Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

bullet casings bouncing sfx

Ragingwasabi

many guns in warframe do eject bullet casings that fall to the floor. its quite disappointing they dont have any sfx.

can we please get sfx added for them?

even if they are the same sfx for an entire category of guns eg shotguns, snipers and assault rifles. as long as the sfx are high quality and have good variation per shot i think it would be amazing.

we r missing quite a lot of the experience, pumping our corinths only to have the shell drop to the floor in silence 😞

magazines dropping to the floor are also silent

In the spirit of Warframe optimization, low or medium quality, varied sounds, might be more pleasing and immersive (please tell me someone get's that reference), so I guess it's something that needs to be weighed by the community.

Personally, I'd rather have some low (I'm talking, idk, 96kbps?) quality sounds, with different variations, than one high quality sound slapped onto each bullet casing drop.

However, maybe the majority want different.

edit: oh yeah, great idea btw, I would love this ingame

Edited by IllogicalLogic420

25 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

In the spirit of Warframe optimization, low or medium quality, varied sounds, might be more pleasing and immersive (please tell me someone get's that reference), so I guess it's something that needs to be weighed by the community.

Personally, I'd rather have some low (I'm talking, idk, 96kbps?) quality sounds, with different variations, than one high quality sound slapped onto each bullet casing drop.

However, maybe the majority want different.

edit: oh yeah, great idea btw, I would love this ingame

i was actually asking for both. high quality and also a set of varations. but we can use the same set for an entire category of guns. like shotguns can have 1 set of sfx, machine guns another set, snipers another set. since going thru every gun to give them unique sfx would be a bit insane.

i dont think high quality sounds implemented reasonably will tank performance by any noticeable amount

Edited by Ragingwasabi

That should only work on "Hard" surfaces.    Because dirt, grass, snow and such will muffle these.    Also, remember that lots of guns do not use classic mechanic

Guns that actually use classic cartridge ammunition and need to eject anything are not that common.

Primaries (excluding revolver type):

Braton, Strun, Corinth, Tigris (P), Vectis. 

Secondaries (excluding revolver type):

Furis, Lex (P), Lato(?) and their dual variants, Euphona P.

Thats it.   Rest of them do not seem to be using Classic cartridge ammo.   Soma, Aksomati and some other guns Move their emptied casings along with the magazine. No need to eject.

Edited by Kainosh