Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small QoL idea: each mastery rank reduces foundry build times by 1%

Roikan

4 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

I foresee lots of players leaving the game running while they do other things, ans moving on occasion to avoid the idle kick.

I still think any "loyalty discounts" should apply only to gear the player has already mastered. It shouldn't apply to new content.

About the idle kick avoidance, fair enough - I didn't think about that.

What's your line of reasoning for there being no bonuses applying to new content, though?

Just now, Mach25 said:

About the idle kick avoidance, fair enough - I didn't think about that.

What's your line of reasoning for there being no bonuses applying to new content, though?

It erodes the monetization model DE is enforcing. They already jump through lots of hoops to twist players' arms into paying:

New resources to circumvent stockpiles.

Sequential research requirements to extend wait timers.

Progressively more aggressive drop rates and assorted gating (e.g., daily rep limits).

I doubt DE would be willing to undo all that work, and I wouldn't want to see baseline craft times made worse so that veterans still have to wait a compelling amount of time.

If the player has already consumed the content, I think it would be fair and favorable to shorten the reacquisition process. But if it's something the player might otherwise be inclined to buy? It's hard to imagine any decent concessions in that respect.

22 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

It erodes the monetization model DE is enforcing. They already jump through lots of hoops to twist players' arms into paying:

New resources to circumvent stockpiles.

Sequential research requirements to extend wait timers.

Progressively more aggressive drop rates and assorted gating (e.g., daily rep limits).

I doubt DE would be willing to undo all that work, and I wouldn't want to see baseline craft times made worse so that veterans still have to wait a compelling amount of time.

If the player has already consumed the content, I think it would be fair and favorable to shorten the reacquisition process. But if it's something the player might otherwise be inclined to buy? It's hard to imagine any decent concessions in that respect.

Very good points and agreed. You've definitely got this company's m.o. down pat.

Edited by Mach25