Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus not a team working frame?

Brey223

I love nidus and he has a lot of uses, the worst part of nidus is your teammates. Without getting a decent amount of stacks (not 100 but enough you don't get blown up by high level enemies) you use your larva. The issue with that is your teammates tend to nuke your larva keeping you from getting stacks. I've had this issue and died in a sortie, teammates then asked me why I died as nidus. He has an amazing kit that supplement a team composition but with your teammates destroying your ability to help them it makes him pretty anti co-op. I suggested in an earlier thread that if an enemy was in your larva and a team mate killed the guy it would give 1/4 a stack like when your larva kills something. That way nidus wasn't being crippled by other players and able to do what he is supposed to do. Or maybe a slight tweak to how his other abilities work?

This is all hypothetical but if anyone has a better idea please share it. 

Ruu(inexpensivegamer) and others are saying for months that Nidus should get stacks from teammate's kills if enemies were affected by his 2.

But apparently DE like constant "Whaaaa my stacks, get away from my stacks whaaaaa" from nidus players, which drives both people who do and dont play him to the conclusion hes solo frame thats unfun in a team.

the Counter is mainly for Endless Missions, where the Damage will actually be necessary to Kill things - in a 3 minute Mission a Nidus doesn't need more than a few points here and there to be capable of Casting Link+ and Ravenous, shrug.

people do have something of a point but at the same time you don't really need the extra Damage if everyone can still obliterate the Enemies so quickly.

In Sortie I tend to only play nidus as a tough gun frame, as players will always screw you over on such short runs.  But trust me when things get tough in high lvl survival or def you will come out on top.  As it is that can be a while as my ignis wraith kills lvl 100 mobs in about 1.5 secs and strips their armor down about  90% in 2-3 secs if they are tough enough to live that long.  Nidus really is a nich frame and you will need augment for larva that deals toxin damage in order to be useful in lvl 50 and under content.