Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Stamina System Is Garbage

syle

I don't get any of you. I just joined in with my ash and it barely feels any worse WITHOUT ANY MODS. What's wrong with all of you, haven't you heard about stamina mods? Is it that hard to finally have something fresh in your warframe mods? Aren't you sick of constant focus/flow/ES/continuity bullS#&$?

DE doesn't test stuff internally. They just launch they S#&$  on people, they think OB tag is an excuse for these lousy  "balance" builds.

To be fair, we ARE beta testers.

That said, we have just tested it and given our statement on the changes. i.e. New Stamina Blows Big TIme.

I'm wholly disappointed with the mindset that "hey, we want stamina to be important! Let's make stamina just as tedious as our grindfest!"

I don't get any of you. I just joined in with my ash and it barely feels any worse WITHOUT ANY MODS. What's wrong with all of you, haven't you heard about stamina mods? Is it that hard to finally have something fresh in your warframe mods? Aren't you sick of constant focus/flow/ES/continuity bullS#&$?

it's frame dependent. I don't have Ash but Volt is usable with mods and Trinity is unplayable. I'd imagine Rhino is awful too.

Don't make assumptions, I always had Quick Rest equipped because I liked going fast and I've never gotten Focus to drop anyways. Now even with it on, it's significantly worse than it was with it off.

edit: not to mention I don't even have any other stamina-focused mods like Marathon. I know it's hard to believe but there are new players out there who do not have every mod in the game, and they aren't going to want to put up with walking everywhere slowly.

Edited by Mupod

They have just killed Loki cause his main advantage was game-highest speed which was exactly the best for invisible rush in spy/raid/sabotage missions. Loki has no armor, lowest HP and now he is... slow...

sweet.

He's still the fastest and he's still the best for those missions. It didn't change that at all.

The new system makes my rhino feel like it is pulling a train behind it.

Oh oh DE does not want people to rush?

I don't care!

The movement system i a big part of why this game feels felt good: Because it is was awesome to walljump sprint slide and do all sorts of crazy stuff.

Now my superawesome spaceninjasuit gets outrun by a turtle.

And no i'm not "one of those evil rushers!!" . I'm just a simple guy who took his rhino out for a derelict key, thought "I#ll put master thief in in case i need to unlock something, i'll swap stamina out" and felt like uninstalling after one run cause it feels absolutely horrible.

Edited by Gloris

This change doesn't make stanima feel any more meaningful, only the game more bulky.

Even if you're not "rushing" this has a huge impact on the game. Before this update you could run to the next room and your stanima would fill all the way back up while you were killing the enemies. Now you run to the next room, kill the enemies, and start running again with barely any stanima recovered and end up walking. It ruins the pace of the combat, having to constantly walk around while staring at your stanima bar.

Actually, it is very good, although it does slow down the play.

It pretty much killed all of the rushers though, wich is a 5-star decision in my books.

Edit: how about trying to use those stamina mods now? They just might've gotten themselves a place in the game after all.

I think the thing that killed the rushers was the need to slow down and look for Nav Coordinates.

I will never understand why people are against "rushing." Speed is the main draw of the game, and is necessary for the grind that constitutes half of the game. I don't want to spend 10 minutes on one mission, having to stop every five seconds because my Space Ninja has all the speed and stamina of an obese person. I don't want to spend 3 hours farming one boss because the one part that I need won't drop and I have to spend so much time getting to and back from the boss. I don't want to play a generic third person shooter where the combat is constituted by popping out of cover every so often.

I think the thing that killed the rushers was the need to slow down and look for Nav Coordinates.

I liked rushing for it being way more efficient for most the gameplay. I'm fine with not being able to rush due to Nav Coordinates/rushing being less efficient. With that being said, I can safely say that they screwed this one up. Played a couple of missions (Kappa, Xini... you know, the usual suspects.) and it felt bad.

Edited by 101blubb

Being able to move as a respectable speed has nothing to do with "rushing" (it's called a speed run, why is everyone who plays this game such a giant fan of making up stupid words. "potato". Seriously?). The only direction I want to go is towards my enemies throats. The problem is I have to slowly jog to get there. It's terrible. 

As for "Lol just use mods", do you understand that I need 3 mods for running, 4 for abilities, and then 2-3 for shielding? In DE's attempt to make stamina mods more meaningful they simultaneously invalidated every other mod in the game. That is such terrible game design that it is appalling. 

"Lol my ash is still fine" shut the hell up. 

Combining all of the freerunning with helicoptering and combat successfully was challenging and the most rewarding aspect of the game. It was more rewarding than min/maxing, more rewarding than finishing grinding out weapons, and doing this with a group of people was an experience unequalled in any other game I've played.

