Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS dips after equipping a gear item and moving mouse around

ValeAventura

It it seems this bug manifested itself in the latest hotfix 24.1.2.1(?) it is most commonly caused by equipping the Tranquilizer rifle but can be caused by any fishing spear and any mining laser in smaller dips. It happens in the Simulacrum and regular missions (nodes/alerts) as well. Sheathing the gear item does not stop the fps dips, they also occur in the menus and on the Orb Vallis big map. It is noted upon using K-drive it stops until you dismount while using AW it slightly dampens the fps dips. Upon extracting everything returns to normal.  
I just wanted to farm some standing...

Similar posts with less detail:

Video proof:

Specs: 
-Motherboard: ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA
-Processor: AMD FX-8370
-GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 1060 WindForce 2X OC (GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD)
-RAM: 3x Kingston 4Gb KHX1866CD10D3/4G
-Storage: SSD Transcend 128Gb

PC in tip top shape, usually runs Fortuna with medium to high settings 50-144fps depending on mission.

Edited by ValeAventura
Further testing, corrected a mistake

I'm getting the same thing. My fps is perfectly fine in normal missions and even in orb vallis UNTIL I equip hunting equipment, and then it just dips when moving my mouse around. It will do this the whole time while out in orb vallis after this. Stopping when on my ship or back in fortuna but as soon as I return to orb vallis it starts up again if I take out hunting equipment. I optimized my download cache and it fixed it for a little while (also could have just been restarting the game) but eventually while I was out hunting it went back to doing the same thing. This didn't happen to me until the most recent hotfixes.

Phew, for a second there I thought I was the only one - I've already started tinkering with my settings.

Okay dokey, let's hope DE will notice this thread and will roll-out a fix for this.

Just to pitch in: Game indeed starts to perform choppy after using tranq rifle / echo lure a couple of times - at first it dips the FPS only a little but the more the rifle is pulled out the heavier the FPS dip. I confirm that extracting seems to resolve it, can't confirm if re-entering Orb Vallis seems to bring it back (haven't tested it yet).

PC config:
Processor: Intel i7-6700K 4 Ghz 8MB
Graphics: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB GDDR5
RAM: G.SKILL DDR4 2x8GB 3000 MHz Ripjaws 5
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Tomahawk AC (Z170 2xPCI-E DDR4)

Edit: This happens also when equipping gear via hotkeys. Hasn't happened before - I was getting a stable 60 FPS before the last 2 quick-fixes. This suggests that the latest optimization causes some kind of memory leak (but could be way off the target here).

Edited by Gregnoth
Adding more details.

Also have this issue with using Tranq. FPS basically breaks for me until I leave Vallis. 

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
 Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 980
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
           Display Memory: 3712 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 4002 MB
      Shared Memory: 3806 MB
       Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I reoprimized game cache and installed the latest GPU driver available (11/26 driver release.)

Edited by Clowknee

Worth noting that the lag is caused by mouse movement only.  Connecting a mouse and gamepad at the same time, the gamepad can be used without issue even after triggering the bug, but all mouse movement, including on the options menu, causes massive frame drops.

Just chiming in, I'm having the same issue. Seems to be getting worse as time passes in the vallis. 

My specs:

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six core processor 3.50 GHz

RAM: 8.00GB

Graphics Card:  GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Motherboard: gigabyte technology co. ltd. ga-78lmt-usb3 6.0

Have this too. First Time it happens was yesterday (December 1st)

-Processor: i7-4790
-GPU: RX570 Nitro
-RAM: 16 GB

Orb Vallis usually runs around 120-200 FPS and Fortuna around 100-140 FPS. FPS goes into one digit if I use the gear wheel or change equippment through the gear wheel.

Edit: Opening the gear wheel not always triggers the bug. It happens for me for long hunting sessions where it builds up over time.

Edited by Karakla

Also having the same issue here. It seems to get progressively worse as time goes on. Game was functioning fine prior to the most recent patch, but now after 2-3 hunts the game becomes nearly unplayable. 

Running Warframe at 1080p with a 200fps cap on a 144hz monitor

i7 3770k

gtx 1070

16gb ddr3

I'm having the same issue. FPS is fine hovering around 115. As soon as I equip the fishing spear or tranq rifle my FPS drops to <10 while moving my camera.

CPU: i5-8600k @3.6Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6B
Memory: 16GB

Possibly related to:

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.2

Changes:

• Made some micro optimizations to checking for offscreen-objects. 

For those with this problem, more information probably needed.

Which mouse are you using?

What is your mouse update rate? There are websites that can test your mouse's update rate. https://www.google.com/search?q=mouse+rate+test

Does using a different mouse with lower update rate stop this FPS drops?

My guess is, if the game is taking too long to process each mouse update (more then 1 millisecond on 1000 Hz mouse update rate) and is trying to process each and every mouse updates, game will massively drop frames per second to nearly freeze the game.

My cheap mouse only goes up to 128 Hz, or 128 updates per second, and I do not have this FPS drops when using mouse. I don't use mouse much, I mostly use game controller for this game.

Edited by sam686

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

For those with this problem, more information probably needed.

Which mouse are you using?

What is your mouse update rate? There are websites that can test your mouse's update rate. https://www.google.com/search?q=mouse+rate+test

Does using a different mouse with lower update rate stop this FPS drops?

My guess is, if the game is taking too long to process each mouse update (more then 1 millisecond on 1000 Hz mouse update rate) and is trying to process each and every mouse updates, game will massively drop frames per second to nearly freeze the game.

My cheap mouse only goes up to 128 Hz, or 128 updates per second, and I do not have this FPS drops when using mouse. I don't use mouse much, I mostly use game controller for this game.

I hadn't considered this angle. I'm using a Logitech G502 at the default report rate of 1KHz.

This mouse goes all the way down to 125Hz report rate, so maybe I can test a bit and see if there's any noticeable difference.