The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cloak Enemies

ChaoticEdge

Well, its either corpus or either grineer is going have cloaking system, I want the game get interesting fighting couple scout or either recon team of enemies, and please make them smart and clever to hide.  Its kind of funny when the players practice against invisible ppl who are running quite fast in cloaking system on.

How to notice the cloaking enemies by close up or either they deiced to move.

Do we want them be very strong? Yes in some point of advantages of being flimsy and also have powerful rail rifle or either random grineer's weapons special crossbow gun which they had made saw blade already. which I would like have crossbow grineer version have 110 dmg on that gun, ignore armor, good old day reloading slow, and use 1 arrow per shot of sniper rifle ammo. (yes I know weapon is not in game play feed back, it is in weapon feed back, it only suggetion for the enemies to use and later on future weapons if lotus and rest developer think having rail rifle or either crossbow in the game would be good idea).

Anyway back subject, we still need more sneaky enemies who can catch enemies off guard like thous infested crawlers on the ground, which players ignore the one on the ground when fighting other infested.

I hope you agree that we need sneaky enemies and believed special type enemies should be in cloak and sneaking around and increase the challenged

I think the Grineer have enough units as it is. They now have a more unique one as well, the Hellion, who can fly and shoot barrage at you. Since they also have the Flameblades, who can teleport, I believe the best faction for a stealthy unit would be the Corpus. This can go hand-in-hand with the new tile set as well!

So far only their MOAs seem to have variety of units. For their crewmen, it's usually just their guns that change (with the Tech being able to deploy a shield drone, but that's it). Since the Corpus are obviously very advanced with their technology, with a few reverse-engineered Orokin techs, they might as well have Corpus stealth units. Taking inspiration from certain Starcraft's Ghosts and Mass Effect's Phantoms, among other things, how about new female Corpus units using Spectras?

Edited by Casardis

Cloaked enemies should be, in my opinion, restricted to Corpus because of tech level, and Infested because of gecko like mutations. I don't think Grineer should ever have cloaks.

I'd like to see a corpus cloaked enemy with a short range, high damage directional AOE plasma weapon. Like a shotgun full of glowing blue/green hell fire.

Give the cloaking tech to the Corpus. The Grineer already have teleportation tech anyway, and Scouts could cloak, so it would make sense.

I'd say the cloaking unit should be an Advanced-tier unit that completely replaces the Sniper Crewman. The Corpus Marksman, has cloaking tech and uses the Lanka, along with flashbangs that act similar to Radial Blind in the form of a grenade. Spawnrate similar to Seekers/Shield Lancers, has personal shielding, health slightly lower than the Tech. However, the way enemy cloaking works ought to be changed. Unlike the current cloaking (i.e. Nef Anyo's cloak), the Marksmen's cloak is semi-visible, leaving a faint silhouette (similar to the Stalkers in Killing Floor). They can shoot while cloaked, and can also be shot while cloaked. I think that would make an interesting addition to the Corpus.

@Khaos: I'd prefer if Scouts would replace regular Corpus capture targets on higher levels, with varying tiers. For example, you'd get the basic Spectra Scout starting from level 20 missions. Starting from level 30, you get Elite Scouts who can throw freezing grenades to slow you down as well, and from level 40 onwards you get Scoutmasters who can also cloak (with the Marksman's cloak style). It'd be silly to have Scouts as normal units.

Edited by Madotsuki

while infested already have the pretty freaking quiet crawlers that end up spawning in all sorts of places, it'd be cool to have some sort of stealthy infested that does something like hang on the ceiling and drop onto players (which acts as a momentary ambush stun) or purposely tries to get behind the player (perhaps ALWAYS attempt to, so a savvy player would be able to protect themselves before getting jumped due to the predictable behavior)

due to the highly specific skillset of the banshee, i think it'd be fair if sonar would blow their cover immediately

Edited by weirdee

Give the cloaking tech to the Corpus. The Grineer already have teleportation tech anyway, and Scouts could cloak, so it would make sense.

I'd say the cloaking unit should be an Advanced-tier unit that completely replaces the Sniper Crewman. The Corpus Marksman, has cloaking tech and uses the Lanka, along with flashbangs that act similar to Radial Blind in the form of a grenade. Spawnrate similar to Seekers/Shield Lancers, has personal shielding, health slightly lower than the Tech. However, the way enemy cloaking works ought to be changed. Unlike the current cloaking (i.e. Nef Anyo's cloak), the Marksmen's cloak is semi-visible, leaving a faint silhouette (similar to the Stalkers in Killing Floor). They can shoot while cloaked, and can also be shot while cloaked. I think that would make an interesting addition to the Corpus.

@Khaos: I'd prefer if Scouts would replace regular Corpus capture targets on higher levels, with varying tiers. For example, you'd get the basic Spectra Scout starting from level 20 missions. Starting from level 30, you get Elite Scouts who can throw freezing grenades to slow you down as well, and from level 40 onwards you get Scoutmasters who can also cloak (with the Marksman's cloak style). It'd be silly to have Scouts as normal units.

didn't think of that like that version in killing floor as I played myself.  I thought more like halo sort of, but realized I am kind of getting off idea from many games have cloaking system and agree they have to be place in high lvl mission in 20-30s

Cloaked enemies should be, in my opinion, restricted to Corpus because of tech level, and Infested because of gecko like mutations. I don't think Grineer should ever have cloaks.

