Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Canned Copy/Paste For Pre Mission] An Idea

withinmyself

I've used this twice now and both times I got the same results.

An instant knee jerk reaction to respond negatively from others in the squad. Then everyone thinking its a great idea that they can use with other mission types as well. And eventually the mission goes smoother than any other Public Squad Excavation Fissure I've ever played.

So here's the idea. In an attempt to bolster communication right from the start you would have text saved in a file that you can copy from and paste into Squad Chat right before that particular mission type. I used Public Squad Excavation Fissure in my two tries. Here is what I pasted as soon as I was able to reach Squad Chat.

Hello Tenno! Please make sure all squad members have 10 Reactant before finalizing the second Excavator. Reactant amounts are next to each players name. Stay close together. Try not to trigger more than one Excavator at a time. Inform the squad if you want the current round to be the last. gl!gg!

The challenge being to put as much information as I can in the space allocated while not sounding too condescending. It sets the tone for the entire mission by putting everyone on the same page from the start. The most anyone ever writes is "How long we stayin?" unless they're a talker who wants to keep talking throughout the Mission which isn't always the most useful either.

And then you'd have different messages saved for different missions. You might even have two texts to copy and paste. One of which is just an explanation that doesn't change and then you'd have the custom message. So..

The following is an attempt to communicate our goals and expectations in this particular mission. It has nothing to do with anyone's current build, skill level or mastery rank. If you object to anything please say so and we will discuss alternatives.

Hello Tenno! Please make sure all squad members have 10 Reactant before finalizing the second Excavator. Reactant amounts are next to each players name. Stay close together. Try not to trigger more than one Excavator at a time. Inform the squad if you want the current round to be the last. gl!gg!

And then you could even use a macro to automatically do this for you!

Whatdya think??? Useful?

It's not a bad idea but in my experience people don't like being told what to do and for the most part people know what they're doing. On another note I've played a couple MMOs with a quick select chat option that I wouldn't mind being in the game though your sentences might be a bit long for a quick option. Stuff like "Need more Reactant!" "Keep together" and "Lets do one at a time" could work well.

10 minutes ago, ChatNinja said:

for the most part people know what they're doing.

But people don't know what other people are doing. 
Right now when you start a Public Squad every single person is going off assumptions of one sort or another.  That's why I put in the message 'If you disagree then we can discuss another solution'    If they're not willing to tell me what to do then I see no alternative other than to take the reigns.  This is much better than someone just running to the extraction point without saying anything in Squad Chat when they decide its time to leave. 

Would be nice IF the others read the Squad messages.

Many a time I have asked if people can get out of Extract as I need 6 more headshots/ten kills/ get a mod from this map to drop...and they sit there using powers or void demoning dashing

Yeah,people will either do their own thing and figure you are doing yours it they do not care and want to speed through as fast as they can. It annoys still to this day...but what can you do besides SOLO or Friends Only or Clan runs?

18 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Yeah,people will either do their own thing and figure you are doing yours it they do not care and want to speed through as fast as they can. It annoys still to this day...but what can you do besides SOLO or Friends Only or Clan runs?

Really though this is pretty specifically about Excavation Fissure Public Squad.   Something that can't be sped through and would be stupid to solo because you'd miss out on other relic options.  I feel you on the basic interaction in public squad just not being there when doing lots of other things.  And I'm sure this would also be beneficial for something other than Excavation Fissure.  And really these missions always have some sort of communication.  It's just bad communication.  

vor 3 Stunden schrieb ChatNinja:

It's not a bad idea but in my experience people don't like being told what to do

Sadly this... while i met players that actually wanted to know why something might be better if they change their playstyle a bit and have been open to suggestions,

most just tell you to just "go #*!% yourself"

Even when you are just giving out good tips in a humble way with no insults and so on, people tend to read "you suck" and answer negatively.

Still i think its not bad what you do with the copy-paste message, and everyone can do that with a simple textfile on his computer or even programmed macros.

23 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

Still i think its not bad what you do with the copy-paste message, and everyone can do that with a simple textfile on his computer or even programmed macros.

From what I've found, as I continue doing this, the higher level players will say 'hey thats a great idea, I'm gonna start doing that'  while the mid level players will find some way to become ofended until I explain further and it really never escalates and the lower level players just follow suit.  All in all It has made for a more enjoyable playing expeirence.