Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why isn't there an option for a dedicated slide button on consoles?

(PSN)Wanderkrowe

I'm a relatively new player, been playing for about a month or so, currently at MR 11 and I'm starting to get a better grasp at the game as a whole.

I've managed to get used to everything in the game but this just bugs me. The only option we have for sliding is the "Crouch, Slide and Roll" which we have to hold whatever button down we chose to assign to it. This makes slide attacking very inefficient on consoles since we have to hold a button down and then attack which majorly delays our ability to spin to win. There is a "Sprint/Roll" option and there is a dedicated crouch option in "Toggle Crouch". There is literally no need for slide to be forced to share a button with these two actions. Having a dedicated slide option would allow us to speed up console slide attacking since we could just simply press the button instead of having to hold it down.

I can't be the first person to realize this so I have no choice but to think there must be some underlying reason why this isn't a thing yet but I simply can't see it.

2 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Uhm,  even on pc the controls are a lil iffy so its not just consoles.  Theres a reason people made macros to do things like bulletjump and slide attack,  im just lucky i have side buttons on my mouse to map crouch and roll to else id never get anywhere

Whether PC has the same controls or not is kinda besides the point. What I proposed is an extremely simple solution to an issue I have seen many people talk about, namely, spin attacking on consoles. Of course it wouldn't be enough to emulate what you guys are doing on PC but it would be a tremendous QoL improvement.