The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Weapons Should Have More Freedom

Cinderain

Firstly I agree with the mod statement, that's the justification I gave myself.

But secondly, while the idea is conceptually cool, mechanically it's actually quite difficult. How do you make two different fire rate weapons shoot? If I take a semi auto and a full auto weapon how does that work? What happens if i decide to just use dual acrids? How would ammo work for each weapon? What about reloading? Further, for melee weapons what about two weapons that use different grips?

I like this idea.

At the same time though, it makes dual weapons incredibly overpowered. If we can equip them individually, that means we can mod them individually as well. Pistols are already considerably more overpowered than primary weapons in the game. Additionally, certain weapons will have to be omitted from dual-use(ie. Despair, Lex).

Edited by DBugII

I like this idea.

At the same time though, it makes dual weapons incredibly overpowered. If we can equip them individually, that means we can mod them individually as well. Pistols are already considerably more overpowered than primary weapons in the game. Additionally, certain weapons will have to be omitted from dual-use(ie. Despair, Lex).

As has been stated on the previous page, there would have to be restrictions.

Firstly I agree with the mod statement, that's the justification I gave myself.

But secondly, while the idea is conceptually cool, mechanically it's actually quite difficult. How do you make two different fire rate weapons shoot? If I take a semi auto and a full auto weapon how does that work? What happens if i decide to just use dual acrids? How would ammo work for each weapon? What about reloading? Further, for melee weapons what about two weapons that use different grips?

As has been stated on the previous page, it would take work, models and animations would have to be tweaked and there would need to be restrictions. Animations for dual combinations would be based on whatever the main weapon is. Ammo and reloading would still work as they would normally/individually, duh.

But I'm not gonna rack my brain about any of that because I never intended to! Haha!

Edited by FatalX7

Nah, akimbo pistols should still exist. You can't just hold two guns, because they're both right-handed and eject the shells out of the right. If you held a right-handed gun in your left hand, you'd just hurt yourself as sharp bullet shells are burst into your face. Also, only one catalyst and set of mods are needed for two guns. The foundry needs twelve hours to make one of the guns left handed and allow one catalyst to be used for two guns.

Dual melees, though? I agree with that.

Edited by AlchemistMute

Exactly. It baffles me why a Tenno, masters of the gun and sword, must spend 12 hours to learn how to put one pistol in his left hand and the other in his right. Space ninja logic.

Always assumed the time was merging the two separate weapons into one so they'd share affinity and mods (otherwise you would need to mod both pistols.)