The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's fourth and channeling abilities

Jed_i

It would be a nice change to have her fourth ability changed to duration based, it can act similarly to her one. In which you can hold it down to charge it thus activating the double damage mode with less range. This allows more freedom for players to choose between Dmg and CC, whilst still having players active as it wouldn't last as long as her old four being channelled for one to go to the bathroom or have a meal before energy ran out. I feel like this can be applied to many different abilities, so feel free to suggest more changes such as this one. They made this sort of rework on Nezha's one and it seemed to be quite the success.

The main problem with that sort of change is that it needs to be an incredibly short duration, which would ruin the frame even further, or it would just bring the afk Ember issue back.

The reason Nezha got that change was so that he could continue to gain energy with his abilities active as all toggle abilities prevent most forms of energy regen. Letting Ember generate energy during WoF would risk us going back to why Ember got her last WoF changes in the first place.

imo fixing Ember requires a rework either to her or to heat status.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

It would still be an appalling failure.  Rework heat damage, and a lot of her issues are solved.  Until then, Ember will stay collecting dust in my arsenal next to Titania.

I'm surprised to hear so many say this. I agree that Ember scales very poorly but for the star chart she absolutely destroys it without needing to stop for more than a second for elite packs. I agree that she can be dramatically improved but she still crushes alerts better than other Warframes.

The only exception is Equinox using a Maim power strength build for low level enemies as the range is greater. Mesa is great but still needs line of sight. Saryn struggles clearing low density packs efficiently. Rhino has way too long of a Stomp animation. So when it comes to speed clears and not having to stop moving, Ember is still great up to a point but that covers most of the star chart.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Ember is still great up to a point but that covers most of the star chart.

And this is the main issue many have with her.  Why does she have to be limited to just star chart cleanup detail when her primary purpose is presented as a DPS frame?  I seriously cannot think of another damage frame who is as limited in their damage capabilities as Ember.

The fact that she was adjusted to not allow players to turn their brains off while playing her at low levels (which I was all for), and yet not given anything to provide her with tools for higher end levels is a very bizarre oversight to say the very least.

I'm not even a fan of the frame, but DE dropped the ball on Ember.  Period.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

And this is the main issue many have with her.  Why does she have to be limited to just star chart cleanup detail when her primary purpose is presented as a DPS frame?  I seriously cannot think of another damage frame who is as limited in their damage capabilities as Ember.

The fact that she was adjusted to not allow players to turn their brains off while playing her at low levels (which I was all for), and yet not given anything to provide her with tools for higher end levels is a very bizarre oversight to say the very least.

I'm not even a fan of the frame, but DE dropped the ball on Ember.  Period.

Again, I completely agree. I was just noting that she still has a purpose for most players. Once you get to specialized, high-level content however, she becomes bottom 5 for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OH_GOD_NOTTHISGUY said:

So sexy .  And elegant.  Shiny and gorgeous.

This pisses me off, at least if she was ugly I couldn't even bother to notice her, but she looks so nice.

She is half of day Equinox. 

Sadly, being able to nuke the star chart is the situational equivalent of having 2 cc with an area smaller than what a Saryn can nuke.

Coincidentally, the only two prime frames I don't have.