Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's kit (1-4)

Satosa

I was feeling rather underwhelmed by the lack of fun in her abilities.. granted the 1-3 were shown as we recieved them, but her revised 4 just doesnt feel bad ass as it appeared on devstream. So I will just give a brief opinion on her abilities, that's all..

1. I totally enjoy the blood ball, that part is very fun.. but what makes absolutely no sense is the shield mechanic that appears to just be odonatas shield.. couldn't we get a blood shield that stays gushing out of an enemy corpse instead or something more relevant to her lore/design? Or perhaps deglove their corpse and add their bones to a resource pile for her 4 and use the meat as a shield? Just something that feels more fitting.. also having the blood ball splash blood everywhere would be dope 😉

2. Very nice ability.. crowd control and support in one .. maybe have a synergy or augment where tossing a blood ball at an impaled enemy causes a mini 4 to erupt? 

3. Just a bit vanilla.. it does an important thing, and aids in her passive.. but it just feels like something more could happen for the cost of life force.. perhaps she can sling her blood during the spin and either blind enemies or make them slip n fall on the blood? Maybe an augment that slings the blood on her allies causing a small enrage buff? Idk

4. I watched the dev stream and it appeared to be her floating while in the midst of a whirling ball of claws and I was like damn that was cool.. but what we got was a small damage version of diablo 3 necromancer corpse lance that (nicely) ignores walls.. I just feel like the original idea had more bad assery in it.. perhaps using stored bones to send forth a geyser of razor bones instead? A razor bone serpent to writhe through the battlefield for a short time? use the bones to create a larger than life pair of her claws to clamp down on a large area or reave through them. Just some rando thoughts..

Like I said, shes not a bad frame at all.. but I can't shake the feeling that she wasnt explored enough as a character.. thanks for hearing me out ✌🏼😎

5 minutes ago, Satosa said:

4. I watched the dev stream and it appeared to be her floating while in the midst of a whirling ball of claws and I was like damn that was cool.. but what we got was a small damage version of diablo 3 necromancer corpse lance that (nicely) ignores walls..

It's because DE gave her a new 4 after the Devstream. A lot of Players didn't like her old 4 so they gave us this before she was released. I prefer her current 4 because i don't think of it as a damage ability (though it can in the lower levels) but a ability that works like a Supercharged version of HMs. The bleed chance works on all Weapons and abilities so when she uses her 1 after it got charged up by higher level enemies, she can OHKO them from just bleeding out. 

If it was me this is what I would have done to her abilities

1st ability:

·        You lunge at multiple enemies using her claws. (works like excel`s 1st ability)

·        Range is about 18m and can be increased by mods.

2nd ability:

·        Garuda produces a blood aura around her that gives her 70% damage reduction.

·        Also absorbing damage taken from enemies will determine the amount of damage you will deal when throwing blood ball at enemies.

·        You will absorb the blood aura into your hands to form a bloody ball to throw at enemies or you absorb the aura into your claws, aim and stab the ground with the claws to shoot out spikes from the ground.

·        Synergy: the damage you absorbed can be used for the 1at ability.

3rd ability:

·        The ability can be used to syphon health and can be used to draw enemy agro.

·        For easy movement when syphoning health the range is 40m and can be increased by range mods, so you don`t have to stand around.

·        Instead of getting close to enemies to cast, wherever enemy you aim then use the ability at the enemy.

4th ability:

·        Her claws are an exalted weapon 

·        After casting the ability, holding the ability has three forms claws, duel swords and fans form. (some reaper hunter some mine)

·        Claws focus on damage, duel swords focus on reach and the fan form focus on aoe attacks. (they all do damage, but the claws do more damage.

·        It can come with its own stance based on grace and agility or you can equip claw, duel swords and fan stance on it.