Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

account question after a long hiatus

BRT_LovesSushi

Question

Hey Tenno,

Quick question - I'm a Warframe PC player these days, but I first started the game back on ps4 shortly after the console launched and there wasn't much else to play. I played for a few months and ultimately moved on, but now I'm playing on PC, loving the game updates having a great time, so I think to myself... maybe I should reinstall Warframe on my ps4 just because, so I do - I download the game again, do the updates and log into my old ps4 account - everything seems to work, but in the top left corner of my stats screen it says something to the effect of ACCOUNT PROBABLY STOLEN! Which is odd because it's the same PSN account, nothing's changed except the system itself, (my original one died) even the plat I left behind is still there... I didn't stay long, but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and what they did to fix it, I've heard a fair amount of horror stories of people losing their accounts over weird stuff like this and while I understand it's been several years since my ps4 account was active, the fact that launching with my original credentials didn't expressly signal that I was legit is troubling. To be clear, I don't plan on going back to the ps4 version for full-time play, but I wouldn't mind having it there for fun every once in a while.

Anyone else experience this? Is there a safer way to leave Warframe and come back??

3 answers to this question

I suggest Contacting Support about the issue.

When an account that has been inactive for a very long time suddenly goes active again with a different IP address and/or Hardware ID (such as a different, previously unused PC or Console), this could indicate possible theft of the account or account credentials. Chances are your account was automatically flagged for suspicious activity as a precautionary measure.

• Like 1

thanks, that was going to be my next move, just wasn't sure if there was maybe a timer or something attached that would remove the note after a set period of time... now that you mention it though, I have moved my residence and ISP since I made the initial account... didn't even consider that. thanks again.

38 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

I suggest Contacting Support about the issue.

When an account that has been inactive for a very long time suddenly goes active again with a different IP address and/or Hardware ID (such as a different, previously unused PC or Console), this could indicate possible theft of the account or account credentials. Chances are your account was automatically flagged for suspicious activity as a precautionary measure.

Just out of curiosity, since I've never heard of this feature... Does the flag actually do anything? Like preventing trades to mitigate potential damages to the account?