Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Desecrate Shouldn't Drop Mods And Resources

DeadlyNerd

But this works strictly for corpes that actually remain. A lot of abilities and certains weapons completely destroy the body or turn it into millions of pieces. What if the ability doesn't work for those bodies that got desintegrated? The ability is balanced as is unless everyone wants to turn off their ice, fire, lasers, etc etc etc.

Anyone can equip Nekros.

Right, let me equip dat Nekros on my Ash then...

We don't even now what rate itll be so lets try it out first

It dropped from basically the first kill in the video. Drop rate is obviously the same as from normal kills.

But this works strictly for corpes that actually remain. A lot of abilities and certains weapons completely destroy the body or turn it into millions of pieces. What if the ability doesn't work for those bodies that got desintegrated? The ability is balanced as is unless everyone wants to turn off their ice, fire, lasers, etc etc etc.

Nova doesn't disintegrate enemies, and has the strongest AoE ultimate. 2 Novas 2 Nekros anyone?

There's really no way to justify mods dropping from the usage of an ability. I could just as well ask for mods to start dropping from each target Bladestorm kills.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

I would assume that Enemies that dissolve/get blown to pieces are actually still there, where they dropped their items. Just that they aren't, you know, visible.

We'll see how it works.

As for the OP and his belief that it shouldn't help in getting more drops...

*smacks with Orthos' backside, then looks at crowd*

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

*returns to seat and waiting for patch*

You very statement negates itself. If you join a game with a bunch of Nekro then you all are generating more loot for the entire group.

Also loot is obtainable by all not just the person who killed the enemy. Nekros's Desecrate benefits all in the party. If you're not in the party how can you complain?

Joining a game with a bunch of Nekros is the problem, though.  It's placing emphasis on the farming.  Additionally, the video makes it appear as though Desecrate destroys the corpse, so only one Nekros will get to use its Desecrate.  This is good for the balance of the skill, but it makes having multiple Nekros even worse, both from my point of view where Desecrate shouldn't generate mods/loot in the first place (since I now have more Nekros in my group instead of DPS/Tanking/what-have-you), and your point of view where it should (in which case the other Nekros aren't able to use Desecrate at all, as the corpse has already been used).

Actually now that I think about it, this could be a great support ability since it allows enemies to drop life orbs, which they can't currently do. The energy doesn't hurt either.

As for your topic I agree with whoever said that this puts emphasis on the fact that this is "grind frame" and makes people focus on the loot and not the gameplay. However, people already focus almost exclusively on the loot rather than the gameplay anyway, but that's more of a gameplay issue rather than an issue with desecrate in my opinion.

I would put forward that the 'aid in combat' translates to an aid in loot.

If I'm farming for something with invested for example, I'll often use something with a nice AOE should as Ember and Nova. Fast mass kills, in short time = faster looting.

How? You wont be able to use that loot straight away and you'll still be able to loot everything after everything is dead.

Spawning mods and resources is also actually working against you in combat because you'll need to collect them afterwards.

... ... ... not sure if trolling or oblivious to how putting those two things together is such a contradiction...

Maybe they do maybe they don't, haven't been around a Nova long enough, and haven't been playing in the past few weeks, to see/remember if those explosions just kill or disintegrate.
Just take snipetron vandals and you have the same situation practically.
Edited by DeadlyNerd

Video my dear clueless Grand Master, video. I though you were informed about these things before us non premium peasants.

Nah man no need to talk like that. I'm far from clueless. I'm saying you haven't even played him yet and you want to nerf him already.

I don't know where you get off on doing the class war thing here, but the master vs free player wars are long gone. No need to bring that kind of bull$hit into any discussion here.

I put whatever I put in to support the game not for status or to know anything a hour or two before it's leaked to everyone else.

I may sound crazy here, and rather premature, but what I saw on the Nekros video shouldn't be happening. It's ok if he spawns more energy/life orbs and ammo, but resources and mods shouldn't be dropped.

This is saying : "Yeah, you can farm with your Excalibur, but take Nekros if you want way more loot."

Abilities should only aid in combat, not loot.

says who 

Really? Its literally in the name.

WAR-frame.

Joining a game with a bunch of Nekros is the problem, though.  It's placing emphasis on the farming.  Additionally, the video makes it appear as though Desecrate destroys the corpse, so only one Nekros will get to use its Desecrate.  This is good for the balance of the skill, but it makes having multiple Nekros even worse, both from my point of view where Desecrate shouldn't generate mods/loot in the first place (since I now have more Nekros in my group instead of DPS/Tanking/what-have-you), and your point of view where it should (in which case the other Nekros aren't able to use Desecrate at all, as the corpse has already been used).

You fight hundreds of enemies per mission. Why are speaking as if mutliple Nekros are going to be fighting over using their 3rd pwr on the same corpse. 

Plus the extra loot is available to all players!!

Nah man no need to talk like that. I'm far from clueless. I'm saying you haven't even played him yet and you want to nerf him already.

I don't know where you get off on doing the class war thing here, but the master vs free player wars are long gone. No need to bring that kind of bull$hit into any discussion here.

I put whatever I put in to support the game not for status or to know anything a hour or two before it's leaked to everyone else.

it sounds more like someone was jealous that you have money you can use to support your hobby.

anyways, find a popcorn gif and wait about 1-2 days after the update. itll get plenty of use.

I disagree. Why NOT branch out? I like the way DE works. It's less "Let's try this one thing over here and see what happens. How the community reacts." and more "What would happen if I accidentally-on-purpose the whole system?" *pushes the big red button*.

I'm anxiously waiting to see what else comes in to play, branching out to loot seems like a good place to start and just that. A starting point for additional awesome.

At this rate they will be adding sentinels that help you pick up loot, oops. Seriously, getting butthurt becasue one ability in the entire game will not be combat or support focused and will actually make farming mods easier?

Wait, you're justifying this cause you can't farm with other frames? Irony... is... strong...can't... handle it.

I have seen what he does in a video, a presentation of what the frame can do. That's good enough.
Edited by DeadlyNerd

It begins.

Anyways, it's not like it gives loot from people that are still alive, you still have to -kill- them for it to actually do anything.

And it's a skill that has no use anywhere else, it has no other effect.

Soooo, FTFY, if you don't like it don't use it, etc.

It begins.

Anyways, it's not like it gives loot from people that are still alive, you still have to -kill- them for it to actually do anything.

And it's a skill that has no use anywhere else, it has no other effect.

Soooo, FTFY, if you don't like it don't use it, etc.

Take orthos.

Start infested endless.

Profit?!

Your reasoning is immature and belongs to CoD and WoW.(YES I'm talking about the last sentence)

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Take orthos.

Start infested endless.

Profit?!

Your reasoning is immature and belongs to CoD and WoW.(YES I'm talking about the last sentence)

Yeah but so what if you get an extra 5 magazine warps or ammo drums in a mission. It's still probably based on the same loot drop table. Plus all players will get to pick up the mods. So it's no like the Nekros player is at some kind of advantage. I really don't see this ability constantly giving out rare cores and mods. To be honest you can walk out of a Grineer mobile defense with something like 30-40 mods each run 10-15 mins. A few more mods isn't going to break the game. But hey that's my thinking and you're entitled to yours as well. Edited by sushidubya