Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New AMPs combos

Myscho

The meta is still 223 but the 3 is from fortuna . Gives more CC in exchange for Status chance. Personally I call it 22C3F (C being Cetus and F being Fortuna)

The T2 and T3 scafolds form fortuna have nice gimmics that are both really fun to use (tenno space program subscriptions for everyone), but that's it. They use way too much energy per shot to be worth replacing the T2 scafold. The prisms from fortuna are all useless.

The T3 fortuna scafold actually has about 1500 more void damage and 10% more crit chance than the T2 cetus one but uses up 4x energy per shot soooo yeah.

Edited by EDM774

28 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

The meta is still 223 but the 3 is from fortuna . Gives more CC in exchange for Status chance. Personally I call it 22C3F (C being Cetus and F being Fortuna)

The T2 and T3 scafolds form fortuna have nice gimmics that are both really fun to use (tenno space program subscriptions for everyone), but that's it. They use way too much energy per shot to be worth replacing the T2 scafold. The prisms from fortuna are all useless.

The T3 fortuna scafold actually has about 1500 more void damage and 10% more crit chance than the T2 cetus one but uses up 4x energy per shot soooo yeah.

In a decent team T3 fortuna amps mean you can take down the eidolons even faster, you shouldnt really care about the energy consumptions since it will go down so fast that you wont even notice.
In a perfect team shield will last  less than 2 seconds anyways so doesnt make any difference
In a bad random pug team where you will likely carry all damage, that energy consumption is just bad.

The T3 fortuna brace is worth using on any eidolon AMP, if you plan to make a new one. Imho even if gives more dps still not worth making a new 223 amp just for replacing the brace, the final result is just so slightly better

1 minute ago, JohnKable said:

In a decent team T3 fortuna amps mean you can take down the eidolons even faster, you shouldnt really care about the energy consumptions since it will go down so fast that you wont even notice.
In a perfect team shield will last  less than 2 seconds anyways so doesnt make any difference
In a bad random pug team where you will likely carry all damage, that energy consumption is just bad.

The T3 fortuna brace is worth using on any eidolon AMP, if you plan to make a new one. Imho even if gives more dps still not worth making a new 223 amp just for replacing the brace, the final result is just so slightly better

Well since I personally have finished the focus and arcane grind, eidolons are a hobby of sorts and I usually go at them solo so any little bit helps, hence why I have a 22C3F

10 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

Well since I personally have finished the focus and arcane grind, eidolons are a hobby of sorts and I usually go at them solo so any little bit helps, hence why I have a 22C3F

Same, not made the new parts yet but definitely worth it for a balanced but still very high dps build.
The T3 brace should work really well with cetus T1 Prism, increasing an already good  CC. But its always hard to compete with shwaak and its multiple hits

I think the new T3 scaffold makes alot of sense paired with the madurai passive, boosting the already top tier damage in a single shot can really help you take down the shields in a couple of shots without volt shields

sadly thats all theory. dont feel like burning myself for grinding atmo system. will get there soon or later

Edited by JohnKable

For Eidolon and Shraksun Scaffold being the only damage dealer for me, I used primary only to quickly get rid of left-over charges (mid-fight). For that Rahn prism was my first choice as it is decent in normal gameplay against L1-50, too.

The new Certus Brace (max critchance) is a must.

With that crit-chance for Shraksun goes up from 32% (Lohrin) to 40% while Rahn improves from 40% to 50% percent.

I tried the new Cantic Prism instead of Rahn and while it's looking better on paper:
Critchance 54% vs 50%
Crit Multi 2.2 vs 2.0
Damage 3x 1,460 vs 1,000

It's semi-automatic burst however, making it less effective and far less fun against moving targets.

My new favourite Eidolon Amp therefore is the old one with Certus as only replacement:
Rahn - Shraksun - Certus with Void Strike

If Eidolon is no longer a thing for (as it is for me atm) Rahn - Propa - Certus is a worth a try.

The new Propa Scaffold is just extreme fun and a good substitute for fireworks :tongue:

48 minutes ago, Myscho said:

So result is - T2 prism and scaffold from Cetus and T3 brace from Fortuna

That definitely works slightly better than previous 223. I would suggest waiting for more accurate infos (and eventual revisions) of the fortuna amps and scaffolds.

its possible that comes out some better combination. In case its likely to be a minor upgrade, depends on how bad you want to build a new amp right now

6 minutes ago, Toran said:

For Eidolon and Shraksun Scaffold being the only damage dealer for me, I used primary only to quickly get rid of left-over charges (mid-fight). For that Rahn prism was my first choice as it is decent in normal gameplay against L1-50, too.

The new Certus Brace (max critchance) is a must.

With that crit-chance for Shraksun goes up from 32% (Lohrin) to 40% while Rahn improves from 40% to 50% percent.

I tried the new Cantic Prism instead of Rahn and while it's looking better on paper:
Critchance 54% vs 50%
Crit Multi 2.2 vs 2.0
Damage 3x 1,460 vs 1,000

It's semi-automatic burst however, making it less effective and far less fun against moving targets.

My new favourite Eidolon Amp therefore is the old one with Certus as only replacement:
Rahn - Shraksun - Certus with Void Strike

If Eidolon is no longer a thing for (as it is for me atm) Rahn - Propa - Certus is a worth a try.

The new Propa Scaffold is just extreme fun and a good substitute for fireworks :tongue:

Cantic prism is not less effective at all. It’s definitely more effective even landing 1 shot every 3 (pretty bad rate)

edit: maybe it’s overexagerated 1 shot every 3. But you can miss some bullets and still be on par dps wise. Still shraksun is top tier damage wise, expecially if you can land multiple hits with the explosion

Edited by JohnKable

Gerade eben schrieb JohnKable:

Cantic prism is not less effective at all. It’s definitely more effective even landing 1 shot every 3 (pretty bad rate)

Less effective in practice as in actually using it. Tracking a moving target's head and timing your bursts (which you have to trigger every time), makes them - at least for me - less effective in overall than using the auto-fire Rahn.

Just now, Toran said:

Less effective in practice as in actually using it. Tracking a moving target's head and timing your bursts (which you have to trigger every time), makes them - at least for me - less effective in overall than using the auto-fire Rahn.

Yeh I was over exaggerating and edited accordingly. Not a fan of headshots, i stick with the CD arcane and usually I do good enough