Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The Pvp Will Take Too Much Work

Fearzffs

So yes PvP in warframe a good pvp balanced will take a lot of work. What will be needed: 

Updating the actual dmg output of weapons and skills - This will not take development work but it will take a lot of testing and a lot of calculations which will really consume a lot of time for DE

Ability changes - Certain abilities must be changed for the pvp to work for example invisability must brake after an attack or nova blast mustn't go trough objectives so you can actually hide if you see it coming. Range of abilities must be changed for pvp only. 

What does this mean DE will need to calculate and put a lot of work into augmenting abilities only for pvp which will be Nightmerish.

Adding ladder boards ranking items and stuff for PvP - again a lot of development work and research what is actually needed.

So yes pvp will be a lot of work but once they started working on it I am positive they found the Resources to do it. Is it that they hired more people to work on it or they found free human resources in their team I do not know but things might turn out fine.

Seeing the threads especially the one for the Acrid I do not think that players want PVE balance, they are just raging about how bad a weapon is or how good a weapon is that they do not possess or how bad the warframe they are playing is compared to another warframe and they are asking either for a buff or a nerf.

pvp will never balance in this game.

imho, pvp in this game is just not going to work.

The only possible way to balance the pvp will be:

#1. no warframe ability can be use

#2. no mod for warframe and weapon

#3. some weapon cannot be use (e.g. acrid/despair)

but then where is the fun?

PvP works fine as it is.

All the OP stuff balances out.

This does not work for PvP.

pvp will never balance in this game.

imho, pvp in this game is just not going to work.

The only possible way to balance the pvp will be:

#1. no warframe ability can be use

#2. no mod for warframe and weapon

#3. some weapon cannot be use (e.g. acrid/despair)

but then where is the fun?

I really love apple pie so don't try to serve me S#&$.

So what you're saying is that to make PvP balanced they need to completely redesign how the game works.

Yet somehow you don't understand why many of us don't want it.

I did not say completely redesign the game, I just said that it needs a lot of resources and they might actually have it.

I just wanted to make something clear and that something is that if they want to add pvp they will need to work for it and since they started I do not think DE are morons and did take into account what I have stated in my post.

Leaving this here. Enjoy thinking outside of the box.

"Balancing is nowhere near as bad as people think it is, and that's only if you're focusing on the 'Killing in Arena' style PvP, that everyone (yes, both sides) can't get their heads out of their butts about. Games can actually separate their PvE and PvP, and DE already developed the means to do so.

The Mod Card system allows for the implementation of new mods and abilities, which can then be made to be PvE or PvP-specific. DE talked about this themselves a long time ago, back at PAX. Weapons can simply have a separate set of numbers for Player to Player damage.

This is a video from PAX.

3 minutes and 50 seconds is when they start talking about PvP. They talk about filling out their focus on PvE and how they're going to slowly and organically build up PvP. They talk about the Mod Card system and how it can be used to separate the balancing of PvE and PvP by making mods and abilities that only work in certain types of game modes.

Digital Extremes has developed tons of PvP. Their original ideas for Dark Sector/Warframe included lots of PvP. They may have decided to go with a more PvE focus, but they never threw the idea of PvP in the trash.

Now, let's look at the PS4. The PS4 version is being worked on right now, by another team of people. The release to the PS4 means that the game is growing, it's expanding to a larger audience. Which means more money. That's more money that can go into PvE and even PvP.

In this day and age of video games, especially for an online shooter, no PvP is, sadly and unfortunately, a limitation. As it stands, only one group of gamers is being catered to. Normally, you want something for everyone. When the game becomes bigger, such as the PS4 release, there are going to be more people who are going to expect and/or want PvP. And that's more people who are going to be disappointed and who won't stay. DE wants as many people playing and as much money coming in as possible.

If more PvP is added to the game, it has the same potential as the PS4 release. More ways to play, more players, more money. That's more money for everything.

If you don't like playing against players in any form of gameplay, whether it's 'Killing in an Arena', 'Team Against Team Objectives' or 'Checkers', then don't do it. Simple as that.

If you think the community is somehow going to become magically "worse", then take a look at things right now. Look at how you guys react to the very mention of PvP, trading or any new feature or suggestion. This community cries, rages and fights with itself more than it would if we had more PvP.

We're not talking about changing the focus from PvE, so stop saying that. We're not asking for PvP now, so stop saying that. We're asking to have more of it eventually. Because this game needs more of everything, it needs more to play with.

People are getting bored of the game. Scripted enemies only go so far, especially if their AI isn't anything amazing. People want something new, people want challenge and people want end game. Playing against human opponents is a great way to do that, and it can come in many forms.

If your butt still hurts, then think of it this way. The extra money that PvP lovers would bring in would give you more of what you want. (But don't start fights about that, 'cause you do hate PvP, right? harhar)

Everyone likes different types of gameplay, every side has different people. We all need to stop generalizing, we all need to stop being rude. We all need to grow up, shut up and allow the game to grow as well.

(✿◡‿◡)"

Edited by FatalX7

I did not say completely redesign the game, I just said that it needs a lot of resources and they might actually have it.

I just wanted to make something clear and that something is that if they want to add pvp they will need to work for it and since they started I do not think DE are morons and did take into account what I have stated in my post.

You essentially did though. They need to completely rethink how damage works, how abilities work, how warframes stats are set up as opposed to enemy stats, etc.

I'm not against PvP, so long as it doesn't negatively impact the PvE game this is meant to be. I just don't see a way for them to do that without impacting it. I really do wish though that for once people could just be happy with a fun PvE game. Some people just can't live with a game where they can't shoot other players in the face, and every game inevitably gets demands for PvP.