Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It All Whent Wrong

Akateko

So a friend, that had for the elebentymillionth time had heard me talk about Warframe.

Said "So show it to me" and i proceeded to do so with my Ash, but everything that could go wrong did.

First run on Sargas Ruk the game bugged out and i got stuck, second run i got detected as soon as i opend the first door after dropping from the vent.

Then i took a wrong turn after trying to evade a ton of Grineer, cause i had low health. Ofcorse they found me and i got killed.

Back in the game after a revive, i turn a corner and met a bunch of them buggers. Luckily i had enough energy to use the number 4, my friend is impressed and asks me to use the Akbolto.

Cause i had told him about nailing Grineer to walls, i shouldn't have listened. Now i have to use the smoke bomb alot cause it seems the Grineer knew i ran with the Akbolto and had a friend watching.

Cause now they really swarmed like angry bees, low on health and energy i finally reach the boss. After a fight way longer than i usually i have against Ruk, i have to extract. Which almost whent as bad as getting in.

Had this been an action movie Ash would have crawled,bleeding,coughing into extraction. But still managed to say something clever and witty before leaving.

The result after all this: My friend likes the minigame (hacking), the skills. The guns where fun and if it hadn't been an MMO he would have jumped at it, and sadly i did not get Embers System..

Moral of the story, i am not as bad &#! ninja as i think i am when friends are watching

I can relate to this. Everytime (okay maybe not) my brother watches me playing Warframe, there's always something to crash the party.

That must be because you felt observed, dunno. :P

Maybe , cause once he left the next run whent smooth

It's not an MMO.

It's got some RPG elements but it's really not.

Had the game been on his present consols then maby he would have picked it up, but now in his eyes it's an MMO

It doesn't qualify as an MMO to me when you can only play in 4-man teams. The RPG elements comes from crafting, modifying and improving your weapons and Frames, but that's really it.

Exactly what i tell anyone else who says this is an MMO. Any game where the max is 4 players simply can't be considered an MMO. If this is an MMO, So is every other game that can be played online. I have a major psychotic hatred of MMOs....mostly due to the communities wrapped around them. Warframe is a huge difference.

http://www.digitalextremes.com/games/warframe

I think they answered the question for us :)

MMO-Lite contradicts itself. It's a light version of a massive multiplayer online game? Just.. call it a co-op shooter, or something? Because that's what it is. A co-op shooter. Four players is not a massive amount of players all playing the game in a single large environment.

I agree with you, but since you can meet a lot of players in dojo, then you must admit that you have a MMO-Interface somehow. The game itself is not really "Massive", it's just multiplayer. That's why MMO-Lite sounds kind of coherent.

But the Dojo isnt needed for casual gameplay. Its just a side-area that we can use. No missions happen there, its not any kind of Commerce area, you dont have quests to turn in, and other than dueling, you cant have much of any interaction with the people in your dojo. Now if this is where you got missions, or actually had interactions, it MIGHT be an MMO Interface. The big problem here is that now, just like in music, Genres are so blurred that they really dont make any sense. If you truly believe that Nickelback can be played on a Classic Rock station, then you can call this an MMO. (Yes, i've heard that, several times)

You're 30yo man, you probably remember the first generations of MMORPG when co-op games were ALL about finding teammates and go in co-op missions with 6 maybe 8 guys max. No more, and the only places where you could find a massive number of players were the towns, the small cities, the camps etc. If out of those places, you were alone or with 6-8 players max. Was that what you call massive? And we were already talking about MMORPG.

The difference is that those MMO interfaces, in another word "towns", were hosted by the game server. But what was the purpose of those places? Trading OK, but mainly to find teammates and go in Co-op. Well, big news, dojo are made for this purpose too. The towns are called dojo, the only difference is that it is private, and that Warframe doesn't have a dedicated server to host players.

Edited by matto

You're 30yo man, you probably remember the first generations of MMORPG when co-op games were ALL about finding teammates and go in co-op missions with 6 maybe 8 guys max. No more, and the only places where you could find a massive number of players were the towns, the small cities, the camps etc. If out of those places, you were alone or with 6-8 players max. Was that what you call massive? And we were already talking about MMORPG.

The difference is that those MMO interfaces, in another word "towns", were hosted by the game server. But what was the purpose of those places? Trading OK, but mainly to find teammates and go in Co-op. Well, big news, dojo are made for this purpose too. The towns are called dojo, the only difference is that it is private, and that Warframe doesn't have a dedicated server to host players.

You go into your Dojo to find a team?

Have you ever heard of Clan Chat? Region Chat? Recruiting Chat? Going into your Dojo to find a team is literally the worst way to do it.

I don't belong to any clan, I'm a lone wolf.

When they came with this idea of dojo, it was supposed to become the main interface of Warframe somehow.

But I got your point, chat is way easier. Except if you belong to a massive clan.

Anyway, don't call it a MMO, I must say that I don't really care. This is not really my business. Was just trying to show a point.

I don't belong to any clan, I'm a lone wolf.

When they came with this idea of dojo, it was supposed to become the main interface of Warframe somehow.

But I got your point, chat is way easier. Except if you belong to a massive clan.

Anyway, don't call it a MMO, I must say that I don't really care. This is not really my business. Was just trying to show a point.

+21 points for your intelligence and apathy. Nice way to derail a stupid online argument before it really gets started :)