The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng: Every Update Means Each Mod Is Harder To Acquire

Jamescell

DE mentioned in the teaser, that there are to be around twenty new mods, dropping in U10. This is exciting, but also a little bit of a letdown. What adding more mods also means, is that the rare mods that are crucial for fusing become even more rare.

My solution?

System specific, maybe even mission specific mods would allow for more purposeful, and strategic game-play when farming up, while playing certain missions Tenno could additionally acquire desired mods, without copies of undesirable counterparts.

IE: You play Pluto, and only certain missions drop certain mods.

Edited by Jamescell

With every update that introduces more mods I lose a tiny bit of the hope I still have for finally finding a Split Chamber.

Your suggestion sounds nice but it would open the question of what mods go where? Some mods are vital to progressing through the game and are considered the best, so would they go on the later missions/systems where it would be incredibly hard for someone without that mod in the first place to get or would they go in earlier drop pools where those new players could get them easily?

DE mentioned in the teaser, that there are to be around twenty new mods, dropping in U10. This is exciting, but also a little bit of a letdown. What adding more mods also means, is that the rare mods that are crucial for fusing become even more rare.

My solution?

System specific, maybe even mission specific mods would allow for more purposeful, and strategic game-play when farming up, while playing certain missions Tenno could additionally acquire desired mods, without copies of undesirable counterparts.

IE: You play Pluto, and only certain missions drop certain mods.

it's already done, if I'm not mistaken. not for every system, but per-enemy drop table.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94177-drop-tables-20/

All I want is something to replace my Sniper Scavenger....Seriosuly...Anything.

that's aura.... wait for alert....

I completely understand and agree with the problem. The thing is, with your solution, players who haven't progressed to every planet won't be able to aquire certain mods. That's fine for us who have hit end game, but what about new players trying to find some rare mods? 

As someone mentioned above, this has already been done. The issue is not that mods are not dropped with sufficient specificity, but rather that we have absolutely no way to know which unit drops what. We're in desperate need of some datamining, or even just having the developers take pity on us and publish the full table.

Honestly, just publishing those tables would add tons of value to the game, since you'd need to work out which mission the level/type of the enemy you want is in, then run around hunting them.

As someone mentioned above, this has already been done. The issue is not that mods are not dropped with sufficient specificity, but rather that we have absolutely no way to know which unit drops what. We're in desperate need of some datamining, or even just having the developers take pity on us and publish the full table.

Honestly, just publishing those tables would add tons of value to the game, since you'd need to work out which mission the level/type of the enemy you want is in, then run around hunting them.

I'll start recording my findings.  I should have done this anyway when the community dataminer quit.  I'll start a thread this weekend when I'm getting some serious playtime in.

Aren't drops faction based?

That's kind of the point of this. Drop 2.0 changed things from faction based to individual unit based. Essentially each unit has a different drop table now, which is skewed by unit level.

Put more simply, the task you suggested for yourself is monumental.

Edited by TemetNosce

That's kind of the point of this. Drop 2.0 changed things from faction based to individual unit based. Essentially each unit has a different drop table now, which is skewed by unit level.

Put more simply, the task you suggested for yourself is monumental.

Well then, F*** if I know!

how about we do this together? we collect mods from various enemies (we can use video record, so we can replay the video again to make sure who drop what mods), and share the data here to be processed. then we combine  the data. more data from everyone, more accurate we can determine which enemies drop the mods we want.

let's make this an unofficial community event :D

of course, we can just wait DE to give us the drop table. but where's the fun in that :D

Edited by agung.up

I was pondering this, actually. It would be time consuming, but I think it could be done.  Honestly, I will probably start cataloguing what I get, anyway.  I'll keep things by relative level and what I think dropped what mod.  It wont be an exact list, but, hey, it's better than nothing.  It'll at least be a nice guide for people to realize that they can get x mod on y planet.

Project set to begin this weekend.  I welcome any help.

I'll start recording my findings.  I should have done this anyway when the community dataminer quit.  I'll start a thread this weekend when I'm getting some serious playtime in.

I'm pretty sure he mentioned he got bored, if update 10 is what it's cracked up to be he may come back.

In the meantime there is already the start of a data log on reddit. Contact the OP and you can combine efforts. I might start writing stuff down and give you a hand.

• 2 weeks later...