The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is a more controversial topic: Leeches, or Difficulty?

Quait

1 hour ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I don't have to. It's not for me to explain. You are welcome to your subjective opinion. But do not think, for one second, that it is absolutely true. It is not. You don't think Warframe has complex mechanics, good for you. Others think it does.

wow that seems like an easy way to disagree without proving your claim...

50 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

The mod system is one

just seems complex, while in reality its extremly simple.

50 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

status/crit mechanic is another

its the same basic mechanic that basically every other game has....

51 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

the Elemental combo/enemy weaknes

well thats a rather unique mechanic, but I dont think "mod for corrosive or gas and you faceroll everything" is complex

52 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

There's even more that you would have to solo to see effectively due to not being rushed by other players

actually I mostly play solo(with my brother) and I honestly havent noticed such things in 1.000 hours.

52 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

there are stealth mechanics in Warframe.

really? I cant think of anything besides invisibility, which isnt really a true stealth mechanic and maybe Ivaras noise arrow, feel free to tell me if I missed something.

54 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

isn't complex,

imo something like the skill tree in poe or maybe the stealth mechanics in dead by daylight, but thats just my opinion

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

My claim is simple (but apparently, overly complex for you): your opinion is subjective.

and Im saying, its not an just an opinion, but also a fact. and you cant just say "its only your opinion, others might find it complex" thats a pretty poor way to argue. anyway I dont think we can ever have an equal discussion, so Im not going to respond to your replies.

have a good day 🙂

• Like 1

*sighs* You guys really believe all your opinions are objective truths, but hypocritically also believe every others differing from that are subjective and inherently and inarguably wrong...talking about echochambers, this is exactly that.

This is what happens when you grow up in safe spaces and choose to be entitled.

Anyways perceiving Warframe to be complex and perceiving it to be simple are both subjective.

When you compare it to todays mainstream casual games, its game mechanics look complex, if you compare it to f.ex. the average flight sim or other genres, or even just ARMA or War Thunder which are more casual takes on simulators, its game mechanics look really simple.

Imo. it depends on the games you played before Warframe or which game you choose to compare it to.

And btw. #Riodidnothingwrong, he has some good points about how Wf-s community hates anything that could make this game enjoyable for veterans (i also grab some popcorn if this thread didn't die yet)and knows that Banshee is the only truth.

Btw. i seen games which were ruined by votekick abuse, so i can't support the implementation of votekicks into Wf., for bounties, denying bounty rewards for being too far for a set period of time would be way better than that.

On 2018-12-18 at 8:17 PM, (XB1)ZAYNE 79 said:

lol

You have a mod problem then 😉

Doesn't everyone at lower (newer to the game) levels, that imo is a mechanics issue not a players.. If mods don't drop because of RNG then its the games fault.

No one wants to help newer customers do story missions even hard ones because high levels get no rewards from them so new players are stuck doing them solo, explain how a new customer can do the ABCD point games solo or 15 rounds on a defend solo.. they have limited warframes, limited mods and no one to help because zero incentives..

You stagnate in the star chart for weeks and see how fast you uninstall warframe..

Edited by DanteYoda

27 minutes ago, DanteYoda said:

Doesn't everyone at lower (newer to the game) levels, that imo is a mechanics issue not a players.. If mods don't drop because of RNG then its the games fault.

No one wants to help newer customers do story missions even hard ones because high levels get no rewards from them so new players are stuck doing them solo, explain how a new customer can do the ABCD point games solo or 15 rounds on a defend solo.. they have limited warframes, limited mods and no one to help because zero incentives..

You stagnate in the star chart for weeks and see how fast you uninstall warframe..

While I agree, those in mid-tier and those with disabilities face this problem: Speed.

Did an arb this morning, and had a level 24 and 21 with me. They already rescued the guy and I'm halfway across the map behind them.

DE doesn't group players near their MRs, either. The result is 0 kills/0 contribution and that isn't rewarding, either (or worse, the MR 21 and MR 24 would think they're "carrying" the MR 11).

Wish DE would scale difficulty for those who rather play solo because they can't move fast enough, but FORCED to play in public groups due to how Arbs are designed ... for a group ... and then get placed in groups that are too high MR level and you're have little to do, too. Some of these AoE frames are doing over 700 kills in a run. You literally have NOTHING to do. And if you go into another room to pick some off away from the AoEs, if you die they don't rez, either.

Closer MR level groups, everyone shares and that feels more rewarding, than APPEARANCES of who are "leechers" and what is "challenging", too.

Leechers are those who simply stand there doing nothing (like dragging an alt in). They're not killing. Not taking objectives. They keep dying because the mission is too high level for them, and thus become a burden on everyone else. They're simply there to open the star map and/or for the mission loot for completion. Worst is seen in Defense, where the alt-dragger parks his alt at the objective, while everyone finds a lane to kill. Then on the minimap you see a cluster of the enemy chewing through it, and that alt, is just standing there looking pretty.

I would say difficulty.

Leecher already a known problem,nothing much to discuss there (except maybe a solution.)

The game difficulty however is really controversial topic. Some people want them, some don't, some neutral.

I'm on neutral side. While i don't mind difficult content, i think it would be hard to find a good spot of difficult in warframe. Due to flexability in warframe/operator ability, most "difficult" content would be hard for only for about days or two before people figure easy way to do them.

There are also topic of what kind of difficulty people need. Not everyone have the same opinion on what is need or don't need. Some hate bullet sponge, some hate invulnerable state, some hate "shooting at weak spot", some hate warframe ability taken aways and more.

Not that it impossible to pull of but it would require alot of discussion on both DE and player side and change in alot of game mechanic. That why i think it is more interesting topic.

Edited by somesung