Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are K-Drive Speed Mods Working as Intended?

BL4CKN0ISE

I was really excited to get all three of the K-Drive speed mods. I love just having fun doing tricks, but I also wanted some actual utility, so I was hoping these mods would stack properly. I'm not sure if that's actually working tho. So if I have all three mods equipped and I'm boosting while grinding, what is my actual speed buff? It just doesn't feel very fast and I would think grinding+boosting with all those mods would make it a lot faster and I'm just not seeing/feeling it. Grinding+boosting often feels slower than just boosting alone IMO.

latest?cb=20181109005859 latest?cb=20181109005850 latest?cb=20181109005850

So do these mods stack? If not, can you please fix it so they do. Thank you. 😉

all three speed modifiers are standalone numbers that each mod increases separately. This said you can have cases where if you only put the speed mod without the boost mod your boost speed ends up slower etc. Also grind speed is it's own thing so wether you boost while doing it or not has NO effect! Don't waste a key press boosting while grinding (unless you have an N-key rollover gaming keyboard)

Tbh I think many mechanics of this game need to allow for inheritance of velocity (bullet jump for instance can cut your momentum to a crawl by resetting it - i think this is fine for reversing your trajectory or pulling a 90 degree turn real fast but when the game tells you to "bullet jump at peak momentum" I can't help but feel that is unhelpful advice. Your peak momentum should probably be after the bullet jump. If somehow you achieved your "peak momentum" when going in a straight line via other moves, Bullet Jump would just revert you to the exact bullet jump speed which might be lower than that of an air dash or a slide.) - I think it's cool to have all these stats as separate mods, but like for me currently grinding is faster than boosting I think - cause I don't have any of the above mods except the grind speed one. But that increased velocity is abruptly cut off when i touch the ground again. Curiously, however -  when going off of a jump ramp there does appear to exist an intertia that is not purely camera oriented or locked into a one-gear speed and I kind of wish the K-Drive always acted a little more like this. Like something that hovers, not something that is flying on a wire. So what I'm saying is the speed achieved by rail grind should have a longer falloff than it does. What I'd like to see is these sorts of systems tied together in a more connective and intuitive manner, allowing for one thing to play off the other rather than just doing the one fastest thing all the time. Would be cool if we could build speed while going down a slope. As it  stands, until I get the other mods there's no reason for me not to be on a rail if there's one available. Which I guess makes it kind of a fun challenge to go around looking for rails to gain a boost on - but it's kinda odd that I can grind (which indicates friction) on a rail faster than I can boost on a rocket-propelled hover board (something that should have little to no friction).

Edited by Gnohme

9 hours ago, EDM774 said:

all three speed modifiers are standalone numbers that each mod increases separately. This said you can have cases where if you only put the speed mod without the boost mod your boost speed ends up slower etc. Also grind speed is it's own thing so wether you boost while doing it or not has NO effect! Don't waste a key press boosting while grinding (unless you have an N-key rollover gaming keyboard)

Yeah, I kinda noticed that's what was going on. Before I had mods I always boosted while grinding and it was faster tho. I just expected that concept to continue after we added the speed mods. It sucks because I think we might be able to close bigger grind gaps and get around faster.