Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Banishment Indicator?

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

Recently started learning how to use Limbo

trying to not troll and actually use him helpfully.

One point of difficulty is knowing when you've successfully Banished someone or not.

It would be Nice if there was some indication of which plane a given character is in.

Especially useful for friendly VIP or Rescue targets that you are trying to Banish defensively.

what if Banished characters became highlighted with Limbo's Energy Color?

then you (as well as squadmates) could tell at a glance that a given character is Banished and non-interactive versus a threat.

There is actually a very subtle animation effect to indicate when they are banished. The problem is it's far too subtle and contributes to a large amount of the hatred of Limbo by other players since they waste time and ammo trying to attack enemies that are in a different plane.

If an enemy is in the rift and you are not, they should show up completely blacked out with no textures or other colors in their form as they move, along with the subtle, wispy energy (of Limbo's energy color) around them. If you are in the rift and they are not, I am still debating on the best way to show that. Maybe a noticeably faded, muted, ghostly shade of their normal colors. If you are both in the rift they will look normal to you as usual.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

There is actually a very subtle animation effect to indicate when they are banished.

Seriously? I am seeing nothing at all when I banish a Def Sortie VIP.

One thought I had was, in addition to highlighting characters with Energy Color; Limbo or Squadmate himself(in 3rd person view) could also be highlighted when Rifted.

-Those enemies are glowing the same color as I am, so we can interact. -  ?Ikaruga inspired?