Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE: BRING BACK OLD EVENTS & REWARDS

Zeoran

I started playing Warframe when it first came out over 5 years ago. But it didn't really work for me then so I didn't stay long.  My son got me back into the game late last year and I've been pouring hundreds of hours into it ever since.  One of the things I love about the game is being able to mod the warframes and weapons to the style of gameplay that I prefer or just need in a given moment/situation.  But something that has been CONSISTENTLY holding me back in many areas is the fact that some of the KEY mods that I need to really make my warframes/weapons shine/sing are ones that were rewards from events that happened YEARS ago and that now sell for HUNDREDS of plat on the market, even at rank 0.  Especially mods like the 60/60 mods.  Both the rifle mod and the melee mod for electricity are out of my reach unless I have over 350 plat lying around I have nothing better to do with.  And as an unemployed single parent, I don't have the money for that kind of plat.  I've done my best to earn plat on the market by going rift hunting for prime parts.  But the simple fact is, it would be a FAR better solution to bring back the old events.  You have TONS of new players in the game that never experienced those events and therefore didn't have a chance at the rewards.  So please DE, BRING THEM BACK.  And for those that already did play that event and already have the reward, put in a veiled riven for them so it's still worth their while.  Either way, you've got more than enough NEW players that you need to be thinking about and those of us who are new are stuck now either doing without these mods (that many would consider vital) or paying through the nose to get them.  Neither of those solutions is appropriately taking care of your player base. 

60/60 electricity mods come from Baro Ki'teer periodically. I am all for bringing back past rewards in their respective fashion (if Primed Chamber comes back via an event, only 100 players on each platform should earn it to respect its introduction). Badges should be earned again, but aside from the Tethra's Doom Quantum Emblem, they should revamp all the plain white emblems into unique, colorful, and eventful emblems.

I would be interested in old events to have a way to fill gaps between new content updates and to allow players to achieve profile scores.

3 hours ago, Zeoran said:

KEY mods that I need to really make my warframes/weapons shine/sing are ones that were rewards from events that happened YEARS ago

60/60 mods are either in the game or routinely show up through Baro, like @Voltage said and, besides them, what do you think you need from old events?

3 hours ago, Zeoran said:

Either way, you've got more than enough NEW players that you need to be thinking about

Please, explain DE's business to them more. Really cements you as a player they want to keep around.

3 часа назад, Zeoran сказал:

I've done my best to earn plat on the market by going rift hunting for prime parts.

Try Vault runs. Prices for some mods from here have never been as good as now. And you don't even need to search for squad because of new feature to carry more than a single dragon key. You can do them solo with 4 keys on you, or with your son while carrying 2 keys each. Very comfortable.

Speaking of prime parts: sell the sets, not just parts.

Also, if your account that old, you might be having a bunch of old relics which are now vaulted. Check which vaulted stuff you can drop, check the prices, you'll be surprised I think. Tho, there's the Vaulted Relic Burners discord server, people here are matchmaking to do vaulted relics only, I highly recommend it, because it's better to do a vaulted relic share than just waste it in common random squad.

@PeterC3: Baro isn't a great option for bringing back mods that came with events that happened years ago.  Baro is rare enough as it is and he barely brings 1 really good mod each time as it is.  Unless you're implying that he should start offering 2-4 rare mods with each trip, then that's not a great option. As far as your 2nd comment...I don't have a reply. I wasn't condescending in my statement, so I don't know where your condescension is coming from.

@Zanoza-chan: I've done more vault runs than I can count.  I learned quickly that I could run Capture and even Sabotage solo very easily with my Limbo Prime even with all 4 keys equipped. But I've also noticed in the dozens of runs I've made, that they mod rewards tend to be static. I tended to get the same reward from the same mission type. And the last set of runs I did, I'd swear that the key required seemed to almost be tied to the time of day.  I did a Capture, then Sabotage then Mobile Defense mission, consecutively, and the key required was the same for each.  It was either tied to the time of day or REALLY coincidental. And while I could spend days/weeks selling prime parts to afford 150-200 plat for a single mod, I never argued that I couldn't.  The point of my thread was to remind DE that they have a lot of new and returning players and we weren't around when all those events came through, so we missed out on the chance for those rewards.  And bringing back old events seems like something that should be fairly easy for them to do that would benefit new/returning players while not taking a lot of time/energy from them to implement as they work on Railjack and The New War.

1 hour ago, Zeoran said:

@PeterC3: Baro isn't a great option for bringing back mods that came with events that happened years ago.  Baro is rare enough as it is and he barely brings 1 really good mod each time as it is.  Unless you're implying that he should start offering 2-4 rare mods with each trip, then that's not a great option. As far as your 2nd comment...I don't have a reply. I wasn't condescending in my statement, so I don't know where your condescension is coming from.

Baro comes every 2 weeks. New things are occasionally added, but it's generally things he's had before.

You stated DE has enough new players. The condescension started with you, I merely responded in kind.

