The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We Supposed To Be Hyped For Primes?

NIL0S

It's not really doing it for me, I don't like the whole golden brass ornate look that Prime gear and frames bring.

I actually prefer the vanilla Excalibur to his Prime version, looks way more "slick wet work space ninja like" and less "steam punk deep sea diver-ish", Frost Prime also looks as if he was a walking tesla coil and the new Mag Prime has dental braces on its shoulders.

The real question here is, what makes Primes so special beyond the different skin and a free polarity?

Is there anything speaking against me just staying with the classic designs?

I know weapons have slightly improved stats, but in the end, with all the modability and customization options, IMO it doesn't really make that big a difference to warrant potatoing all over again.

Even less so if you're irked by the Prime looks.

Edited by NIL0S

Personally I dont really like any of the Prime aesthestics.

Which makes me sad, because they are supposed to be the best of the best so unless you want to gimp yourself, you have to look silly. Personally I find the Grineer style to be much more appealing; weapons like the Gorgon and Hek are beautiful.

I'd kill for a Grineer Warframe. i.e Grineer scientists got ahold of a unused Warframe and made their own modifications to to. So you would have, for example, Grineer Rhino.

Edited by Brimir

It's a matter of opinion. I happen to like the look of the Primes, partially because the lighting and shader engines just make those gold bits shine and reflect so  damn nicely.

Not everyone gets what they want. Prime is what the devs wanted to do, which is why we don't have "Grineer Rhino"... Which, in my opinion, would look ugly as Hell, and like he had tumours and such..

I just happen to be one of the people who likes a bit of gold trim, since I use ALT helmets on Primes because I like the stats. Basically it's a free forma, and a sweet new paint job with some gold.

Totally agree on the aesthetics, personally I prefer a simple and sleek look. So while I love me some bling, it just looks to ornamental, stuff that isn't practical when you're stalking the shadows and blitzing across a battlefield.

As far as looks go I definatly like Excalibur and Nyx the most, they're simple but got character. The new mag is just...ugh put it in a display case or something.

It's a matter of opinion. I happen to like the look of the Primes, partially because the lighting and shader engines just make those gold bits shine and reflect so  damn nicely.

Not everyone gets what they want. Prime is what the devs wanted to do, which is why we don't have "Grineer Rhino"... Which, in my opinion, would look ugly as Hell, and like he had tumours and such..

I just happen to be one of the people who likes a bit of gold trim, since I use ALT helmets on Primes because I like the stats. Basically it's a free forma, and a sweet new paint job with some gold.

Hmm grineer rhino sounds nice actually. Not that I'd want it, just nice to have the option

It would be great if all these were just alternate skins (like for weapons) you can apply to your warframe. We could have prime, grineer, corpus, wraith, whateveryoucanthinkof warframe variants.

I mean the factions have been busy with warframe research right? Could nab them and use them for our frames, more custimization and all that good stuff.

This might be a little old school, but do any of you remember the classic simpsons episode where Lisa made the Lisa Lionheart doll to compete with Malibu Stacy?  And at the end, everyone is rushing to get it, then the employees wheel out a new Malibu Stacy display, and everyone is all excited about that, and then Lisa rips one of the boxes open and says it's just the same doll they already have, then Smithers stands up and says, "But she's got a new hat!"  And then everybody runs screaming to the display and tears into it until there's nothing left, leaving poor Lisa's dolls untouched.  That's prime frames, right there.

Not a fan of Excalibur Prime but I do love Frost Prime. Without his nice little additions I focus too much on normal Frost's terrible, thick body and poor textures, in addition to the fact he's wearing a funny clown jacket. 

I hope they do revamp the Prime system though and think of something decent that compensates both sides. I don't like the standard Excali either. The poor bland textures irritate me as well. 

HD texture pack please. I'd definitely pay for that.

Edited by Naith

dont they also have a slight increase in one stat? like excal prim has slightly higher shield regen then excal

No, primes just have the Orokin ornamental look and different polarity than their regular counter-parts, nothing else.

And yes, they sorta biffed it on Mag Primes look, she looks stupid and literally has dental braces while also having that deep sea diver look. Frost Prime is the best looking one of the primes so far, but I still pick original Frost because he has better detail on his jacket or whatever it is.

So I'm not ready for Mag Prime because I don't care about it, I'm just waiting for the evil Nekros.

Edited by __Kanade__

Which makes me sad, because they are supposed to be the best of the best so unless you want to gimp yourself, you have to look silly. Personally I find the Grineer style to be much more appealing; weapons like the Gorgon and Hek are beautiful.

I'd kill for a Grineer Warframe. i.e Grineer scientists got ahold of a unused Warframe and made their own modifications to to. So you would have, for example, Grineer Rhino.

Anyone else hyped for a Sawman Prime or is it just me?

barely anything on primes except golden parts and a different helmet, gorgon looks like poop and hek looks like a water pump e_e

although that grineer warframe sounds awesome, it might even have integrated weapons that are used as skills

Well actually the Primes can recharge their Energy at certain spots in the Orokin Void, too.

It's really not that special or worth noting but could be included in the description for primes actually mentioning they can receive energy for touching special orbs in the void.

Edited by __Kanade__