The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Weapons Should Have More Freedom

Cinderain

No 'Dual Weapon' blueprints.

Want to use two Vastos? Just craft two of them and equip them both. Or maybe a Vasto and a Lex? Then equip both of them!

Dual Skana? Equip two individual Skana. A Skana and a Zoren? Dark Sword and a Heat Dagger? Go for it!

The hands should be interchangeable. Skana in right hand and Dark Sword in left hand? Or how about Skana in left and Dark Sword in right? Or maybe you're left handed in real life like me and want your Warframe to use a single sword or pistol with their left hand? Do it!

They can all be individually equipped and unequipped. Use what you want, how you want!

This is what I want for Christmas, DE. Make it happen and put a bow on it.

Edited by FatalX7

The only issue I see is that DE may want to keep dual weaponry for their updates, so they can earn via the store for them. So they might ignore this based on that...

Aside from that, this is an simple and  excellent QOL, and game enhancing idea idea. 

Edited by Zakalwe

This would be good also but this is a minor thing for major fixes but this idea very likely for me. Hope DE like too.

The UI and Warframe models would have to be updated a bit. The attack animations for dual melee weapons would be based on the weapon in your main hand. It would be easiest for the Main Hand to be a default Right Hand.

But we've got weapons that don't have single variants, like the Zoren and Cleavers. These would only be available for dual combinations, unless DE really wanted to make single variants.

Like VScipil26 mentions above, dual Acrids... There might have to be a few restrictions to avoid anything... like that.

This system would only be for secondaries and light melee weapons. (no dual Grams, sry)

Edited by FatalX7

No 'Dual Weapon' blueprints.

Want to use two Vastos? Just craft two of them and equip them both. Or maybe a Vasto and a Lex? Then equip both of them!

Dual Skana? Equip two individual Skana. A Skana and a Zoren? Dark Sword and a Heat Dagger? Go for it!

The hands should be interchangeable. Skana in right hand and Dark Sword in left hand? Or how about Skana in left and Dark Sword in right? Or maybe you're left handed in real life like me and want your Warframe to use a single sword or pistol with their left hand? Do it!

They can all be individually equipped and unequipped. Use what you want, how you want!

This is what I want for Christmas, DE. Make it happen and put a bow on it.

Preferrably a crossbow

while i agree with OP and think this would be a neat idea

it requires two things that currently have not been done

a complete rework of weapon design and damage stats and ammunition (to make singles as viable as duals, and mixed combo duals not OP, as well as making sure that two-handed weapons are not left in the dark, it would also probably need an incentive to "match" duals to have some reason to dual wield matching weapons)

also a complete rework of how weapons and gear are listed/equipped/ranked (to allow for anything 1-handed to be dual wielded and intermixed)

I was never one for being held back by the trappings of realism in games, but the very idea of needing time and resources to craft something that is essentially just holding two of the same thing just kinda tips me beyond that minimum level of acceptance. It's somewhat less a suspension of disbelief issue as it's ALSO tapping into a player annoyance factor. It may hit the level of willful ignorance if it weren't so unnecessarily costly.

But of course, it'd be better to simply not have to enter into that entire thought process to begin with. And that is the main point really, that most people crafting this thing DO wonder why they have to go through such lengths simply to hold two of the SAME thing in each hand.

while i agree with OP and think this would be a neat idea

it requires two things that currently have not been done

a complete rework of weapon design and damage stats and ammunition (to make singles as viable as duals, and mixed combo duals not OP, as well as making sure that two-handed weapons are not left in the dark, it would also probably need an incentive to "match" duals to have some reason to dual wield matching weapons)

also a complete rework of how weapons and gear are listed/equipped/ranked (to allow for anything 1-handed to be dual wielded and intermixed)

Yes, it would require work and changes. This is just a fun idea that popped into my head and I threw it into it's own thread to see what would happen!

I don't expect anything to come of it, but I'm glad that people like the concept.

What's wrong with the already system?

It's illogical and incredibly shallow. Even if it never sees any changes, I'm sure a lot of people can agree with this statement.

Edited by FatalX7