• Like 1

forever, every game i;ve played with seasonal events i end up dropping or not playing it, temporary events and festivities in games are a huge turnoff for me bevause they get put away for next year, or are removed after a month, players usually mis out on them and their great rewards, for example the assasins that were recently found were pretty cool, if i were to keep that in the game, i would have let those guys appear like the assasins in missions, had them appear in couples or duo against players, stationed them in many of the games areas, pvp, fortuna, not just random places where they will die guaranteed, and then increased the loot and compensator for willing players who challenge them, i seen some cool stuff, the juggeranought for example is predictable and chancey, and doesnt have that many good rewards, and only appear during the infested missions, so i'd be good to just randomly fight juggeranought in the plains of eidolon at night, in the caves, or if he was like the reapers and cowboys of resident evil who break through walls and give players a large scare, dropping various blueprints and melee weapons, swords and confetti, removing its central weakness and giving it different powers based on where he appears and his possee, maybe he could enfeeble the battle ground like oberon and nidus, etc.

17 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Baro comes every 2 weeks. New things are occasionally added, but it's generally things he's had before.

You stated DE has enough new players. The condescension started with you, I merely responded in kind.

yeah baro takes too long and leave too quickly, for one as a new player i was confused and unable to ever get any of his loot when i first found him ihad no interest or knew what each of the items did or how to obtain them, honestly the relic proccess is easy but it need some reworking, and baros goods should spread to other missions, bounties, and junction/codex replays in the future, this way players get credit for doing what they like doing, helping otehr players, playing lunaro or pve, etc.

19 hours ago, Zeoran said:

@Zanoza-chan: I've done more vault runs than I can count.  I learned quickly that I could run Capture and even Sabotage solo very easily with my Limbo Prime even with all 4 keys equipped. But I've also noticed in the dozens of runs I've made, that they mod rewards tend to be static. I tended to get the same reward from the same mission type. And the last set of runs I did, I'd swear that the key required seemed to almost be tied to the time of day.  I did a Capture, then Sabotage then Mobile Defense mission, consecutively, and the key required was the same for each.  It was either tied to the time of day or REALLY coincidental. And while I could spend days/weeks selling prime parts to afford 150-200 plat for a single mod, I never argued that I couldn't.  The point of my thread was to remind DE that they have a lot of new and returning players and we weren't around when all those events came through, so we missed out on the chance for those rewards.  And bringing back old events seems like something that should be fairly easy for them to do that would benefit new/returning players while not taking a lot of time/energy from them to implement as they work on Railjack and The New War.

what are the keys for anyways. i've played months with them equiped for a while and i realized then that my health and dying rate was really high, for new players these things arent obvious, i only put them on my gear slot because i play rpg  games before the fact, so am stupid and though there was a door to open that required them, also i know some riven i found required me to equip one but i gave that one to a good friend of mine, so now am like what are the key for without rivens. Also baro and all the relays should get a rework, the syndicate areas, missions and rewards are like a trap, and disgusting, not just that but lenghty, there are parts for archwing trapped behind this concept and other modes like pvp, lunaro ignored tha talso have confusing rewards, i would add rewards for lunaro and pvp for operators, archwing and syndicate things if given the chance to cetus and relays as well, just saying.

On 2019-02-06 at 10:16 PM, Zeoran said:

I started playing Warframe when it first came out over 5 years ago. But it didn't really work for me then so I didn't stay long.  My son got me back into the game late last year and I've been pouring hundreds of hours into it ever since.  One of the things I love about the game is being able to mod the warframes and weapons to the style of gameplay that I prefer or just need in a given moment/situation.  But something that has been CONSISTENTLY holding me back in many areas is the fact that some of the KEY mods that I need to really make my warframes/weapons shine/sing are ones that were rewards from events that happened YEARS ago and that now sell for HUNDREDS of plat on the market, even at rank 0.  Especially mods like the 60/60 mods.  Both the rifle mod and the melee mod for electricity are out of my reach unless I have over 350 plat lying around I have nothing better to do with.  And as an unemployed single parent, I don't have the money for that kind of plat.  I've done my best to earn plat on the market by going rift hunting for prime parts.  But the simple fact is, it would be a FAR better solution to bring back the old events.  You have TONS of new players in the game that never experienced those events and therefore didn't have a chance at the rewards.  So please DE, BRING THEM BACK.  And for those that already did play that event and already have the reward, put in a veiled riven for them so it's still worth their while.  Either way, you've got more than enough NEW players that you need to be thinking about and those of us who are new are stuck now either doing without these mods (that many would consider vital) or paying through the nose to get them.  Neither of those solutions is appropriately taking care of your player base. 

yeah, it woudl be fun to just have baro or one of his/her subbordinates NPC permanently in cetus running two shops: one with older things like you said from the past events, and another with more current things from last week, and area related mods, archwing and lunaro/pvp things for players to focus on, the players could trade standing, fish, and plains items as well as scripts or resources. The relays would need another simular bunch of npc that advertise lunaro, pvp, and k-drives, before the kitguns make it mainstream at least i woiuld want that much, pvp alerts,quickmatch, lunaro competitions/syndicate missions and seasonal events, shops belong in relays and cities. before they become lost legends.

@Peterc3: My comment about DE having new players was NOT condescending.  If you took it that way, it says more about you than me.  

My point was simple.  WIth the Fortuna update, along with new console players, DE has a lot of new players that have recently been brought into Warframe.  With those same things, they also have a lot of returning players.  And for key mods/items to be locked behind events that happened YEARS ago is ridiculous.  I shouldn't be denied a vital mod or item because I wasn't playing the game 3 years ago.  And it seemed like a win/win in my opinion.  I honestly don't believe it would take a lot of effort on DE's part to reinstitute those events and doing so would fill the void between their larger updates. (Railjack/New War) while also giving their new/returning players a chance to get their hands on vital mods/items.  I have yet to hear a reasonable argument against this idea.