Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BALLISTICA PRIME

(XBOX)ENA 34

Question

So, I fell in love with the ghost gun and am trying to make a god build against all factions. The current build I have can one shot(Charged) anything below sortie three eximus, and even them most eximus are crippled to bleed to death after the first slash proc, which is amazing without a riven, but, I feel like I can do better without a riven mod, something that can get pretty close to one shot-ing sortie three Bombards and the very annoying(At high level) Corpus Techs.

BTW: I main the golden fancy boi so DMG buff isn't really a thing I feel like relying on, but headshots are.

15 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

https://goo.gl/7WbDg5

This does a ton more damage than your build.

Or you can do like

https://goo.gl/oBH8cA

These builds are exactly what I'm looking for! But there's one downside, I don't have any Primed Pistol mods yet. I'm gonna grab them when baro comes but using the normal variations makes the build almost equivalent to mine.??

2 minutes ago, (XB1)TheHappyRaider said:

These builds are exactly what I'm looking for! But there's one downside, I don't have any Primed Pistol mods yet. I'm gonna grab them when baro comes but using the normal variations makes the build almost equivalent to mine.??

Your build:

7186.444 TOTAL DAMAGE
21956.383 BURST DPS
15056.279 SUSTAINED DPS

The mentioned build with regular mods instead of Primed mods:

12190.989 TOTAL DAMAGE
37246.519 BURST DPS
25541.273 SUSTAINED DPS

I would not really call that equivalent.

17 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Your build:

7186.444 TOTAL DAMAGE
21956.383 BURST DPS
15056.279 SUSTAINED DPS

The mentioned build with regular mods instead of Primed mods:

12190.989 TOTAL DAMAGE
37246.519 BURST DPS
25541.273 SUSTAINED DPS

I would not really call that equivalent.

A 5k to 10k DMG increase isn't nearly a difference in higher levels then you may think, and I say again, the build are pretty equivalent.

Edited by (XB1)TheHappyRaider
Forgot the "k"

1 minute ago, (XB1)TheHappyRaider said:

A 5 to 10 DMG increase isn't nearly a difference in higher levels then you may think, and I say again, the build are pretty equivalent.

Riiiiiight. Sure. Yep, super equivalent. Damn near the same really. Why even ask for a build when yours is obviously near flawless?

Well, good luck out there. I'm out.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)TheHappyRaider said:

A 5k to 10k DMG increase isn't nearly a difference in higher levels then you may think, and I say again, the build are pretty equivalent.

That is already huge improvement lmao. Moreover, your build is still incomplete. Make your own a good and complete one and compare again to see if your build is equivalent to others' !

19 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Riiiiiight. Sure. Yep, super equivalent. Damn near the same really. Why even ask for a build when yours is obviously near flawless?

Well, good luck out there. I'm out.

Lol, I like how people get like this when they didn't even contribute to the question. And I never said mine was flawless;

56 minutes ago, (XB1)TheHappyRaider said:

And I already found a good build, I just don't have the necessary mods yet. A few k dmg isn't going to make to big of a difference when fighting level 115 Corrupt Bombards. It may not seem that way to you, but to me, they are pretty equivalent.

3 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

That is already huge improvement lmao. Moreover, your build is still incomplete. Make your own a good and complete one and compare again to see if your build is equivalent to others' !

Yeah, I can see how it could be, but Imao, I don't really see it. lol. But I'll continue to mess around in Builder till I find a way around the primed mods.??

Bore is a waste of a slot. Provides less damage than a 90% element in the case of ballistica prime.

Dual stats are wasted mod slots. Ballistica prime has innate multishot which means its actual status per trigger pull is split up amongst all 4 bolts it fires by default. Displayed arsenal number is simply the chance for just one proc to land which isn't really all that great considering radiation and lower slash bias.

The build given to you by AxHx is certainly a lot better

25 minutes ago, Bipp said:

Bore is a waste of a slot. Provides less damage than a 90% element in the case of ballistica prime.

