Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Were the vents removed?

Riger82

Question

I just ran 7 survivals and 15 sabotage missions on Jupiter hunting for the square room with the vent so I can do my '3 headshots in one aim glide wearing a hobbled key', but literally the only vent i've found that allows infinite hover bouncing is the insanely high one that makes it much more difficult to pull off. And Then the enemies stopped spawning after I had to reload, so I was unable to complete it. I found the square room I remember used to have a vent, but it only had open air this time.

Were they removed? And if so, how the heck do you do the riven challenge now?

8 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

how the heck do you do the riven challenge

I find Arca Plasmor makes that one pretty easy.

Use Ivara with Prowl and Noise Arrow to corral a bunch of enemies together if needed.

There's also Pax Soar, a Kitgun Arcane seemingly designed specifically to help with that challenge lol.
Catchmoon, being basically a Secondary Arca Plasmor, should combo well with that one,
though a Crit Rattleguts (maybe also Gaze) is gonna be more than sufficient, I'd imagine.

3 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Doubt it...didn't see anything about it in the hotfixes.

Zephyr and/or aim glide mods on another frame.

I'm using zephyr and aim glides. Unfortunately, the hobbled key makes even zephyr drop like a freaking rock after only 2 or 3 seconds.

I'll try using the arca plasmore, but the catchmoon is buggy as hell and even shots that barely scrape the top of the head don't always count as headshots.

Edited by Riger82

hace 1 minuto, Riger82 dijo:

I'm using zephyr and aim glides. Unfortunately, the hobbled key makes even zephyr drop like a freaking rock after only 2 or 3 seconds.

I'll try using the arca plasmore, but the catchmoon is buggy as hell and even shots that barely scrape the top of the head don't always count as headshots.

What about the new moa with the anti gravity precept? That looked cool and made me think about this riven

Try the Arca Plasmor setup with Harrow. His first specifically traps the targets with their heads in the perfect spot for headshots, and with a little practice you can trap and headshot fairly large groups with relative ease (while also restoring shields - it's win/win 😄 )

4 minutes ago, Khromm said:

Try the Arca Plasmor setup with Harrow. His first specifically traps the targets with their heads in the perfect spot for headshots, and with a little practice you can trap and headshot fairly large groups with relative ease (while also restoring shields - it's win/win 😄 )

For the survivals I was actually trying Baruuk's aoe sleep. I even managed 2/3 with the rubico prime. But letting go of aim or even reloading starts the 0/3 back over. I can try Harrow. But I think I'll try Baruuk one more time in one of the incredibly long corpus hallways on jupiter.

Edit: I just got a 1/3 by accident by slide attacking while gliding and hitting an enemy in the head... Couldn't get a second, though.

Edited by Riger82

2 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

For the survivals I was actually trying Baruuk's aoe sleep. I even managed 2/3 with the rubico prime. But letting go of aim or even reloading starts the 0/3 back over. I can try Harrow. But I think I'll try Baruuk one more time in one of the incredibly long corpus hallways on jupiter.

Problem with most other sleep skills is that the target "sleeps" in the position they get hit in, meaning the head hitbox can be out of easy alignment. Harrows skill actually poses the target with the head fully exposed. it's an essential synergy with the rest of his kit (and technically his "preferred" sidearm, the Knell, which is only really any good if you're landing headhot after headshot, but that's a topic for another thread).

Re. weapon choice - make sure that the weapon you use has punchthrough (fairly obvious I know, but it's not been specified by yourself or another poster in this thread). Plasmor is generally good because of the innate punchthrough, and you *can* still get headshots with it. Snipers are harder to use for this challenge than you'd think due to the inaccuracy when not scoped in and the zoom level when you are scoped in; I'd suggest something like the Battacor (burst fire on automatic actually gives a decent chance of multiple headshot hits in one buttonpress) or another burst fire weapon, so long as it's got punchthrough (Battacor technically shouldn't need it for this challenge but tbh if your primary doesn't have punchthrough, you're missing out on a lot of damage against groups). The other thing to remember is that the riven just has to be present on the weapon in your loadout, so if it's a rifle riven then you can try using a decently specced secondary, so as to avoid missing out on a mod slot - you don't have to use the weapon with the riven to be unlocked to make your kills. You may have better results using a secondary that you can consistently get headshot kills with, if the riven is on your primary.

Anyhoo, good luck, and have fun 😄

1 hour ago, Khromm said:

Problem with most other sleep skills is that the target "sleeps" in the position they get hit in, meaning the head hitbox can be out of easy alignment. Harrows skill actually poses the target with the head fully exposed. it's an essential synergy with the rest of his kit (and technically his "preferred" sidearm, the Knell, which is only really any good if you're landing headhot after headshot, but that's a topic for another thread).

Re. weapon choice - make sure that the weapon you use has punchthrough (fairly obvious I know, but it's not been specified by yourself or another poster in this thread). Plasmor is generally good because of the innate punchthrough, and you *can* still get headshots with it. Snipers are harder to use for this challenge than you'd think due to the inaccuracy when not scoped in and the zoom level when you are scoped in; I'd suggest something like the Battacor (burst fire on automatic actually gives a decent chance of multiple headshot hits in one buttonpress) or another burst fire weapon, so long as it's got punchthrough (Battacor technically shouldn't need it for this challenge but tbh if your primary doesn't have punchthrough, you're missing out on a lot of damage against groups). The other thing to remember is that the riven just has to be present on the weapon in your loadout, so if it's a rifle riven then you can try using a decently specced secondary, so as to avoid missing out on a mod slot - you don't have to use the weapon with the riven to be unlocked to make your kills. You may have better results using a secondary that you can consistently get headshot kills with, if the riven is on your primary.

Anyhoo, good luck, and have fun 😄

I managed it on mars with harrow. The cramped, rocky hallways were perfect.