Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS dips after equipping a gear item and moving mouse around

ValeAventura

2 hours ago, sam686 said:

For those with this problem, more information probably needed.

Which mouse are you using?

What is your mouse update rate? There are websites that can test your mouse's update rate. https://www.google.com/search?q=mouse+rate+test

Does using a different mouse with lower update rate stop this FPS drops?

My guess is, if the game is taking too long to process each mouse update (more then 1 millisecond on 1000 Hz mouse update rate) and is trying to process each and every mouse updates, game will massively drop frames per second to nearly freeze the game.

My cheap mouse only goes up to 128 Hz, or 128 updates per second, and I do not have this FPS drops when using mouse. I don't use mouse much, I mostly use game controller for this game.

This isn't a mouse polling issue, it's an in engine issue.  Nothing on my hardware has changed, this issue started on the latest patch.  We need DE to look into it, the above videos highlight the issue perfectly.

I've posted this in the PC bug section thread but might as well put it here so maybe somebody else can confirm it. Had also framerate issues after updating to Nvida drivers version 417.22. But it seems there is away to fix it:
"It seems downgrading Nvidia drivers to version 416.94 fixes the framerate problems. No slowdown at all in Orb Vallis, when using lures or gear wheel."

This needs to get fixed asap. Leaving Orb Vallis to Fortuna, and then reentering orb does NOT fix the issue either. I had to go back to my orbiter to and rejoin from there for the issue to be temporarly fixed. Just long enough to make about 4 -7 captures before the game becomes completely unplayable.

I don't understand how this is such a widespread issue and practically game breaking for anyone doing conservation.

DE PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS

Edited by AviAtioN_710

13 hours ago, groznez said:

I've posted this in the PC bug section thread but might as well put it here so maybe somebody else can confirm it. Had also framerate issues after updating to Nvida drivers version 417.22. But it seems there is away to fix it:
"It seems downgrading Nvidia drivers to version 416.94 fixes the framerate problems. No slowdown at all in Orb Vallis, when using lures or gear wheel."

Now that you mention drivers, I haven't updated mine since 411.63, I've updated them to 417.22 and the problem still persisted.
Now I've done DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and put on the 416.94 as it turns out it does indeed fix the fps dips! 
It seems 416.94 only make the dips less common when equiping the tranq gun

I recommend rolling back to 416.94 as a temporary solution until DE fixes these FPS dips!

I still wouldn't put it on Nvidia/GeForce drivers as an issue since the RX series also has the issue (see previous posts). Not to mention this happened AFTER a hotfix (24.1.2.1) and to top it of my drivers haven't been touched in a long time (at least since 9/19/2018 https://imgur.com/XQ4F3jR

Edited by ValeAventura
Check post below (edited/added text in italics)

Hmm, I'm seeing this problem while running the 398.11 drivers - I'll look into updating to 416.94 and see if that helps matters.

I just wanna hunt stuff dangit

Edit: 416.94 drivers did not resolve the problem. Ended up losing a Kubrodon to framerate because you can't really line up a shot if the game drops frames whenever you move the mouse 🤧

Edited by notlamprey
update

1 hour ago, notlamprey said:

Hmm, I'm seeing this problem while running the 398.11 drivers - I'll look into updating to 416.94 and see if that helps matters.

I just wanna hunt stuff dangit

Edit: 416.94 drivers did not resolve the problem. Ended up losing a Kubrodon to framerate because you can't really line up a shot if the game drops frames whenever you move the mouse 🤧

Ah darn, it seemed to fix it for me, or it occurs much less common at least

Just now, ValeAventura said:

Ah darn, it seemed to fix it for me, or it occurs much less common at least

I think it was at least less pronounced with the 416.94 drivers, but it still eventually snowballed beyond what I could call playable.

At the very least, the different driver versions might present a lead for DE to follow. I'm way out of my technical depth on this stuff, though.