you can't trade "almost everything you want", so I have no idea what the heck you're talking about.  I also don't know what you're talking about that most games do not have trading systems at all.  Every multiplayer online game of this type that I have played has had a trading system and they didn't restrict items anywhere nearly this much, nor restrict how you trade nor did they tax you for doing it.  If you know of games that are online multiplayer in the same vein as WF that don't have a trading system, please list examples. 

24 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

Considering that all of the high-end stuff is MR locked, then there's no worry about new players getting their hands on something they shouldn't have at their level.  I already rebutted that point.

And you can't trade "almost everything you want", so I have no idea what the heck you're talking about.  I also don't know what you're talking about that most games do not have trading systems at all.  Every multiplayer online game of this type that I have played has had a trading system and they didn't restrict items anywhere nearly this much, nor restrict how you trade nor did they tax you for doing it.  If you know of games that are online multiplayer in the same vein as WF that don't have a trading system, please list examples. 

?? so whats even the point of even trading when you have to actually play the game more to use the stuff you traded?

It literally doesn't matter if you make trading easier for new players.

1 hour ago, Zeoran said:

Real easy to explain why bazaar has a trade. Maroo runs the the bazaar and is openly greedy person.

I don't see why giving away already completed weapons and bundles of resources to New players is a good idea, they need to learn where resources drop and how to build new equipment. The game isn't fun when everything is just given to you without working for it

You can trade uncrafted Prime stuff. You can trade Prisma, Vandal, and Wraith weapons that are unused. These things are not always available from some source in-game, so they're available to be traded. If you want a normal frame or weapon, you can grind for it at any time. Heck, you want a friend to help you out? Go ask them to help you grind. Or go to recruiting chat and see if people are willing. DE wants you to put in the work, unless you literally can't in the case of an item just not being in the game at the moment.

15 ????? ?????, Zeoran ??????:

And you can't trade "almost everything you want", so I have no idea what the heck you're talking about.  I also don't know what you're talking about that most games do not have trading systems at all.  Every multiplayer online game of this type that I have played has had a trading system and they didn't restrict items anywhere nearly this much, 

Name 5 that arent dogs*t and that arent from the stone age then we'll talk.

You can trade all average mods, prime parts, special prisma/vandal weapons, syndicate weapons, arcanes, aracne helmets, syndicate mods, riven mods, primed mods, relics, legendary cores, focus lenses, endo sculptures, fish and gems and you can gift ANY items bought from the market, including resources and cosmetics. I probably forgot something on that list. Those are things that people mostly need, no one in their right mind would beg or try to leech resources. Resources you can easily farm, if you cant get 100 to 1000 resources needed to build a weapon, suck it up and farm like everybody else did. Stop trying to force feed and power level mr 0-5 for no reason at all so they would drop the game after a month of playing.In all the games the time where you just started and have little is the most precious one.

Edited by -Temp0-

I don't know why most of you keep focusing this topic on "new players", like they are the key to the trading system and would take over and ruin the game if it was changed.  And all of you are arguing against me when you don't even have as to what changes I would specifically like to make to the system.  

But for all of you and specifically -Temp0-, here's a specific example that occurred just yesterday.  A short while ago, there was an alert for a helmet for the Excalibur, the Pendragon helmet.  My son plays the Excalibur exclusively and I knew he'd like it.  But he was at school and therefore, not able to take advantage of the alert.  I was and did.  I acquired the blueprint.  But I wasn't able to trade that blueprint with him.  But there is a section for "helmets" so I thought I could trade it to him after I crafted it for him.  Nope.  You can't trade ANYTHING that you've built.  This is stupid.  It's just a COSMETIC item.  Nothing game-breaking would happen by allowing me to trade this item with my son and he's been playing longer than I have, although my MR ranking is higher than his.

I've never suggested completely opening up the trading system.  I simply stated that the current system is FAR too restrictive and actively punishes players for doing it. But go ahead and keep making your arguments against me.  I'd be willing to bet that every single one of you is NOT a new player and has all the time they need to dedicate to the (sometimes) severe amount of grinding required in this game.  

2 hours ago, Zeoran said:

I'd be willing to bet that every single one of you is NOT a new player and has all the time they need to dedicate to the (sometimes) severe amount of grinding required in this game.  

You're right a lot of us aren't new players now, but surprise surprise we all were once. Maybe we started 5 years ago or maybe we started a week ago, doesn't matter. We all have to play by the same rules. We all have to grind. If you don't have the time then do it when you have the time. Its not going anywhere. That boltor you wanted well it'll still be build able. That excal helmet your son wanted well it will come back, they're pretty common. 

• 1 month later...

My understanding as far as the tax goes is that it is there to prevent inflation of credit value and the MR rank restriction is more there to ensure you do some grinding. Taxs help keep credits meaningful when DE seemingly throws them at you. (seimeni seres or index for example). I do agree with you that some of the trading seems restrictive for no openly apparent reason to me (i.e. not being able to trade alert cosmetics or things like argon crystals). Like ya if I have argon crystals I'm not gonna use I'd love to give them to my friend who may need some at the time. It's better than them just decomposing in my inventory imo. But there seems to be a greater community mindset that everyone should have to do all the work to get some things I guess because they had to at one point and to some degree I get that so it is what it is but I still think I'm with you and would rather have trade be a bit more unrestricted despite my lack of understanding in regards to the real complexities of an MMO's economic system. Well I hope this was some food for thought, though since I don't think DE will change this I would probably say your best bet in the future is to just log in on your sons account in the future for alert cosmetics as @(XB1)A Weedy Girl wrote previously. Hope this doesn't ruin your love for this great game.