Dual stats are wasted mod slots. Ballistica prime has innate multishot which means its actual status per trigger pull is split up amongst all 4 bolts it fires by default. Displayed arsenal number is simply the chance for just one proc to land which isn't really all that great considering radiation and lower slash bias.

The build given to you by AxHx is certainly a lot better

I agree, but the build wasn't given to me by -AxHx-Vile, it was given to me by Alcatraz.

Edited by (XB1)TheHappyRaider

4 hours ago, (XB1)TheHappyRaider said:

These builds are exactly what I'm looking for! But there's one downside, I don't have any Primed Pistol mods yet. I'm gonna grab them when baro comes

Glad to be of service! Always a good idea to grab those mods, for sure.

3 hours ago, (XB1)TheHappyRaider said:

a few k dmg isn't going to make to big of a difference when fighting level 115 Corrupt Bombards

Ah since you mentioned level 115 bombards I went out with the same build as I posted in the first link, except I was using Rakta Ballistica because I didn't like the Prime versions mechanic it had with the ghosts, but with Rakta it consistently killed level 115 corrupted bombards with 5 charged shots, while having Bore instead of Augur Pact, it was between 4 to 6 charged shots to their heads to kill.

Now I take my buff Rhino since you were mentioning your "Golden fancy boi" and use Roar, which mine has 362% power strength after landing a status proc, so I buff up, and aim for headshots still using Bore, and it's a consistent 2 headshots to kill. Takes a little bit more than half their health. I switch to Augur Pact in place of Bore, and it's almost a 1 shot kill. They got what looks like 1/16th health left on their bar, or we'll say they had 55k health, and I dealt 52k

If I use Chroma and buff him up, it's a 1 headshot, kill. If I use Harrow and get those sweet red crit headshots, it's usually 2-3 shots to kill, but if I use the non-charge, burst fire, it's a kill every time and it does it in more than half the time it takes to charge up a shot.

Now here's the cool part. This is Rakta Ballistica; if it had been Ballistica Prime, it would of be consistent 1 headshot kills with my Buff Rhino because Rakta has 1.5 Crit multi, and Prime has 2.0 crit multi. So you're going to be dealing at least 2k more damage using the same build as my Rakta Ballistica.

Hope this additional information helps you out in the long run. Just some testing I decided to do for you.

18 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Glad to be of service! Always a good idea to grab those mods, for sure.

Ah since you mentioned level 115 bombards I went out with the same build as I posted in the first link, except I was using Rakta Ballistica because I didn't like the Prime versions mechanic it had with the ghosts, but with Rakta it consistently killed level 115 corrupted bombards with 5 charged shots, while having Bore instead of Augur Pact, it was between 4 to 6 charged shots to their heads to kill.

Now I take my buff Rhino since you were mentioning your "Golden fancy boi" and use Roar, which mine has 362% power strength after landing a status proc, so I buff up, and aim for headshots still using Bore, and it's a consistent 2 headshots to kill. Takes a little bit more than half their health. I switch to Augur Pact in place of Bore, and it's almost a 1 shot kill. They got what looks like 1/16th health left on their bar, or we'll say they had 55k health, and I dealt 52k

If I use Chroma and buff him up, it's a 1 headshot, kill. If I use Harrow and get those sweet red crit headshots, it's usually 2-3 shots to kill, but if I use the non-charge, burst fire, it's a kill every time and it does it in more than half the time it takes to charge up a shot.

Now here's the cool part. This is Rakta Ballistica; if it had been Ballistica Prime, it would of be consistent 1 headshot kills with my Buff Rhino because Rakta has 1.5 Crit multi, and Prime has 2.0 crit multi. So you're going to be dealing at least 2k more damage using the same build as my Rakta Ballistica.

Hope this additional information helps you out in the long run. Just some testing I decided to do for you.

Oh! That's really helpful! Saves me from testing! I really appreciate it! I have been trying to find the right secondary for me and I was going to test that against my Lex Prime and Pyrana Prime. I don't usually use primary weapons.

P.S.: By Golden fancy boi I meant Limbo Prime, hence headshots are a guaranteed thing for me.