Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE this is a step in the right direction but please listen to the veterans of the game

(PSN)Deadwood_Lane

1 minute ago, (XB1)ZenithLord 42 said:

You’re preaching to the choir, Tenno! 

The choir needs to start preaching too. Too many people just accept that the game isn't going to change the way they want it. Or hope without acting.

If you want to see something in the game, VOICE IT and get others who are like minded to voice it with you.

thats the only way we can get this through to them, because DE is actually super stubborn.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VenomousValentine said:

The choir needs to start preaching too. Too many people just accept that the game isn't going to change the way they want it. Or hope without acting.

If you want to see something in the game, VOICE IT and get others who are like minded to voice it with you.

thats the only way we can get this through to them, because DE is actually super stubborn.

You’re correct! 

I have been... 

For years. 

Voicing concerns has never been the problem, nor has recognition of such concerns. 

DE doesn’t have the staff to do everything they could, but I always give them the benefit of the doubt because of their passion and transparency. Number of staff aside though, and I will have to second you on DE’s tendency to lock themselves into a rut on a concept that leaves them unable to conceive or accept other ideas. 

Although, I will have to applaud them for their originality in designs even if some of the overall execution when it comes to gameplay is lacking. 

27 minutes ago, (XB1)ZenithLord 42 said:

You’re correct! 

I have been... 

For years. 

Voicing concerns has never been the problem, nor has recognition of such concerns. 

DE doesn’t have the staff to do everything they could, but I always give them the benefit of the doubt because of their passion and transparency. Number of staff aside though, and I will have to second you on DE’s tendency to lock themselves into a rut on a concept that leaves them unable to conceive or accept other ideas. 

Although, I will have to applaud them for their originality in designs even if some of the overall execution when it comes to gameplay is lacking. 

DE doesn't have the staff because they don't want it. They have well more than enough money to hire more developers but they won't. 

They say it's because it would impede the "Family structure" of the dev team, but I think that's a cop out. I think they don't hire more people so they have the excuse to claim "Small indie company" or the greed of not having to pay more developers, or both.

So not having the people to keep their own game functional is a S#&$ty excuse, because there is no excuse.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VenomousValentine said:

Yea man this, maybe I dont' have the best ideas but I am trying to get some focus on endgame but the problem might be everyones ideas about a different endgame.

I have quite a different view on endgame myself but I feel since Veterans and high skilled players have asked for higher level content my idea is that you should add a separate tile for endgame for high level enemies and yea others have mentioned separation from new and endgame players, I think they should be more separated make new players strive for that endgame.
Btw imo that endgame tile should be customable so that you could maybe chose which resources you want to farm for and what unique resources you could get from said missions. Unique resources would be anything from new orbiters  landing craft and maybe a God Engine for Rivens which lets you chose best reroll for a riven, something unqieu so you could customize riven to prefered setting. This would only be on that end tile set though and maybe that end tileseft should start at MR22-23. I am Mr20 myself. 😄

Edited by (PS4)Deadwood_Lane

And also lol u know once you have hit that MR25 you should no longer be a Master, you should be a Sensei. Aren't we ninjas after all? Remove that MR25 or above and replace with Sensei1 and add that to Sensei5 rank which could be the highest title in game. 😄 Could be cool imo.

Another idea of mine is also make some Warframes more customizable, we have aldready seen in in the operator where you can mix some armor sets. I think I have 3 different sets on my operator and I would like to do so with my Warframes too. Make them more unique to my personal taste and style. 🙂

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Deadwood_Lane said:

Yea man this, maybe I dont' have the best ideas but I am trying to get some focus on endgame but the problem might be everyones ideas about a different endgame.

I have quite a different view on endgame myself but I feel since Veterans and high skilled players have asked for higher level content my idea is that you should add a separate tile for endgame for high level enemies and yea others have mentioned separation from new and endgame players, I think they should be more separated make new players strive for that endgame.
Btw imo that endgame tile should be customable so that you could maybe chose which resources you want to farm for and what unique resources you could get from said missions. Unique resources would be anything from new orbiters  landing craft and maybe a God Engine for Rivens which lets you chose best reroll for a riven, something unqieu so you could customize riven to prefered setting. This would only be on that end tile set though and maybe that end tileseft should start at MR22-23. I am Mr20 myself. 😄

I'm mr27 myself and I personally think it's fine everyone has different views of end game. As long as those two words are hammered against DEs head as a constant,  SOMETHING will happen. Maybe it's not exactly what any of us asked for but as long as something happens we'll get there. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VenomousValentine said:

DE doesn't have the staff because they don't want it. They have well more than enough money to hire more developers but they won't. 

They say it's because it would impede the "Family structure" of the dev team, but I think that's a cop out. I think they don't hire more people so they have the excuse to claim "Small indie company" or the greed of not having to pay more developers, or both.

So not having the people to keep their own game functional is a S#&$ty excuse, because there is no excuse.

Very true, I’m glad you touched on this. DE loves to drag their feet simply because as the company currently functions the devs still have almost complete control over their product. While something can be said for remaining in control of your product, a certain level of in-house peripheral direction is lost and you begin to insulate yourself against solutions that could help to grow your IP in order to protect your game’s identity. 

At this juncture, DE simply doesn’t know how to handle their success. DE also is afraid that any change in house may have detrimental consequences for Warframe’s continued existence. Coming off the coattails of 2018, now is certainly the time to implement some new, dare I say “radical” strategies such as hiring more staff. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

Mind numbingly shooting at barely moving targets isnt stimulating to me.

You're still shooting? You must be new here 😉

On topic: with the current state of PvE I don't think it's possible to put in an "endgame" that will be anything better than Eidolons, Orbs or Arbitrations. I mean, they're ok.

Although Steve hinted they're going to try and fix some of the mechanics at least in one of the new additions (was it Railjack or that Saturn stuff? I forgot). So wait and see, I guess.

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

You're still shooting? You must be new here 😉

On topic: with the current state of PvE I don't think it's possible to put in an "endgame" that will be anything better than Eidolons, Orbs or Arbitrations. I mean, they're ok.

Although Steve hinted they're going to try and fix some of the mechanics at least in one of the new additions (was it Railjack or that Saturn stuff? I forgot). So wait and see, I guess.

I'm a long time vet and an end game player. If you're doing endurance runs and using kill abilities besides equinox and saryn you're doing it wrong.

1 minute ago, VenomousValentine said:

I'm a long time vet and an end game player. If you're doing endurance runs and using kill abilities besides equinox and saryn you're doing it wrong.

Implying I didn't notice that silver star? 😄

Then I guess I'm glad I'm doing it wrong. Or rather, I stopped doing endurance runs that go into camp territory a long time ago, anyway.