The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki's The Master! (Pvp)

Kamal965

Should I put this out there? I almost don't want to.

Decoy will see the closest thing and aim at it with it's pistol, and since Switch Teleport gives you your target's view, you can use Decoy like an Aimbot.

This is why I won't PvP. It's way too easy with the MASTER RACE <3

^

its almost unfair and I feel bad

but not bad enough to stop

Should I put this out there? I almost don't want to.

Decoy will see the closest thing and aim at it with it's pistol, and since Switch Teleport gives you your target's view, you can use Decoy like an Aimbot.

This is why I won't PvP. It's way too easy with the MASTER RACE <3

Oh god, I didn't even think of this! Good thinking, man. Still, PvP is just a place holder for me because I'm bored of endless defense missions.

Anyhow, I've developed some preeeeetty good tactics using Switch Teleport and Radial Disarm. Radial Disarm, in PvP, removes all of their shields and disables their sentinels, so it's a good Shield debuff if they have plenty of that good ol' blue stuff.

Switch Teleport is the biggest troll and tactical move you can probably do in PvP, lmao. Switch Teleporting someone around every second while in close quarters/mid-range, switching them into their Ogris missile, jumping over their Torid gas cloud and switching with them so they fall into it, getting your team mate to shoot you with his own Torid and then switching the enemy into it, disorientating them while they're aiming at you (seeing as you don't have to aim at them, all we need to do is set the reticle on them) to take up their shooting position, etc.

You're right, lol. It's too easy.

Your fault for thinking that this game was never going to have PvP. Hint - DE never said there was never going to be PvP

So much entitlement and hypocrisy in this crappy community, being flung from all sides.

The thing with PVP is that when someone wants it and DE puts it in, after a while it bcomes too PVP focused :/

Hmm were you using super secret Loki cheese tactics?

I was using the "pro Loki" tactics!

btw, that first SS had a Banshee in it. That Vulkar of hers could shoot through my invisibility and one shot me. Granted, I had no HP/Shield mods on, as you can see.

Oh, and for the Lokis out there:

BEWARE OF DETHCUBE! BEWARE OF DETHCUBE! BEWARE OF DETHCUBE!

That little spinning ball cube of death WILL one shot you with Vaporize if you switch teleport with its master.

Edited by Kamal965

I was using the "pro Loki" tactics!

btw, that first SS had a Banshee in it. That Vulkar of hers could shoot through my invisibility and one shot me. Granted, I had no HP/Shield mods on, as you can see.

Oh, and for the Lokis out there:

BEWARE OF DETHCUBE! BEWARE OF DETHCUBE! BEWARE OF DETHCUBE!

That little spinning ball cube of death WILL one shot you with Vaporize if you switch teleport with its master.

User a sniper rifle or something else with good accuracy to kill the Cubert

Nothing can stop you now

Don't just spit out words with no basis, or is this really the limit of your trust in DE?

I never  said I don't trust DE.

And this isn't a 'no basis' thing. This is what every game I played up to now that started with a focus on PVE/PVM (aka not PVP), after a small group of players who kept bothering the dev team for more focus on PVP, turned into.

Btw, I'm in a neutral position towards the DE, I'm just watching the PVP suggestions and waiting for the DE to make a decision, be it good or bad.

Then you've not played the right games. And you're still making assumptions. Okay, time for wall of text since this thread is full of mean and hate.

"Balancing is nowhere near as bad as people think it is, and that's only if you're focusing on the 'Killing in Arena' style PvP, that everyone (yes, both sides) can't get their heads out of their butts about. Games can actually separate their PvE and PvP, and DE already developed the means to do so.

The Mod Card system allows for the implementation of new mods and abilities, which can then be made to be PvE or PvP-specific. DE talked about this themselves a long time ago, back at PAX. Weapons can simply have a separate set of numbers for Player to Player damage.

This is a video from PAX.

3 minutes and 50 seconds is when they start talking about PvP. They talk about filling out their focus on PvE and how they're going to slowly and organically build up PvP. They talk about the Mod Card system and how it can be used to separate the balancing of PvE and PvP by making mods and abilities that only work in certain types of game modes.

There are several games out there that do fine jobs at keeping their PvE and PvP separated from each other.

Digital Extremes has developed tons of PvP. Their original ideas for Dark Sector/Warframe included lots of PvP. They may have decided to go with a more PvE focus, but they never threw the idea of PvP in the trash.

Now, let's look at the PS4. The PS4 version is being worked on right now, by another team of people. The release to the PS4 means that the game is growing, it's expanding to a larger audience. Which means more money. That's more money that can go into PvE and even PvP.

In this day and age of video games, especially for an online shooter, no PvP is, sadly and unfortunately, a limitation. As it stands, only one group of gamers is being catered to. Normally, you want something for everyone. When the game becomes bigger, such as the PS4 release, there are going to be more people who are going to expect and/or want PvP. And that's more people who are going to be disappointed and who won't stay. DE wants as many people playing and as much money coming in as possible.

