Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would Mag Be Considered "fun" To Use

Anatolius

Question

It wont happen until after U10 but I am on the verge of making 2 new frames: one being Necro and the other is *insert name here*

I have wanted to play as her for a while but id always put it off.

is she "interesting"?

How are her powers after the recent changes?

I have all the blueprints so that is not an issue.

19 answers to this question

Well, pull ragdolls things now, so weee ragdolls! Also 300 AI damage when fully maxed so even more wooos!:D

shield polarize does more damage the more shields there are (and it knocks them down and can send them flying if it kills em! :D)

Bullet attractor multiplies the damage things take that are under it's affect, so wooooo~

Crush is crush, but it has a large range so meeehhh

Edited by omagawolf

Well, pull ragdolls things now, so weee ragdolls! Also 300 AI damage when fully maxed so even more wooos!:D

shield polarize does more damage the more shields there are (and it knocks them down and can send them flying if it kills em! :D)

Bullet attractor multiplies the damage things take that are under it's affect, so wooooo~

Hey omaga! :3

Thanks for the imput. I think I will end up making her because dat throwing idle animation and the fact that enemies kinda just flail around when you pull them over to you.

I only really ask because for some reason I hate tanking.

If I had to label frames from favorite to least I would put all the frames with low shields and armor on one end and slow tanky frames on the other side with Saryn being an exception.. because its Saryn.

Hey omaga! :3

Thanks for the imput. I think I will end up making her because dat throwing idle animation and the fact that enemies kinda just flail around when you pull them over to you.

I only really ask because for some reason I hate tanking.

If I had to label frames from favorite to least I would put all the frames with low shields and armor on one end and slow tanky frames on the other side with Saryn being an exception.. because its Saryn.

/Player says ing like as if I know them

/doesn't remember you

/feels awful

/breathing intensifies 

Never understood people asking these questions, it's very hard to put someone's gaming experience into text and that's their experience, not yours, just make her and try her out? A warframe slot is only 20 platinum.

Slots are never the problem. I have 2 already set up for my next pair.

I just like to hear other people's opinions

Adding to that, her alternate helmets all benefit her, especially season 1 helmet (Coil). They may not be the most appealing in terms of appearance, but they sure do make her better gameplay-wise.

For example, maxed Pull has 40 meters range. If you put Stretch, it's even higher. Then you add Coil helmet, and it's ridiculous. One Pull will deal 300 (390 if you have maxed Focus) armor-ignoring damage that can get certain enemies under cover as well. All of this only requires 25 energy, and less if you have maxed Streamline.

In any case, as people already said, you should try her yourself. One's experience cannot completely be projected to someone else.

P.S.: If you do end up liking her and you plan on putting a potato on her, I suggest waiting for Mag Prime in U10 (if you like her appearance, since certain people dislike the Prime counterpart [i prefer regular Frost's customization over Frost Prime for instance]). It's more beneficial since a Prime Warframe usually comes with an extra polarity (hopefully it's not a useless one for you).

Edited by Casardis

I thought Crush was still only 13 meters? I don't think they made any changes to it except it dealing damage earlier? If it is still 13 meters then it's one of the smallest AOE ults in the game, and it isn't Armor Ignore like many of the others are.

I think she is getting closer and closer to being a complete frame though. With Focus, Flow, and Streamline her Q spam damage should be insane. She was my starter frame and I've only gone back to her a couple of times for certain bosses (Raptor, Hek, Etc.) but with the last update to her skills I really want to get back on her and see that damage multiplier on 3 and the crazy damage on 1.

I thought Crush was still only 13 meters? I don't think they made any changes to it except it dealing damage earlier? If it is still 13 meters then it's one of the smallest AOE ults in the game, and it isn't Armor Ignore like many of the others are.

I think she is getting closer and closer to being a complete frame though. With Focus, Flow, and Streamline her Q spam damage should be insane. She was my starter frame and I've only gone back to her a couple of times for certain bosses (Raptor, Hek, Etc.) but with the last update to her skills I really want to get back on her and see that damage multiplier on 3 and the crazy damage on 1.

This is true, but with a max stretch AND the coil helm...weeeeee~

Also, the only ones that I know of that are armor ignore are rhino stomp, radial javelin, and Miasma

Edited by omagawolf

This is true, but with a max stretch AND the coil helm...weeeeee~

Definitely lol I think she's the only frame with a range helm alternate which is nice to give a little extra push on her ult.

Oh and Anatolius, when you see Bullet Attractor's range w/ Stretch, you'll @#$! a brick lol it's the funniest thing (takes all of the shots from almost a complete room -- HUUUUGE GIANT BUBBLE OF DOOM) I can't even imagine w/ a Coil Helm on also... OMG lol

Edited by JukeBoxx831

Mag is a squishy frame with no defense or cover powers. I don't consider that fun. She's for premade team play where you're staying together or RPG stats smash mode where you're solo or PUGing while fighting enemies that aren't challenging at all. I sold her after she hit 30 and I will probably not make any great effort to get Mag Prime right away. Even when I do I'll just bring that frame to 30 for rank and then put it on the shelf.

My 2¢.

Mag is a squishy frame with no defense or cover powers. I don't consider that fun. She's for premade team play where you're staying together or RPG stats smash mode where you're solo or PUGing while fighting enemies that aren't challenging at all. I sold her after she hit 30 and I will probably not make any great effort to get Mag Prime right away. Even when I do I'll just bring that frame to 30 for rank and then put it on the shelf.

My 2¢.

Last I saw mag has 150 shields at base, making them on par with that of rhino's and frost's. I used my mag all the way until sedna (when it was hard) Solo without a potato, and with a potato ooooo boiiii <3

As for cover powers, pull can do this is used by someone that knows how to...well..use it! Ragdolls tend to not be able to shoot you ;o

Bullet attractor can be used defensively too.

As long as you're in the GIANT bubble coming from that heavy, everything nearby will be shooting at it trying to get to you.

Kinda like Mind Control, but with giant neon targets strapped to your target's head.

Edited by Darzk

I always hated to delete stuff so i bought enough slots for all frames, i'm gonna delete normal versions everytime a new Prime comes out and add a new slot everytime a whole new class comes out, easy.

About Mag, yes, she is fun too use, Pull is too OP

Edited by Phoenix86

I'll agree with the people who said wait on Mag Prime. Hopefully by then Pull will put the enemies in a pile again. At present... Yes, she's fun, but on the other hand Pull was Mag's best point for high end play, and it no longer does its job. It's basically just an amusement skill at this point sadly, since even with the damage increase there are better ways to kill things.

On the other hand, two of her other skills are actually useful, if niche now. Bullet Attractor doubles damage and Shield Polarize can hit end game enemies for 7k. Admittedly I still wouldn't bother with Shield Polarize in most situations, but where it does work, it's insane. Past that, her shields give her incredible survivability for a caster frame, and while Pull may no longer be incredible at end game, it's now fun to use.

I think at the end of the day her current problem is that her skills, even when good, don't form a particularly coherent whole at present.