Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time To Bench Trinity

SanityRobot

Benching her until she is actually buffed rather than nerfed. EV is unusable in anything besides defense missions.

Just did a level 45 rescue alert. Before the nerf, I could run ahead, cast EV on a target, shoot it a couple times to recoup the energy, then let someone AoE everything down...while also getting 130 energy.

Currently, I run ahead, cast WoL, cast EV, then the target dies and everyone gets 20some energy, I don't even recoup the costs of WoL+EV. Oh, then halfway through that mission, both WoL and EV broke and were permanently "Power in Use" so I couldn't even use them for the rest of the alert.

Wondering if whoever made the changes had even played Trinity before, or if they just threw darts at a board and hoped for the best.

Edited by SanityRobot

WOL is just stupid now it actually buffs the targets hp. EV takes too long for the ticks/ it should have unlimited range like blessing for a mechanic like that. No one wants to stand around waiting for energy. especially near an enemy.

Edited by NBlitZ

The old EV was only 1 target most of the time, she needs some tweaks but she a better support frame post patch.

are you high?

DE basically made her 2 powers frame and this "support" role is limited by blessing alone. when EV is hard to use and overall it have a real bad implementation.

Edited by Althix

Playing with a team here. No problems with EV at all, except for that occasional moment when that dude with an Orthos slide attacks my EV target. Hell, WoL is unnecessary for EV with me. Have fun putting her on the shelf I guess, meanwhile I'll be continuing my experience with the new Trinity.

I sure miss my 16 sec Blessing though

I sure miss my 16 sec Blessing though

Maybe that's my problem.

The fact that Power Duration, a very key aspect of half of Trinity's abilities, makes the other unusable. It's like you have to choose between using EV or using Link/Blessing. What makes one better makes the other actually worse.

I don't know. I can't stand playing her in her current incarnation, which is a shame because I enjoyed the old Trinity. Guess I'll switch back to playing a disabler like Nyx or Vauban rather than support.

It's not even a knee jerk reaction either. I tried her as soon as the patch came out...was disappointed. Tried her again later, once I figured out the WoL + EV thing to at least make EV give two pulses, I kind of accepted the new playstyle, at least in defense.

Playing her for literally anything else is just awful though...everyone either sits around a floating enemy waiting for energy...or kills the enemy and moves on. The latter happens because this isn't a game about sitting around waiting.

I was admittedly frustrated when I typed out the OP. Partially because of the frame breaking bugs, and partially because my old favorite frame is almost unbearable to play in most of the game. Good news is I'm really enjoying Vauban since I decided to try him after he was made more balanced. I'm fairly certain he is nearly perfectly balanced at the moment, and most of his abilities are good fun.

Edited by SanityRobot

Wow, a Trinity feedback thread that isn't complaining about losing godmode! That's refreshing.

I know, right?

I do agree with duration mods making her EV worse is pretty stupid. It's most likely a bug and I hope it gets fixed ASAP.

Meanwhile...I find new Trinity MUCH more fun than before now that it takes more than half a thought to play.

Meanwhile...I find new Trinity MUCH more fun than before now that it takes more than half a thought to play.

It requires casting more abilities, and requires you to understand to cast WoL on a target BEFORE you use EV on it...but not sure about requiring more thought.

Previously, in high level defense, you had to pick your EV target correctly so that it would die soon enough to put EV on something else to maximize energy gains for everyone.

The new incarnation only requires that you pick a target, use WoL, then use EV...and spend 20 seconds waiting. It doesn't really feel like I'm putting much more thought in...nor does it even feel like I'm putting as much thought in. In defense, I say "don't attack the floating dude with sparkles"...then I use WoL+EV on any enemy that gets close every 20some seconds. I can't play any more efficiently than that.

The skill ceiling feels like it was replaced by a waiting room.

Trinity was nerfed yeah, but she requires a different style of play now. Cast EV + WoL for an energy totem, so instead of the typical players spamming 3 then 2 just to keep their selfish link up, Trinity is actually a healer now rather than the defensive tank she was.

Only idiots, noobs, and solo'ers used Link instead of Blessing before.

People making whatever the hell kind of argument you are making are annoying because it just detracts from the actual problem and creates some red herrings. Not sure if it is intentional or not, but you should feel pretty bad for making that argument.

Edited by SanityRobot

Maybe that's my problem.

The fact that Power Duration, a very key aspect of half of Trinity's abilities, makes the other unusable. It's like you have to choose between using EV or using Link/Blessing. What makes one better makes the other actually worse.

I don't know. I can't stand playing her in her current incarnation, which is a shame because I enjoyed the old Trinity. Guess I'll switch back to playing a disabler like Nyx or Vauban rather than support.

I don't know. Having been playing Trinity since power duration mods made Energy Vampire S#&$(like it does now), I've gotten used to not running duration mods at all(included power duration in loadout after Energy Vampire duration was fixed to allow another instance to be cast if target dies prematurely). I'm not going to tell you to 'adapt' because personally I feel it's also quite dumb to have duration mods screw up Energy Vampire, and believe it should be fixed.

I don't know. Having been playing Trinity since power duration mods made Energy Vampire S#&$(like it does now), I've gotten used to not running duration mods at all(included power duration in loadout after Energy Vampire duration was fixed to allow another instance to be cast if target dies prematurely). I'm not going to tell you to 'adapt' because personally I feel it's also quite dumb to have duration mods screw up Energy Vampire, and believe it should be fixed.

Well, I know how to adapt, I just don't really like it.

I mean, even with a shorter blessing, the faster energy from the shorter EV offsets it. I don't know...probably mostly stuck in my old ways. I just don't like my effectiveness being limited to waiting on a timer rather than by thinking about my target.

Nearing the acceptance phase of post nerf grief.

The duration thing really needs to be addressed. Even if it is simply making duration not affect EV.

The new "gameplay" for Trinity consists of standing in a relatively safe place, picking a random heavy, and spamming 1, 2, and 4 as soon as possible and doing nothing else. There's barely any time to actually shoot, and shooting what you are already aiming at ranges from detrimental to irrelevant, whereas before, you would use EV on a target, then try to burn it down as soon as possible to get another EV up. The new version just feels so much more passive.

And that is in defense type missions. She is just too slow in general for anything else.

Trinity was nerfed yeah, but she requires a different style of play now. Cast EV + WoL for an energy totem, so instead of the typical players spamming 3 then 2 just to keep their selfish link up, Trinity is actually a healer now rather than the defensive tank she was.

Doesnt work cuz theres always a HerpDerp who is goign to kill the target, same thing with nyx mind control.