Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10 U.i. Feedback

EclecticDragon

1. The new set of stats do not display elemental damage stats or other miscellaneous stats, it would be heavily appreciated if you got around to that.

2. It's easy to slip into the above weapon's sub menu when sliding the mouse over to the equip tab. I'd suggest making the buttons arrow far more flatter.

3. It's a small thing but do you think you could change 'equip' to 'swap' or 'switch', Equip does not make much sense, since your already have something equipped most of the time. Also changing 'Upgrade' to 'modify' would be a good change.

4. Allow us to veiw weapon stats while modding.

5. the current stats field is to small making it hard to notice sometimes.

6. When it comes to the foundry I think it would be best if you brought back how it would brightly light up when it's ready to build other wise it's hard to quickly know what is ready with out having to go though the ready to build tab.

7. Another small thing I'd like to have is the ability to double click on a warframe or weapon to be able to switch it quickly.

Edited by EclecticDragon

1) Weapon mods screen doesn't show which mods are already in use by Sentinel/Warframe weapon. Just glow-tint the mods that are already in use by the other unit from what you're arming orange, and Bob's your uncle.
2) Warframe/Sentinel/Weapon mod screens need to lose the pages. The general Mods screen has a perfectly nice scroll, the specific Mod screens need to be redesigned to make room for a similar, if shorter, scrollable version of this. Push the framework up, take up 3-4 rows of mod icon space with the mods.

3) Organize the in-mission UI better. By default the chat box, the Team Status slideout, AND Lotus are all on top of each other, and Lotus has this tendency to want to stay showing (and yakking) for what seems like 30 seconds a pop. It's nice that we can mute her, now she needs to get out of the way of what I actually want to see.

Edited by CloseToFar

new player here, 1st post on the forums.

1st of all, the new UI looks really cool.

2. It's easy to slip into the above weapon's sub menu when sliding the mouse over to the equip tab. I'd suggest making the buttons arrow far more flatter.

this was the 2nd thing i noticed on the new UI. it feels like the "hitbox" of the buttons are a bit off. also, the new equip, upgrade and appearance buttons are tiny and hard to click, espacially since they are now hidden in a sub-menu.

7. Another small thing I'd like to have is the ability to double click on a warframe or weapon to be able to switch it quickly.

+1

shortcuts for upgrade and appearance would be great as well.

suggestion: double-click = equip, right-click = upgrade, middle-click = appearance.

2) Warframe/Sentinel/Weapon mod screens need to lose the pages. The general Mods screen has a perfectly nice scroll, the specific Mod screens need to be redesigned to make room for a similar, if shorter, scrollable version of this. Push the framework up, take up 3-4 rows of mod icon space with the mods.

+9001

huge useability boost. i don't mind the single row, but mouse whell scrolling is essential here.

i'd also like to see duplicated mods sorted by rank, and exact duplicates (i.e. same mod, same rank) grouped into a single "card" with a number displaying how many copies you have.

also, please give us a way to quickly uninstall mods without having to drag them to an empty slot on the mod list (e.g. dbl-click on an installed mod to uninstall it).

3) Organize the in-mission UI better. By default the chat box, the Team Status slideout, AND Lotus are all on top of each other, and Lotus has this tendency to want to stay showing (and yakking) for what seems like 30 seconds a pop. It's nice that we can mute her, now she needs to get out of the way of what I actually want to see.

as a new player this made the game feel a bit... cheap, or unpolished. suggestion: leave chat on center-left, move lotus/boss messages to top-left ( a bit lower than the radar), move player list to bottom left and make it appear automatically when there is more than 1 player in the mission.

OT: great game, lots of fun, nice community, frequent updates and devs who seem to actually care about the players. gonna buy some platinum to support the game :)

I agree with MDRLOz, would make more sense to move the "equip" sub menu item to clicking the main item, ie click my warframe, get a selection of my frames to pick from.

It's weird that clicking them doesn't do anything now.

Edited by KriLL3

New UI is fine for.gamepad , for mouse is bad and uncomfortable.But apparently all menus will be processed for gamepad ,  PC gamers do not deserve normal UI for mouse.

Continues be irritating when apply mod and brings me back to the top menu.

No sense to see weapons i dont have , in Equip menu.

My biggest gripe about the Arsenal UI is the 'zooming' in on every highlighted weapon. The character spins and the camera shifts so fast back and forth as i make new selections that its a little disorienting. Its bad enough the weapons get 'highlighted' with a wire-frame-looking animation every time you mouse over them, which just serves to remind me that my character is in fact a hollow lifeless digital rendering, but with the camera jumping all over it makes the game feel light-weight and cheap. That can't be what DE had in mind when designing the new sleek UI. 

1 - bring upper interface bar back to arsenal. Its like top priority bar in all interface, dont hide it!

2 - bring weapon/frame EXP lines back! Now lots of info for any weapon but no more EXP bar, it has no logic.

3 - "dropdowns" with appearance, equip and that last one are pixel hunting, its often switch weapon instead of choosing in dropdown. 

4 - no use for "main" buttons, will be better if it opens equip menu.

5 - why we have this scary dead grineer screen-size face?! Its frustrating while you start the game!

I am mostly disliking how any selling items, or building or claiming items in the foundry returns us to the top of the page.  It's just not useful to always return to the top.

The previous UI may not have been as open to the use of some new features, but it worked, and this new ui does not feel comfortable or efficient.  Any activity on the menus or when dealing with equipping items is much more difficult now.

All good points EclecticDragon.

These are the issues I have found with the new Arsenal

1- Under the Appearance page It is unclear at first glance what is the actual button for changing your colours etc. and It doesn't follow the same style of buttons as the rest of the UI which is inconsistent.

2- We have loadouts now which is awesome, except for the fact that the button is just a letter A,B or C. The button is huge compared to the single letter that inhabits it, looks like plenty of space for the word "loadout 1" or something a bit more explanatory.

3- This may  be a good thing but their isn't an entire gear set loadout. You have 3 loadouts for everything Warframe, Warframe Colour , Sentinal, Sentinal colour, Sential gun, Sential gun colour, Primary, Primary Colour, Secondary, Secondary Colour, melee, melee colour, but no way to link any of them together or a complete loudout for everthing all at once. PS. thank you for the loadouts DE.

4- The inventory needs a show all button like the mods and foundry have.

5- You can no longer access the top button bar with the foundry and market etc. when you are in the arsenal. It makes the Arsenal feel wierdly claustrophobic (but that might just be me). Also you can still access the button bar from within the older sections of the sub menu, which is probably a left over but it's nicer than feeling locked out of it.

6- you still can't access chat from the Arsenal.

7-  I don't see a way to compare the currently equipped weapon to the one I am selecting (but that might just be me).

8- We have a market place, the purchase of items has no place in our equip screen.

Edit:

9- we still don't have a way to exit straight to desktop without logging out first. (not an arsenal issue but it bugs me all the same)

Edited by Drasiel