Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Rework Suggestion PLEASE HEAR ME OUT

(XBOX)KnightSlayer411

Tesla should be able to affect multiple enemies at once. The range of the stun is affected by power range, the duration of the stun is affected by power duration and the damage it inflicts is affected by power strength. 

Vortex should stay as it is BUT with a bit more base range, because right now the vacuum effect is kinda short. 

The mines should be utilitarian, we have four mines. One should be a healing mine, the amount of health that it gives per second would be affected by power strength, the range of healing should be affected by power range and it should be duration base off course. 

The second mine should be for energy regeneration, continuous and not pulsating. The effects should behave as the first mine I talked about above. 

The third mine should be a deployable turret and this turrent would inflict puncture and impact damage as default and it gets affected by the mods in you PRIMARY weapon. The base stats need to be decent enough. 

And FINALLY with Bastille and this is the most important part. 

Bastille should have a 90% damage ABSORPTION to any incoming damage from the OUTSIDE. Every single projectile, beam, grenade, missile, etc... Will just hit at a 10% of it's original damage. 

Now, why damage absorption? Because Bastille won't be duration based, it would have a damage limit and when it reaches that limit, the Bastille will explode and deal all the damage it absorbed to both the enemies trapped inside the Bastille and the ones outside at a certain range. 

The amount of damage the Bastille can handle before exploding would be based on power strength, warframe health and armor. 

If you recast Bastille before it explodes, all the damage absorbed won't be released. 

And as a plus, the more damage the Bastille absorbs, the more it starts pulsating, glowing and resonating. This would work as a visual and sound hint to the player, to make him or her know that the bastille is about to explode. 

Please DIGITAL EXTREMES, takes this into account SPECIALLY the Bastille part. PLEASE

Edited by (XB1)DavidRyder 74
  • Like 1

On 2018-12-17 at 2:36 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well you’re first mistake is thinking that putting the Megathread and PSA tags immediately make your post hold more value. Which they don’t as those are for DE’s use only. So you should probably remove them.

It's my first post so I don't know which tags to use

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re supposed to read the guidelines before posting.

Well to be honest I don't go to game forums looking for a guide on how to post a thread usually it's pretty straight forward. However i made the same mistake on putting the mega thread tag on cause I assumed hey why make a dozen other threads.. just make one big one. And then some one told me. lol.

On 2018-12-17 at 11:35 AM, (XB1)DavidRyder 74 said:

Tesla should be able to affect multiple enemies at once. The range of the stun is affected by power range, the duration of the stun is affected by power duration and the damage it inflicts is affected by power strength. 

Vortex should stay as it is BUT with a bit more base range, because right now the vacuum effect is kinda short. 

The mines should be utilitarian, we have four mines. One should be a healing mine, the amount of health that it gives per second would be affected by power strength, the range of healing should be affected by power range and it should be duration base off course. 

The second mine should be for energy regeneration, continuous and not pulsating. The effects should behave as the first mine I talked about above. 

The third mine should be a deployable turret and this turrent would inflict puncture and impact damage as default and it gets affected by the mods in you PRIMARY weapon. The base stats need to be decent enough. 

And FINALLY with Bastille and this is the most important part. 

Bastille should have a 90% damage ABSORPTION to any incoming damage from the OUTSIDE. Every single projectile, beam, grenade, missile, etc... Will just hit at a 10% of it's original damage. 

Now, why damage absorption? Because Bastille won't be duration based, it would have a damage limit and when it reaches that limit, the Bastille will explode and deal all the damage it absorbed to both the enemies trapped inside the Bastille and the ones outside at a certain range. 

The amount of damage the Bastille can handle before exploding would be based on power strength, warframe health and armor. 

If you recast Bastille before it explodes, all the damage absorbed won't be released. 

And as a plus, the more damage the Bastille absorbs, the more it starts pulsating, glowing and resonating. This would work as a visual and sound hint to the player, to make him or her know that the bastille is about to explode. 

Please DIGITAL EXTREMES, takes this into account SPECIALLY the Bastille part. PLEASE

I agree with some of what you posted. However..

Tesla, should have 3 different pulse modes.

1st being the CC high damage shock.

2nd being your idea to chain to other enemies less power but more shock CC.

3rd pulse grenade for AOE damage less cc.

The mines idea for a healing mine is awesome. I'd love to see an AOE mine with a healing area. And a turret sounds pretty good.

As for the energy mine that's a 50 50 while I agree it would be awesome I feel like he would be better off with what others have suggested in other threads with a defensive bubble, shred being more useful and working differently. 

Bastille. I can't agree on because its an anti gravity field. at most I'd say bullets are attracted to enemies within the field give you a chance not to get hit by enemy fire but that'd be it. Vauban already gets a nice passive with the combo of Bastille the damage reduction would be too much.

Vortex is honestly fine how it is. Does what it does. I'd like to see a change to it though where it absorbs damage types like zephyrs tornados but that's just me. Otherwise yeah it's fine where it's at.

His minelayer and Tesla is where the reworks really need to happen. Tesla well being Tesla. Minelayer is 3/4 memes 1/4 broken(not working correctly)

And his Bastille is still bugged. So.