Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A suggestion to make grinding standing more interesting

continue

As I see it, there is a basic flaw with grinding Ventkid standing that makes it really boring: it only rewards Ventkid standing. You don't make progress to anything else in the entire game, which means we naturally only have the incentive to make grinding the daily cap as efficient (and as DE likes to put it, boring) as possible, or otherwise not bother, so we can go enjoy the rest of the game sooner.

I think, however, there is a pretty easy solution to this. If you've ever broken a storage container in the Orb Vallis, you know they drop all kinds of resources, from gems to fish components. Why not put storage containers onto grind rails and make the grind rails more extensive so that people can explore the map and casually collect resources while they grind Ventkid standing? Rewarding resources would tie k-drive grinding back into the rest of the game, as they're a currency that is used in everything from weapons to cosmetics to buying standing from Ticker. I assume that's at least part of the design philosophy behind k-drive races, to give the players something else to do while they also grind standing. What you need to do is not to prevent people from grinding because it's boring. It's to try to make grinding more than just grinding. That way, it'll be more rewarding for everyone, both people who enjoy grinding as it is, and people who don't.

My suggestion by itself probably isn't anything that great, but I hope those of you at DE will take the idea behind it to heart and try to make gameplay that is rewarding in multiple different ways. 

edit: Also, making the grind rails more extensive would make them more usable while travelling, so you can gain standing while doing other things. They're kind of too far apart as is.

Edited by continue

I just can't stand the fact the combos are divided by 10 and only award 300 point max for a crazy near infinite combo. Trying to hit a 27000 cap everyday by doing 300 points per perfect combos sucks... That's 90 perfect 3000 pts combos per day and probably 300 plus average combos you can legit pull off by actually exploring fortuna and doing actual tricks and not grinding the two best spots. Forcing people to grind the pipes or the pearl for at least an hour each day to hit the cap sucks.

Personally I would probably not divide the score at all (the score you get is the standing you get). I would also increase the 3000 standing cap per trick, even if it means people might cheeze the system to get crazy multipliers and scores. I would also make keeping a combo more forgiving so that actually doing tricks while exploring fortuna would give good rep instead of getting like 650 pts for a badass backlflip slide combo that would make Tony hawk blush but that gets divided to 65 and barely advances your standing cap.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

18 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

I just can't stand the fact the combos are divided by 10 and only award 300 point max for a crazy near infinite combo. Trying to hit a 27000 cap everyday by doing 300 points per perfect combos sucks... That's 90 perfect 3000 pts combos per day and probably 300 plus average combos you can legit pull off by actually exploring fortuna and doing actual tricks and not grinding the two best spots. Forcing people to grind the pipes or the pearl for at least an hour each day to hit the cap sucks.

Personally I would probably not divide the score at all (the score you get is the standing you get). I would also increase the 3000 standing cap per trick, even if it means people might cheeze the system to get crazy multipliers and scores. I would also make keeping a combo more forgiving so that actually doing tricks while exploring fortuna would give good rep instead of getting like 650 pts for a badass backlflip slide combo that would make Tony hawk blush but that gets divided to 65 and barely advances your standing cap.

Just one thing: score is divided by 4 so it's 750 rep from 3k combo.

On 2018-12-23 at 7:59 PM, Soldier1312 said:

Just one thing: score is divided by 4 so it's 750 rep from 3k combo.

True it is divided by 4. I feel if the points would simply translate 1:1 into standing farming K-Drive wouldnt be such a burden anymore.

20+ minutes of dedicated farming for such a gimmicky syndicate is simply overkill... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smurfdaddy said:

True it is divided by 4. I feel if the points would simply translate 1:1 into standing farming K-Drive wouldnt be such a burden anymore.

20+ minutes of dedicated farming for such a gimmicky syndicate is simply overkill... 

Not to mention ~1,5-2h constant grinding (quite literally) for 30lv of K-Drive. It feels like too little of a reward compared to dedication it needs.

I think they should add some higher combo scores at like 60k, and 100k. Then use the other k-drive scrawles to show it. Maybe some impossible moves like ssx did. Also a revolution value, and wall riding should be a thing.

I like the idea, they're fun to run around on. BUT right now there's no reason to torture yourself. Especially if you get one for doing the Solaris quest.