Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What the enemy lacks apart from AI

_Urakaze_

Speed, plain and simple. Have you seen those grineers poking out of cover? Or how they swing their melee weapons? Instead of us fighting futuristic soldiers, it's more like fighting some clowns in intimidating costumes. Even your rookie in the army is more agile than that. The only enemies in the game that are remotely trying to dodge/outmaneuver you/use speed to close distance are the new terra corpus units, the ospreys and some other rarely seen "mini bosses" like manic.

SUGGESTION

increase enemy animation/movement speed by at least 25%

reduce time delay between actions, make it more fluent

massive buff to melee units' attack speed

what do you think?

Edited by _Urakaze_

I feel like Early game should have the current "Sluggish", to get Players into shooting the targets, and have it gradually increase by planet so that around Saturn or so the enemies should be fully sped up to the proposed idea, that way players starting the game the enemies progressively get harder, and for Veterans it's all the same Highest Cap.

Speed would work... if you don't stun/root/slow them in their tracks.  So I guess it's a decent-ish answer to tanky frames that rely more on their raw durability to survive, as opposed to shutting down the enemy AI.

I still much prefer DE's approach on the Vallis as alarm levels rise - replace the fodder with better and better variants.

6 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

Speed would work... if you don't stun/root/slow them in their tracks.  So I guess it's a decent-ish answer to tanky frames that rely more on their raw durability to survive, as opposed to shutting down the enemy AI.

I still much prefer DE's approach on the Vallis as alarm levels rise - replace the fodder with better and better variants.

that alarm level is also a nice solution, but they haven't change the older stuff, like prosecutors. They are slow as hell, and are really just a stationary bullet sponge while we go bullet jumping and guns blazing.

I'd imagine a Console Excalibur with horrible controller-aim trying to clear out a room of moderately leveled Corpus running around like Maniacs. Muahaha!

Anyway, it should scale probably based on amount of players to limit the amount of mess a Solo-player has to deal with and/or the amount of enemies in the room. Possibly limitations on certain enemies since we wouldn't want Nullifiers flanking us. The last thing I'd want is dozens of enemies walking into our Solo runs while we're a squishy frame with lackluster CC options and not always wanting to have to pinpoint aim headshots to clear out a room before proceeding in reasonable time. Bullet dashing around rooms gets tiring sooner or later :L