I'd like to see a corpus cloaked enemy with a short range, high damage directional AOE plasma weapon. Like a shotgun full of glowing blue/green hell fire.

wut you talk about?  There is so many short range corpus MOAs, Corpus proxies, the little flying thing, Stomp MOAs, and the Rail MOAs.  They most them are close range.  It just I think 1 I see so far have long range weapon, which it is the boss

I think the Grineer have enough units as it is. They now have a more unique one as well, the Hellion, who can fly and shoot barrage at you. Since they also have the Flameblades, who can teleport, I believe the best faction for a stealthy unit would be the Corpus. This can go hand-in-hand with the new tile set as well!

So far only their MOAs seem to have variety of units. For their crewmen, it's usually just their guns that change (with the Tech being able to deploy a shield drone, but that's it). Since the Corpus are obviously very advanced with their technology, with a few reverse-engineered Orokin techs, they might as well have Corpus stealth units. Taking inspiration from certain Starcraft's Ghosts and Mass Effect's Phantoms, among other things, how about new female Corpus units using Spectras?

thank you for support on corpus side which they had been little easy breaking...it feel like I was bully them too many time farming their metals. and agree seeing a female version corpus as our cloaked women...hmm I hope she look very fine lady...*cough* *Cough* back subject, I think that is good start with name specif type special enemies for corpus. remind me killing floor (-.-?) oh well doesn't make any different, we already have chick from starcraft who is cloak person and other games as well.

while infested already have the pretty freaking quiet crawlers that end up spawning in all sorts of places, it'd be cool to have some sort of stealthy infested that does something like hang on the ceiling and drop onto players (which acts as a momentary ambush stun) or purposely tries to get behind the player (perhaps ALWAYS attempt to, so a savvy player would be able to protect themselves before getting jumped due to the predictable behavior)

due to the highly specific skillset of the banshee, i think it'd be fair if sonar would blow their cover immediately

Yes I agree with that idea as well, it be the creepy version like spider man accept for I think the idea came from COD:BO 1st or either the 1st zombie game survival on COD

Edited by ChaoticEdge

wut you talk about?  There is so many short range corpus MOAs, Corpus proxies, the little flying thing, Stomp MOAs, and the Rail MOAs.  They most them are close range.  It just I think 1 I see so far have long range weapon, which it is the boss

Well, I also think MOAs need to shoot at players on sight, instead of running towards them. In fact, the stomp MOA should be the only exception to this, every other corpus unit should shoot at the maximum range they spot the enemy and make no attempts to close with the player, even to the point of running further back, as long as it's still in line of sight. Then all we need to do is give a damage absorb cap to snow globe, and things really get interesting.

Well, I also think MOAs need to shoot at players on sight, instead of running towards them. In fact, the stomp MOA should be the only exception to this, every other corpus unit should shoot at the maximum range they spot the enemy and make no attempts to close with the player, even to the point of running further back, as long as it's still in line of sight. Then all we need to do is give a damage absorb cap to snow globe, and things really get interesting.

Actually the MOAs can shoot from pretty far, especially the Railguns. It's more of an AI thing where they run pass you if you're too fast during certain missions (I say "too fast" very loosely; I mean too fast for them). In Defense, you can see from how far they STOP and shoot sometimes (compared to Grineer). I do agree with your statement though.

Also, Fusion MOAs are also like Shockwaves, needing to close in to use their laser (it's very short range).

then you able see cloaker if player have frost prime or either do like banshee, rhino's stomp, Excalibur's javelin, and who ever warframe is big and wide range is possible. Vauban is ult against corpus when facing light, med, and heavy loaders, not really great against few corpus bosses.  I had not see one great shot from corpus ever accept from rail MOA, the thing is the only one can at lest shoot a player good.

But I do agree, short range are needed for corpus.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

Actually the MOAs can shoot from pretty far, especially the Railguns. It's more of an AI thing where they run pass you if you're too fast during certain missions (I say "too fast" very loosely; I mean too fast for them). In Defense, you can see from how far they STOP and shoot sometimes (compared to Grineer). I do agree with your statement though.

Also, Fusion MOAs are also like Shockwaves, needing to close in to use their laser (it's very short range).

Wasn't even thinking about Fusion's, but yes they would be another exception. And yes, most of the range problems with Corpus seem to be A.I. based. I just like the idea of a cloaked corpus with a bright, flashy, loud, slow firing, short range, but very high damage energy cannon. Not saying cloaked snipers wouldn't be a good idea as well. :) Of course, in either case, I think they should un-cloak while firing, and then quickly fade back to their maximum cloak. 

Wasn't even thinking about Fusion's, but yes they would be another exception. And yes, most of the range problems with Corpus seem to be A.I. based. I just like the idea of a cloaked corpus with a bright, flashy, loud, slow firing, short range, but very high damage energy cannon. Not saying cloaked snipers wouldn't be a good idea as well. :) Of course, in either case, I think they should un-cloak while firing, and then quickly fade back to their maximum cloak. 

maybe later on they should have special corpus that use close range with a Tesla corals which it is fatal like taser weapons.

Edited by ChaoticEdge