Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Egg for Howl of the Kubrow, what's the current situation?

(XBOX)Traellan

Question

Hi folks, your friendly neighborhood NoobTenno is back again

I unlocked the Howl of the Kubrow quest and I'm trying to get an egg. From googling around it sounds like Kubrow Eggs have changed a lot since they were introduced, and I'm just trying to make sure I'm doing this correctly. So the quest pinpoints an Extermination mission on earth. When you enter it you can pick the Howl of the Kubrow Quest or the standard mission. I do the former. I have read on the Internet (so it must be true, right!? LOL) that the drop rate in this mission is supposed to be bumped up. I'd also read that that standard drop rate is about 10%. So presumably the drop rate in this mission is >10% and I'm going to take a wild guess that it's maybe 20%

So I run the mission and find Kubrow dens and slash them until they collapse. I generally find either 3 or 4 dens. I've run the quest 5 times so far, and no egg. So somewhere between 15 and 20 dens. Even at a 10% drop rate I'd expect to have gotten an egg by now. It may be that RNG is hating on me again, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I understand that in 'regular' earth missions there's always a chance to get an egg from destroying a den, but maybe in this specific "Howl of the Kubrow" mission I'm supposed to be doing something other than just slashing dens? If that's the case, can someone set me straight?

There's SO much to do and unlock in Warframe for a noob like me (I haven't even unlocked Mars yet) that replaying this same mission over and over to try to progress this quest is starting to bring me down. Or should I just bag it and accept that my Tenno-Life shall be Kubrow-less? I'm not even sure if the Kubrow does anything...

Edited by (XB1)Traellan

5 answers to this question

You can also try waiting for a Kubrow Egg Alert, but those are fairly rare. There's also no real need for you to get a kubrow asap, as they're actually rather useless and bad, so you can also shelve the quest and move on with clearing the star map and come back to this later (or when you randomly get a kubrow egg while doing other stuff).

44 minutes ago, corallein said:

You can also try waiting for a Kubrow Egg Alert, but those are fairly rare. There's also no real need for you to get a kubrow asap, as they're actually rather useless and bad, so you can also shelve the quest and move on with clearing the star map and come back to this later (or when you randomly get a kubrow egg while doing other stuff).

Yeah maybe that's the best plan for me. I guess it's kind of a 'side quest' at this point... I know to go to Mars there some other quest I need to complete so perhaps I'll just do that one next.