Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Items Should Be Earnable From Hardwork And Good Game Play

WNxSpectre

I want everyone to be able to have access to them if they are determined and play well enough.

The item is meaningless without the sense of accomplishment.

The founders items are simply for recognition to the people who believe in this game enough to put $250 into it. So what you want, is to take those items away from us and give them to everyone else. How much more just is that? What makes the founders package special after that? A badge? A spot on a council? If not those Prime items, then it WILL be something else. So just get used to it.

The OP's logic is silly.

His sense of fairplay is violated because free players cannot get a reskin of starter gear?

Has he considered that digital items have no overhead once they're designed, and that the gifts he requests would come out of the contribution the founders have made?

Edited by Zakalwe

The founders items are simply for recognition to the people who believe in this game enough to put $250 into it. So what you want, is to take those items away from us and give them to everyone else. How much more just is that? What makes the founders package special after that? A badge? A spot on a council? If not those Prime items, then it WILL be something else. So just get used to it.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, not agreeing or disagreeing with the OP, but I don't think anyone who isn't hunter rank (and most of them as well), really got founders just for the exclusive content. Besides, what's wrong with just having the badges be a way to show off your founder's rank? I mean let's be honest, how often do people actually use the Skana Prime or Lato Prime anyway? It's honestly quite rare that I even see an Excalibur Prime even among people who I know for a fact have him. However I have seen people use the founder's badges ingame somewhat often.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, not agreeing or disagreeing with the OP, but I don't think anyone who isn't hunter rank (and most of them as well), really got founders just for the exclusive content. Besides, what's wrong with just having the badges be a way to show off your founder's rank? I mean let's be honest, how often do people actually use the Skana Prime or Lato Prime anyway? It's honestly quite rare that I even see an Excalibur Prime even among people who I know for a fact have him. However I have seen people use the founder's badges ingame somewhat often.

Actually one of my builds is Excalibur Prime, Braton Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime. He's my Grineer killer.

This sell line, is exactly what would stop me from contributing.

Then don't. Who cares?

If you're stuck in your stubborn ways and refusing logic, then quit arguing. The weapons/ frame sucks compared to what you really need, and overall you're *@##$ing and moaning just to complain.

If you don't want to buy it, don't. Don't make a thread to try and change Warframe's future because you refuse to pay money.

If they're so inconsequential either way, it should 't matter they exist at all.

Agreed that for the most part they have done well in making almost everything achievable.  But that still leaves these 3 points of contention.

This is the barrier preventing me from investing in a founders package at this time.

Like I have said, I do not want to buy in game items, my sense of fair play is violated by it.  Id rather any outside gift than any in game item.

fair play? if i were to spend 250 dollars on warfame, it would be to be part of the design council, and not for the three S#&$tiest items in the entire warframe

Actually one of my builds is Excalibur Prime, Braton Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime. He's my Grineer killer.

One example does not a pattern make. Besides that isn't really a good build for the higher level armor-heavy Grineer anyway.

If they're so inconsequential either way, it should 't matter they exist at all.

Not disagreeing, just pointing out that this argument works both ways. If some of the founder's items were available in the void (with very low drop rates), I don't think it would make a huge difference since most of it isn't even all that great to begin with and most of the founder's don't even equip them very often anyway. Edited by Grilleds

One example does not a pattern make. Besides that isn't really a good build for the higher level armor-heavy Grineer anyway.Not disagreeing, just pointing out that this argument works both ways. If some of the founder's items were available in the void (with very low drop rates), I don't think it would make a huge difference since most of it isn't even all that great to begin with and most of the founder's don't even equip them very often anyway.

No, because the founders program states they won't be available any other way.

Some people will have paid for the exclusive items, regardless of the fact they're just reskins. And yes, I consider the weapons reskins even with their tiny increases, because the increases are so slight and almost every piece of gear in the game outclasses them. The little increase lets founders use them without feeling like they stuck using the most basic gear, and everyone else can be happy knowing the stuff they built in game is better.

Beside those that require platinum.

Yes, MOST of the item are earnable.

None are Platinum Exclusive.

Excal-Prime is a reskin that just has a Forma on it already.

Lato Prime is a minorly stronger weapon that Lato but so many others outclass it

Skana Prime, like all 1h weapons is weak. Only 1 hand I have found to like is Dark Dagger because it ignores Ancients Armor.

Everything that is actually important or game-effecting can be earned. Even alternate Helmets.

The one barrier that is preventing me from investing in the founders packages is the very fact that it awards items that cannot be earned in game.  I don't want to be given in game items for the depth of my wallet, instead of the depth of my game play.

<problem solving hat='on'>

Okay, how about you purchase the Disciple founder's package for $19.99. It awards NO IN GAME ITEMS. You will just get a badge.

Here is a link. https://warframe.com/founders

Now you can be a founder without getting ANY EXCLUSIVE GEAR.

Or you could just buy platinum, like I have done, and use it solely for potato/forma/color.

Are we done here?

</hat>

Agreed that for the most part they have done well in making almost everything achievable.  But that still leaves these 3 points of contention.

This is the barrier preventing me from investing in a founders package at this time.

Right when I read this, I knew this was a troll thread. And this was on the first page.

Stop buying into this, people.

I dont see how what you say is 'fair' is fair to us founders at all.

The items are EXCLUSIVE to the founders as a reward for funding the game with a decent chunk of money.  How would it be fair to us to release the items that are supposed to be ours alone to the general public?  I bought the grandmaster pack for 3 reasons: The exclusive items (first and foremost), the solar landmark (which no one ever looks at) and the council seat, in that order none the less.
And now you want to make the money I spent worthless by making it available in game?

That would be like you buying a special one of a kind miniture for a game, the ONLY one ever made, and you spent a few hundred on it.
Two years later they start mass producing them and selling them for 20 dollars, or even giving them away at promo events.
Wouldn't you feel jipped for spending your money on the "one of a kind" item?  Wouldn't that be unfair to you?
Thats the situation your proposing for us founders.

As far as I am aware the Excalibur founder rewards are not earnable.  Please do correct me if I am wrong as this would actually remove the only barrier preventing me from paying for the founder package.

That is a barrier for you? Geez. I guess you have never encountered Beta or any Founders programs in games before. This is nothing new. The things are called an incentive to get people to invest in the game. And as the DE need to maximise its return, they will only give digital wares, not costly art books and daft figurines.

And don't start me on fair play. Why on earth are the people that actually fund the game not allowed something special? It is not pay to win, as the items you're qq-ing about are at best just exlusive reskins.

Get over yourself and either move on or suck it up.

Like others side, why it is a problem? If Excal Prime was super OP along with the Lato Prime and Skana Prime, that would be something. That would be pay to win and bad for business. But those are exclusive rewards for funding the game. The only problem is that DE should have ended the founders program like they said they would in March. It's not really a founder's pack anymore but a pack for a good price on plat.

Not everything should be earnable with time, although I do think most should, and I think most is, in this game. Exclusive rewards are good as long as they don't break the game, and the founders rewards don't at all.

Well, OP, I understand your point and know this feel. These "exclusives" bugs me too, but some people like these. Well, what comes to me, I feel mixed about them. From one side "LOLZI'MTHE COOLEST MOMMYGAVEMEMONEYTOBUYTHIS" is annoying. From the other side, some models (like TF2 model) pleases me, since the only items that is "purchaseable" is stange items, which is similar to common counterparts except for counters. They even removed set bonuses (Which already was kinda useless, like immune to headshot for sniper while he is easily killed by bodyshot), leaving pure cosmetical tombstone on corpses.