Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea to prevent one shots/instant deaths

RobRalneR

I think this could work, but... to balance it they'd have to remove the current system and also remove all the revives we have.

I don't think the current system is a problem.  We get 4+ self-revives in addition to infinite revives from team mates per mission.  That's all per mission!  It's arguably too generous.  The revive limit used to be per frame per day.

I still think shield gating is a good idea, but I don't care that much if it never happens.

Edited by Daemonjax
stuff

On 2018-12-18 at 3:24 PM, Klokwerkaos said:

Use adaptation.  If you can't earn it, then farm the plat and buy it.

You missed the entire point.

Can you survive in Arbitrations with Banshee, Harrow or any frame? What happens if one sniper one shots you from nowhere? That's it. You're dead. It doesn't matter how much health or shields you have. You could bring a tankier frame, but that defeats the purpose of bringing your main frame into missions you want to play in.

The whole point of this system is to give any frame a second chance if they get hit by something out of nowhere which would potentially kill them. You could bring adaptation, but I found it useful for frames who have crowd control powers and have more shields than health, but does it protect them from one-shots? Nope. So I fail to see your point there.

8 hours ago, RobRalneR said:

You missed the entire point.

Can you survive in Arbitrations with Banshee, Harrow or any frame? What happens if one sniper one shots you from nowhere? That's it. You're dead. It doesn't matter how much health or shields you have. You could bring a tankier frame, but that defeats the purpose of bringing your main frame into missions you want to play in.

The whole point of this system is to give any frame a second chance if they get hit by something out of nowhere which would potentially kill them. You could bring adaptation, but I found it useful for frames who have crowd control powers and have more shields than health, but does it protect them from one-shots? Nope. So I fail to see your point there.

Yes, I can.

I don't think you understand what it is you are saying.

Frames get trade offs.  One of those trade offs is less tankiness for more utility/dps output.

Banshee can work just fine in arbitration if you build her correctly.  Probably not at 2 hours, but then again, you're not supposed to take a non tank frame for a long endurance run, because, you know, core game mechanics.

On the other side of the coin, playing a tank frame like nidus or rhino, etc... at a certain point they all get one shot too, I suppose they need buffs also because they get one shotted as well?... I don't think so.  Content difficulty is designed to be relative, if something isn't working for you then it's up to you to adapt.

The problem isn't the frames, or the core mechanic, it's 2 other things:

enemy scaling issues, and potentially: you not building/bringing the best frame for the job.

Because warframes are all unique and have different strengths and weaknesses, some are suited better to certain tasks.

If you intentionally refuse to bring the best frame for the job, that is YOUR CHOICE, and that's fine, but don't get mad about the results because it's your choice, that you made, knowing full well that the choice was sub optimal.

That said, adaptation and quick thinking is a thing.  Invisibility is a thing.  Tank frames are a thing. Damage reduction abilities and blocking are a thing.  Team synergy is a thing.  I could go on...

The tools are there.  If you refuse to use them, that's a personal choice that you are responsible for and have no right to blame anyone else about the results of your choices regarding gameplay style; it's tantamount to blaming the game controller on your xbox that you didn't win.  You do have every right to make bad choices, but you don't have a right to sympathy for making bad choices.  What you do have a right to though, is learning from those bad choices to make better ones.

The only long term solution is relativistic damage and warframe isn't remotely set up for that at this time, and that also has it's own issues as well.