The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If The Tenno Are Associated With Ninja

DrRandom7

There shouldn't be an 's', either. The true plural form is just 'ninja'. But, English, you know, it likes to do stupid things.

Check out the Etymology part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja

"In English, the plural of ninja can be either unchanged as ninja, reflecting the Japanese language's lack of grammatical number, or the regular English plural ninjas."

Only thing ninja about this game is the fact that ninjas were farmers and that's all  we do. Ninjas didn't wear long colored flashy scarves, ninjas didn't use guns, ninjas were all about deception and surprise, they didn't rush into battle. If they did, they'd be called  militia.

So yeah to answer, no Tenno will never ride zebras, because their association to ninjas is just a big stretch.

Only thing ninja about this game is the fact that ninjas were farmers and that's all  we do. Ninjas didn't wear long colored flashy scarves, ninjas didn't use guns, ninjas were all about deception and surprise, they didn't rush into battle. If they did, they'd be called  militia.

So yeah to answer, no Tenno will never ride zebras, because their association to ninjas is just a big stretch.

So this whole game and it's motto is a lie?

Only thing ninja about this game is the fact that ninjas were farmers and that's all  we do. Ninjas didn't wear long colored flashy scarves, ninjas didn't use guns, ninjas were all about deception and surprise, they didn't rush into battle.

But anime and videogame ninja do. Was anyone actually expecting historically accurate space!ninja?

Come to think of it I don't think a realistic ninja has ever been in popular culture.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Your history is a bit rusty.

Story time!

Different ninja did different things. Ninjutsu is about survival and unconventional warfare. It consists of a variety of different teachings, tactics and unarmed and weapon fighting styles, including firearms and explosives. Some ninja were bodyguards, others were tasked with gathering information or spreading misinformation and open combat isn't uncommon, either. They've taken part in battles and wars, raids, captures and defenses of castles and other structures.

The Siege of Fushimi/Battle of Sekigahara, for example. Which is sosooosoosoooooooo cool, so I'm probably gonna get a little off track.

The castle was controlled by Torii Mototada, a vassal of childhood friend Tokugawa Ieyasu. Around 400 ninja of the Koga-ryu had helped Torii Mototada's garrison defend the castle long enough to allow the rest of Tokugawa's army to regroup for another fight. Some of the Koga ninja served inside the castle, while others were outside, performing raids on the attacking armies. They were horribly outnumbered and knew that keeping the castle under control was an impossibility.

Before Fushimi fell, Torii Mototada and 10 members of his garrison were left. He was almost dead and committed seppuku in battle, which is probably the most highly celebrated act of seppuku in Japanese history. Then Tokugawa came with a huge army, kicked everyone's asses, took the castle back and then formed the Tokugawa Shogunate that lasted for 268 years.

*edit* I feel like I should add this. There were two ninja clans, the Iga and the Koga. The Iga-ryu and Koga-ryu schools were the most well-known in Japan. Some time before all of the events at Fushimi and Sekigara, both clans were almost wiped out completely. Some survivors had fled to Tokugawa Ieyasu. After Tokugawa's victory, some of the Iga and Koga were employed as guards and police forces.*edit*

The floors of Fushimi castle were moved into a temple and made into a ceiling. The bloodstains remained and can still be seen to this day, along with old records identifying the blood of Torii Mototada and his soldiers.

I think there is a movie about it.

ALL THAT ASIDE. Modern forces and organizations that we have today are doing the same things that ninja did back then.

Old ninja used their share of guns and explosives, appropriate to the period. Everything evolves over time. If old ninja had access to the technology that we have now, or that the Warframe universe has, they would sure as hell take advantage of it. Taking advantage of their enemies is what they did best.

Ninjutsu includes knowledge of geography and meteorology, taking advantage of nature to form tactics to beat their enemies.

If anyone is interested, the last known record of ninja participating in open combat is the Shimabara rebellion. I had read a bit about it when I had first researched the Koga and Iga ninja and the recorded events are pretty detailed.

Edited by FatalX7

Your history is a bit rusty.

Story time!

Different ninja did different things. Ninjutsu is about survival and unconventional warfare. It consists of a variety of different teachings, tactics and unarmed and weapon fighting styles, including firearms and explosives. Some ninja were bodyguards, others were tasked with gathering information or spreading misinformation and open combat isn't uncommon, either. They've taken part in battles and wars, raids, captures and defenses of castles and other structures.

The Siege of Fushimi/Battle of Sekigahara, for example. Which is sosooosoosoooooooo cool, so I'm probably gonna get a little off track.

The castle was controlled by Torii Mototada, a vassal of childhood friend Tokugawa Ieyasu. Around 400 ninja of the Koga-ryu had helped Torii Mototada's garrison defend the castle long enough to allow the rest of Tokugawa's army to regroup for another fight. Some of the Koga ninja served inside the castle, while others were outside, performing raids on the attacking armies. They were horribly outnumbered and knew that keeping the castle under control was an impossibility.

Before Fushimi fell, Torii Mototada and 10 members of his garrison were left. He was almost dead and committed seppuku in battle, which is probably the most highly celebrated act of seppuku in Japanese history. Then Tokugawa came with a huge army, kicked everyone's asses, took the castle back and then formed the Tokugawa Shogunate that lasted for 268 years.

*edit* I feel like I should add this. There were two ninja clans, the Iga and the Koga. The Iga-ryu and Koga-ryu schools were the most well-known in Japan. Some time before all of the events at Fushimi and Sekigara, both clans were almost wiped out completely. Some survivors had fled to Tokugawa Ieyasu. After Tokugawa's victory, some of the Iga and Koga were employed as guards and police forces.*edit*

The floors of Fushimi castle were moved into a temple and made into a ceiling. The bloodstains remained and can still be seen to this day, along with old records identifying the blood of Torii Mototada and his soldiers.

I think there is a movie about it.

ALL THAT ASIDE. Modern forces and organizations that we have today are doing the same things that ninja did back then.

Old ninja used their share of guns and explosives, appropriate to the period. Everything evolves over time. If old ninja had access to the technology that we have now, or that the Warframe universe has, they would sure as hell take advantage of it. Taking advantage of their enemies is what they did best.

Ninjutsu includes knowledge of geography and meteorology, taking advantage of nature to form tactics to beat their enemies.

If anyone is interested, the last known record of ninja participating in open combat is the Shimabara rebellion. I had read a bit about it when I had first researched the Koga and Iga ninja and the recorded events are pretty detailed.

My god it's a thread about ninjas and zebras and you managed to write an essay.