Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 11 Plague Host

Jamescell

No I don't mean 10. In my opinion, Update 11 should focus almost exclusively on the infested faction, the neglected zombies of the future. Although there is a new infested boss being released, along with infested weapons and the recent ancient update, the pace of production for these projects has been sluggish. I believe this is due to a lack of focus on infested projects, and development of the faction. The infested have a very interesting back story, but this has not been capitalized on by DE. Oh yeah. The ancient model. All I will say about this "updated ancient" is that it is sub par, even for the infested, which currently have the lowest standard of work. The ancient is barely acceptable, but as I said before, could be capitalized on much further. I don't believe that DE actually made a new model to replace the old ancient, but instead found a rotting starfish, spray painted it, and scanned it into game. If you don't believe me, look at ancients when caught in Bastille.

Anyway, here is what I believe needs to be done to bring infested to standard.

General Parameters of the Update (needed improvements):

-A map exclusively for infested, (a map planetside, on a lush planet that has become overly infested, structures have been almost fully converted into organic infested material, perhaps where a new Phorid could be located)

-A model for each unit

-A replacement for crawlers such as snaring infested terrain

-A more unified color scheme

-Higher quality textures

-Individual models for each kind of ancient (with new names)

-A redo of toxic ancients, turning the noxious gas cloud into an ability

-Infested melee weapons, (equipped to melee infested)

-Long range oriented infested

-A complete redo of the Phorid, (I suggest something like the boss loveyourenemy made) the mobility of the Phorid is an ineffective, premature trait because of the terrain block.

-Alternate versions of units

Edited by Jamescell

@Letter13 No I mean 11, just because the infested are finally getting ONE unique boss, doesn't meant they are up to standard with the other factions.

@Everyone else, update 10 is too soon for these features to be made well, too much is already planned, and the deadline is too close.

Edited by Jamescell

No I mean 11, just because the infested are finally getting a unique boss, doesn't meant hey are up to standard with the other factions.

u10 is Infested oriented... the derelict void ship is infested oriented from what I understand, the new boss, the new weapon(s?), etc.  Just because it's not as much as you wanted, doesn't make it not so.

Edit: grammar

Edited by GIMO

While infested are getting an update with 10 it doesnt make any of his points less valid. As it stands infested have the least unit diversity and the fewest planets. Infested only have 2 bosses compared with how many grineer and corpus? I too would like ot see them get more love, especially an outdoors map. 

All I will say about this "updated ancient" is that it is sub par, even for the infested, which currently have the lowest standard of work. The ancient is barely acceptable, but as I said before, could be capitalized on much further. I don't believe that DE actually made a new model to replace the old ancient, but instead found a rotting starfish, spray painted it, and scanned it into game. If you don't believe me, look at ancients when caught in Bastille.

I agree that the Infested need some work done on them, they're lacking the same in-depth development like the other two factions but the Ancients are not bad, would you rather that they still be just larger versions of Runners and Leapers?

I think the current Ancient models are fine. The animations when they're caught in Bastille look absolutely horrendous, but other than that, pretty nice.

I agree that there are far too few enemy types for Infested, though, and the number of models that are being used are painfully limited. We have:

-Charger/Phorid model (although Phorid will likely be altered in the future)

-Runner/Leaper model

-Ancient model

-After U10, the J3 model

Just four models, three of which are repeatedly used for reskins. At least models for similar-looking Grineer and Corpus enemies were at least slightly different.

I think Infested needs lots of love. I'd really like to see some new, unique enemies for the lot of them.

just because the infested are finally getting ONE unique boss, doesn't meant they are up to standard with the other factions.

It's like the infested ancients models didn't get an overhaul at all

Infested are very much up to standard with other factions. They have chargers, runners, leapers, disruptors, healers, toxics, crawlers and toxic crawlers. That's 8 different enemy types.

I mean, how many units do the corpus have?

Walkers, Moa, Shockwave Moa, Railgun Moa, Fusion Moa, Tech, Shield Osprey, Leech Osprey, Mine Osprey. That's 9 unique units, not counting cameras and turrets.

And the Grineer?

Lancers, Fancy lancers, Shield Lancers, Shotgun Dudes, Flamers, Snipers, Scorpions, Commanders, Napalm Heavy, Rocket Heavy, Machinegun Heavy. That's 11 units, only 3 more than the infested.

'til a difference of 3 unique units means that an entire faction is undeveloped.

It's like the infested ancients models didn't get an overhaul at all

Infested are very much up to standard with other factions. They have chargers, runners, leapers, disruptors, healers, toxics, crawlers and toxic crawlers. That's 8 different enemy types.

I mean, how many units do the corpus have?

Walkers, Moa, Shockwave Moa, Railgun Moa, Fusion Moa, Tech, Shield Osprey, Leech Osprey, Mine Osprey. That's 9 unique units, not counting cameras and turrets.

And the Grineer?

Lancers, Fancy lancers, Shield Lancers, Shotgun Dudes, Flamers, Snipers, Scorpions, Commanders, Napalm Heavy, Rocket Heavy, Machinegun Heavy. That's 11 units, only 3 more than the infested.

'til a difference of 3 unique units means that an entire faction is undeveloped.

Infested units pretty much all have the same role. Corpus and Grineer units are much more unique than that.

I read your post and raise you one more suggestion.
Change the effin' capture target to some kind of Infested. 

I've always been annoyed that a Corpus member is the sole survivor of a virus that radically changes its victims. Now, if the Lotus were to say something along the lines of 'We must capture the target before the Infested can assimilate him into the hive mind.', I could follow. I'd be happy with even just that bare minimum. However, for diversity (and to make the Infested seem less human), they could replace the Corpus agent with an Infested 'Thinker' or some other name. It could be anything from a Charger with an overgrown head, to something hanging off the wall, vaguely resembling that Corpus crewman.