Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

#helpthefarmers

angias

Was kind of a joke to begin with.

This is sort of a QOL subject.

The way player aquire ressource is simple but how effective is it to tell where to get them for new player and casual.

-Duh we have the wiki: The wiki is not very used by those kind of player and is more a tool to optimise your gameplay or expand your knowledge outside of your game session time. 

On the regular star chart a players has no way to know the ressources of each planet unless they unlock all node on it or go search on the wiki.

My sugestion is to send an automated message to the player upon completing his first or second junction, suggesting them to complete every node on the planet and informing them of the avantage it unlock.

I would like to hear what you think could help new and casual player becoming proper farmer.

I don't think mod or specific bp should be addressed since it does not affect a player progression.

Once a player grow enough it will eventually go to the wiki in order to optimise his game session.

à l’instant, aswitz87 a dit :

Wait you can’t see what resources it has without unlocking all nodes?  They should just change that so it shows the resources.

Tks for the suggestion.

I prefer that the player earn this knowledge.

But this is still better than the player not knowing they can earn it.

Actually you can see what resources a planet has, simply by hovering your mouse over the resource extractor logo in the bottom right of the screen, when you are in the star chart. If you haven't unlocked all the nodes it will just tell you that you can't deploy a resource extractor.

BTW does anyone actually use these? I did once, but never bothered again afterwards.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

I've never in my life used a resource extractor, but if you're into rare resources, all the forma components can come from a linear Earth-Mars-Ceres-Jupiter playthrough, with maybe two Ceres and Earth runs each, worst-case scenario. Derelict drops both neurodes and orokin remote control batteries.

• Like 1

il y a 14 minutes, Plushy a dit :

All the important information on the wiki should probably just be in the codex. Come across something that needs something new? "Check the codex" should be the the answer instead of "check the wiki". 

Meh, my Idea of earning the knowledge is kinda pointless now because the wiki exist.

So yeah, we should do that.

I also don't like disconnected economy.

Cetus then Fortuna, having a separate economy make it feel like a big investment.

The way it is done, even if i like it, is kinda lame. Everywhere else the grind take place un doing specific mission, you are still playing and the ressources will come eventually.

In orb vallis and the plains you have to stop whatever you are doing in order to grind those gem and fish.

Moving from grinding while playing to grinding is the game.

I don't want them to change that but i suggest to not do it on every content bomb they will drop.

Talking about content bomb, they are nice, but they comme with many new ressources at the same time wich will be tedious if you focus on clearing new content. (New and casual will do that has soon has they can) New and casual will feel unfairly limited compared to older/experienced player.

Edited by angias

11 minutes ago, angias said:

I also don't like disconnected economy.

Cetus then Fortuna, having a separate economy make it feel like a big investment.

The way it is done, even if i like it, is kinda lame. Everywhere else the grind take place un doing specific mission, you are still playing and the ressources will come eventually.

In orb vallis and the plains you have to stop whatever you are doing in order to grind those gem and fish.

Moving from grinding while playing to grinding is the game.

I don't want them to change that but i suggest to not do it on every content bomb they will drop.

Talking about content bomb, they are nice, but they comme with many new ressources at the same time wich will be tedious if you focus on clearing new content. (New and casual will do that has soon has they can) New and cusual will feel unfairly limited compared to older/experienced player.

To be quite frank, it's a good idea. Interweaving resources from cetus and fortuna for certain objects or blueprints would be hellish since it would require hopping between worlds if you forgot something, while at the same time the steepness of the cetus economy which wasn't fixed after fortuna came out would spill over into fortuna, whose economy was specifically designed to remedy that. Why they left the plains and konzu to be such stinges with wisps is still a mystery to me, because fortuna (as much as i could play of it at least) feels pretty lax, while cetus remains a horrific grind-gulag.