Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A better Mending Splinter

zoobmer

Mending Splinters is not very useful when Splinter Storm has to be cast on each target separately. This is compounded by the fact that casting Splinter Storm on another target makes you lose track of your own Splinter Storm timer. I propose the following change:

With Mending Splinters equipped, Gara can no longer cast Splinter Storm on anyone or anything but herself. Instead, while Splinter Storm is active on Gara herself, all possible targets in casting range of Splinter Storm are automatically under the effect of Splinter Storm as long as they are within line of sight.

This would give a Splinter Storm focused Gara build a powerful paladin playstyle. This change is balanced by the fact that it requires a mod slot. The line of sight requirement is also essential for game balance.

They need to give you and other players the buff icon or just remove the offensive variant of Splinter Storm from being part of the ability timer.

If you mean casting range and not area of effect than I could see value in the change.

The biggest downside to the ability is that her 4th has to touch other players to refresh the buff and if you have a whole team + objective covered with Mending Splinter Shields her 4th is more of a nuisance than protection. I just instantly destroy it but 30m max to refresh Splinter on a group is not much room.

As a note, you know you can always sync up all the casts you have, of Splinter Storm by just refreshing them with your 4? I think that's why they haven't put in any extra function, because there's a mechanic there for making sure your timers are all the same and that you're actively refreshing the buff on everyone.

Also, if you're using her scaling Splinter Storm function too (the one where you burst your 4 from the outside with 1 and all the damage is absorbed into Splinter Storm to stack infinitely if you maintain it), then you're getting all the benefits of the Augment at the same time as making every player and pet and NPC into a walking blender.

7 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

As a note, you know you can always sync up all the casts you have, of Splinter Storm by just refreshing them with your 4? I think that's why they haven't put in any extra function, because there's a mechanic there for making sure your timers are all the same and that you're actively refreshing the buff on everyone.

Also, if you're using her scaling Splinter Storm function too (the one where you burst your 4 from the outside with 1 and all the damage is absorbed into Splinter Storm to stack infinitely if you maintain it), then you're getting all the benefits of the Augment at the same time as making every player and pet and NPC into a walking blender.

but if they aren't close enough to her 4, it does not refresh.