You're attempting to eliminate something that needs to be perfected.

Yuuuuuup. It just amazes me that DE doesn't seem to recognize or understand what makes their game great.

DE doesn't test stuff internally. They just launch they S#&$  on people, they think OB tag is an excuse for these lousy  "balance" builds.

of course they don´t test stuff internally! we are the ones that are gonna test the game. if we don´t like it, let´s just say it on the forums and they will change it back. no big deal

DE: If you want to play it this way, you need to drop the "Space Ninjas" theme. It's already so broken...

Stealth:

When is the last time you saw someone stealth a whole mission? How is the reward for stealthing a whole mission in any way comparable to the money, the items, the XP that you get from just killing everything between point A and point B? How is it worth the time? There are no secret passages to follow to avoid enemies, there is little to no ability to get in enemy blind-spots, etc, without just taking Loki and Shade and having a slow slog. Try that with four pubbies and see how long it lasts. I give it 30 3 seconds before it reverts to "Kill 'em all!"

Speed / Stamina:

This is where it used to be. If you can't do it quietly, do it so fast that they can't get organized. Also I know the ships and stations are supposed to be huge, but we do not want to spend an hour wandering our way through procedurally integrated tilesets for one freaking mission. I'm not seeing the payoff, there. You need to add lots more variety of stuff to do if you want us to be happy with going slow, otherwise it's just uninteractive set dressings. Think Void missions, but moreso. Give us secrets to explore, or stop messing with our ability to flip out and kill people with acrobatics and swording. You're going to have to crank the number of dudes back, or dispense with this stupidity of "this weapon only hits one dude at a time even though I'm swinging in an arc, hurr-hurr!" if you want us to go slower, be less agile (stamina, remember), but still pile gobs of Grineer on us. 

It's not "space ninjas", it's "space samurai". The play styles that work prove this out. Get it right.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/105829-stamina-changes-awful-suggestion-for-improvement/

Edited by CloseToFar

Rushers are not faster because of stamina. They go directly from point A to B. If you sit behind a box just killing whatever spawns barely making progress as you farm every canister, its not really going to change anything. It extends the play time for everyone. Not by much, just feels like forever and makes it more clunky.

I don't know. The game doesn't feel much different than before.

I'm running Rhino with Vanguard helmet, Rush and Quick Recovery.

Regeneration delay is noticable but not detrimental to my playstyle, which is sprint into cover, shoot everything, sprint to hiding enemies, melee them.

Wallrunning works just as good as before.

AFAIK you have the same amount of stamina and stamina regen.

It's just those 2 seconds regen delay that will kill you if you try to ignore the enemy completely.

You know real ninja would use cover to hide from time to time. I see no detriment in incorporating the use of cover into your rushing strategy.

You can still rush, you just have to time it well and pay attention to the enemies positioning.

I don't know. The game doesn't feel much different than before.

I'm running Rhino with Vanguard helmet, Rush and Quick Recovery.

Regeneration delay is noticable but not detrimental to my playstyle, which is sprint into cover, shoot everything, sprint to hiding enemies, melee them.

Wallrunning works just as good as before.

AFAIK you have the same amount of stamina and stamina regen.

It's just those 2 seconds regen delay that will kill you if you try to ignore the enemy completely.

You know real ninja would use cover to hide from time to time. I see no detriment in incorporating the use of cover into your rushing strategy.

You can still rush, you just have to time it well and pay attention to the enemies positioning.

Not everyone wants to or can have 3 sprint-supporting boosts to feel like they did before the patch. Also, there's not nearly enough stealth for them to be ninjas, they're space samurai.

Edited by CloseToFar

My stamina runs out twice as fast now. Its like they pitied the amount of use of the stamina add/recover mods and decided to alter the game in its favour :s I hate it. Pls change it to the way it was before,

Edited by kubbi

No big deal? lol, it's incredibly lazy that they don't have any QA. Playtest your goddamn game, DE. A tester would have taken 5 minutes playing with the new changes and said, "this is @(*()$ awful what are you thinking"

first, some players like the stamina systema, so a play tester wouldn´t have said "this is awfull" in a second. second, they don´t have a QA because now they are indie devs, they don´t have the money to get a QA, and if they had a QA then this would end up being a call of duty clone, because the play testers would be 12 year old males.

second, i know that most people think that open bata is the same as a released game, but it´s not! when you installed the game, you agreed to test this game and that everything of it is subject to change. TEST. THE. GAME. and if you don´t like something, tell them to change it and why, but do it so as an adult, not as some spoled brat crying shouting that he wants candy.