Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't pause in Orb Vallis/Plains of Eidolon

Poisonjack

The title says it all, pretty much.

Whenever I enter the Plains or the Orb in Solo mode, I am unable to pause the game by hitting Escape as is done in every other instance of Solo play. The menu opens up, but the bullets keep flying and you keep getting hit.

Despite posting this under the Bugs section, I have a few suspicions that this may be intended, due to de synchronization of the solo player to the day/night and hot/cold cycles(Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis, respectively) present in those areas.

But then again, despite that, this is a very annoying feature for me, which adds nothing to the gameplay experience, only hindering it.

22 hours ago, CazadorDeWulf said:

This is because there is a time mechanic. Time must pass because you're on a server that registers a day/night cycle. Pausing would disrupt/interrupt all activity on the server related to this cycle, potentially causing crashes if a player AFKs too long. Hope you understand.

I am aware of this fact, as stated here:

On 2019-02-04 at 1:07 AM, Poisonjack said:

I have a few suspicions that this may be intended, due to de synchronization of the solo player to the day/night and hot/cold cycles(Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis, respectively) present in those areas.

But I believe that, while those cycles are server-sided, enemy behavior and anything else that happens in the game are NOT. An easy solution to this would be make it so that when you pause the game, everything stops EXCEPT those cycles.

• 1 month later...
On 2019-02-05 at 7:22 AM, Poisonjack said:

But I believe that, while those cycles are server-sided, enemy behavior and anything else that happens in the game are NOT. An easy solution to this would be make it so that when you pause the game, everything stops EXCEPT those cycles.

This. I play solo a lot, and sometimes at a place where I have to often pause the game to attend to other matters, but sadly this is not the case for Plains/Orb Vallis. I'm pretty sure its very much possible to keep the time cycles ticking when the game is paused, while the game is paused. Although It probably would be harder for plains since, for instance, if you pause during an eidolon fight, go afk for a while, and then return when it's already daytime serverside, it would create some problems...

I'm not sure if this is possible... Still, would be a very welcome feature.