Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Angstrom build

(XBOX)KayAitch

Question

This weapon feels like it should be amazing - massive damage and all that, but it feels clunky and underwhelming. I have a riven for it (not a good one) but not sure what to roll for.

The damage is massive, are +dmg and +multishot worthwhile (past the mandatory 2 that go on every build)?

How much it worth sacrificing to combat that charge-up/reload mechanic?

I can max the DPS on paper easily enough, but that doesn't really matter if you're not hitting the target/blowing yourself up thanks to charged shot timing. Can anyone recommend a build that makes this gun feel usuable?

2 answers to this question

Angstrum is the best weapon to kill yourself with. Oh, no. Maybe that's Kulstar.

The numbers on paper for the weapon can be very deceiving. Though it's an AoE weapon the radius is very small and so only direct hits are going to show you those numbers. On top of that the UI damage is showing the damage for a charge attack which is all three rockets.

The Explosion is a 3m radius which is subject to radial damage fall-off so pretty much anything that is not a direct hit is going to have reduced damage if at all. The Explosion is a little more than half of it's shown damage. Again though, this is when all three rockets hit directly, which is not often.

Both Angstrum and Prisma Angstrum can be build as Crit hybrids or Crit full damage. You can use Primed Slip Mag or Primed Quick Draw to make the weapon handle better though it has a very small max ammo pool so Carrier is almost required. Either mod makes a pretty decent difference in how it handles. I guess I prefer Quick Draw.

Back in the day I used to charge attack constantly but since it's lower ammo pool was added I mostly single shot.

I have a multishot riven on mine,  I built for damage and crit, I have a total of 300% multishot on it, I find it faster and a lot more precise to just fire the thing like a semi-auto pistol.

I do charge it for carpet bombing, or, when a juggernaut, phorid or some other thing worth the tactical suicide shows up.

I do recommend trying to increase magazine size, and that way increase your damage even further. It's pretty impressive to watch.

Nyx, garuda, volt and wukong are your best bets as all of them can either shield themselves from the blast, or take it.