If more PvP is added to the game, it has the same potential as the PS4 release. More ways to play, more players, more money. That's more money for everything.

If you don't like playing against players in any form of gameplay, whether it's 'Killing in an Arena', 'Team Against Team Objectives' or 'Checkers', then don't do it. Simple as that.

If you think the community is somehow going to become magically "worse", then take a look at things right now. Look at how you guys react to the very mention of PvP, trading or any new feature or suggestion. This community cries, rages and fights with itself more than it would if we had more PvP.

We're not talking about changing the focus from PvE, so stop saying that. We're not asking for PvP now, so stop saying that. We're asking to have more of it eventually. Because this game needs more of everything, it needs more to play with.

People are getting bored of the game. Scripted enemies only go so far, especially if their AI isn't anything amazing. People want something new, people want challenge and people want end game. Playing against human opponents is a great way to do that, and it can come in many forms.

If your butt still hurts, then think of it this way. The extra money that PvP lovers would bring in would give you more of what you want. (But don't start fights about that, 'cause you do hate PvP, right? harhar)

Everyone likes different types of gameplay, every side has different people. We all need to stop generalizing, we all need to stop being rude. We all need to grow up, shut up and allow the game to grow as well.

(✿◡‿◡)"

Fwoosh /flies away

Edited by FatalX7

Thanks for the explanation, Fatal. Yeah I agree with you, everyone likes different play styles. Some people love PVP, I prefer PVE, that's not bad.

After all, even if there is PVP, I can jsut not play the PVP part of it, and stay with my PVE, letting the PVP people play their PVP and no one has to fight that way :)

I apologize if it sounded childish or like I was trying to impose my beliefs onto people. :)

Thanks for the explanation, Fatal. Yeah I agree with you, everyone likes different play styles. Some people love PVP, I prefer PVE, that's not bad.

After all, even if there is PVP, I can jsut not play the PVP part of it, and stay with my PVE, letting the PVP people play their PVP and no one has to fight that way :)

I apologize if it sounded childish or like I was trying to impose my beliefs onto people. :)

I want to apologize too. I like both PvE and PvP and want to see more of both in this game! I get so passionate when people talk about PvP in this game, 'cause a lot of people just say silly things... and I like to shove stuff in people's faces.

I post that big post a lot. It's a compilation of arguments and points that I and others have come up with over the course of several months, because it's easier than just typing all of the same things individually multiple times, so I apologize again if it's repetitive for anyone. But if other people would stop being repetitive and saying the same silly things all the time, I wouldn't need to keep saying the same things all the time either...

As it stands, only one group of gamers is being catered to. Normally, you want something for everyone.

who wants something for everyone? you?

I would like to Play a game that feels unique

"DE wants as many people playing and as much money coming in as possible.

If your butt still hurts, then think of it this way. The extra money that PvP lovers would bring in would give you more of what you want. (But don't start fights about that, 'cause you do hate PvP, right? harhar)

so your Argument is only Money and the hope that someone getting it will use it to do something someone else like?

hey, it may not be fun and it may distract the whole direction of the games development and water down the aspects

people who stick to this game are still here ... but it will bring them Money, ....

We're not talking about changing the focus from PvE, so stop saying that. We're not asking for PvP now, so stop saying that. We're asking to have more of it eventually. Because this game needs more of everything, it needs more to play with.

People are getting bored of the game. Scripted enemies only go so far, especially if their AI isn't anything amazing. People want something new, people want challenge and people want end game. Playing against human opponents is a great way to do that, and it can come in many forms.

pvp is lame, if you cant script AI, if you cant imagine soemthing, lets make pvp *yawn

I think you should demand payment for your speech from DEs Marketing department

1. The game is unique. Even if it has PvP, it's still unique. It has an original and incredibly unique aesthetic and no other game comes close to being similar to it's gameplay, even if it has PvP.

That's a silly argument.

2. You seem to grossly misunderstand. There are a lot of people who like and want PvP. If there is more it, that's more people who will play more which can equate to them spending more money. That money will then go into DE's resources as a whole, which can go into PvE.

This is silly too, I don't see how that's difficult to connect.

3. This isn't even an argument. It's just biased, dismissive and childish.

Edited by FatalX7

look, there is a Million free to Play games out there, the all strive to make Money from Minimum Investment

and there is always a guy like you believing they only use every possible trick in the book to get Money from

People only to have enough resources to make the game they really had in mind all the time ...

seriously, dude, this is no comic book or sit com here,

you can expect nothing ... the fact the remains of this game are now used to be dragged over the skeleton of a

F2P concept that is not an Inch different then every other F2P game out there is an Insult to the

original game itself ...

no, I dont believe in the Founder.Project, I dont believe in the beta tack,

dude, there are People already spending thouthand of Dollars on this game, because

you know they have this Handy uncontrolable habbit ...

I think you cant imagine how much money games like this are generating ...

thats all not that hard to understand, I guess