Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Market. And Why, In Its Current State, Will Be Warframe's Downfall.

Luminati07

tl;dr - Too bad. Read the thread, it's an important issue.

Just logged in to update 10 for the first time.

This is the first thing that came to mind.

Come on, DE!

WTF is going on with your market pricing??

It's getting worse, and worse. There's a reason the business model is called F2P with microtransactions.

Let's take a look at the more recent content.

Weapons

Grakata - 125 Platinum

Hind - 225 Platinum

Soma - 265 Platinum   <---- ARE YOU KIDDING?

Sobek - 225 Platinum

Vulkar - 225 Platinum

Paris - 225 Platinum

Miter - 225 Platinum

Vasto - 190 Platinum

Kunai - 175 Platinum

Hikou - 225 Platinum

Ether Scythe - 230 Platinum

Glaive - 150 Platinum

Kestrel - 150 Platinum

Warframes

Ash - 375 Platinum

Vauban - 300 Platinum

Saryn - 225 Platinum

Banshee - 225 Platinum

Nekros - 375 Platinum

Nova - 375 Platinum

Frost - 375 Platinum

Now, let's look at some other Warframes.

Loki - 75 Platinum

Excalibur - 75 Platinum

Volt - 75 Platinum

The market content releases have been increasing steadily.

To buy a weapon that costs 225 platinum, you will need to buy the $30 pack. That is 570 Platinum, leaving you with 345 left over.

To buy a 375 Platinum Warframe, you will need to buy the $30 pack. That is 570 Platinum, leaving you with 195 left over.

Going with the usual 75 platinum = $5

That means a weapon can run you $15 or more!

A Warframe can cost up to $25!

Do you see the issues with this?

If these kinds of prices stay forever, it will not benefit DE at all. It will run this game into the ground.

MICROtransactions need the micro.

Having a weapon cost $3-5 will sell a significant amount more than a weapon that costs $15.

A Warframe that costs $5-10 will sell a significant amount more than a Warframe that costs $25.

DE. This is my plea to you.

Please, for the love of God. Sit down at a table, and have a very long talk about the market. Make some drastic changes.

I don't care at all if I don't get refunded plat if you reduce the prices, I paid my $250+ and fully knew what I was getting.

You need to sort this S#&$ out, or the game will inevitably be driven into the ground. Please, DE.

Drastic changes must be made to the market, DE.

Weapons should cost a maximum of $5. Waframes, $10.

*Edit*

Thankyou to DaveC for showing me this video

Incase embedding doesn't work, here is a direct link - 

*Edit 2*

Mod Packs, bundles, and other misc items.

Mod Packs

Who doesn't see how terrible flawed these are?

First off, ability mods must be removed. I don't think a single person spends up to 90 plat for a Warframe ability.

People are hunting for multi-shot and rare mods. Not Chaos and Bastille.

An idea I had was this, create more mod pack categories

Primary weapon mod pack

Secondary weapon mod back

Melee weapon mod back

Warframe mod pack

Sentinel mod pack

Each with varying prices. This would allow players to further narrow down their choice, rather than gambling on the pool of dozens and dozens of mods.

Mod Packs are a complete joke.

Stalker Bundle

800 plat.

800 plat for Dread, Hate, Despair and the Smoke Palette.

Assuming 75 platinum = $5

That's more than $50 for a 3 weapons and a colour palette.

Now, you can not honestly say that is reasonable.

I know comparing F2P to P2P is like comparing apples and oranges, but it does have some validity.

$50 can get me a AAA title in some countries (not in aus. Curse you publishers).

$50 can get me 3 months of pure enjoyment in Final Fantasy XIV

$50 can get me a looooong way in some F2P games.

Now, this bundle is more than $50.

And, taking the fact that this is a discounted bundle just adds insult to injury.

Update 10 Bundle

Read above.

This is 850 platinum (?)

$60 for a few weapons and a new Warframe.

I'm lost for words.

Fusion Core Pack

Up to 90 (?) platinum for a pack of three (lol, three. Really, DE?). Two have a chance of being rare.

Now, see what's wrong here? A chance at being rare.

RNG is a common complaint in Warframe, so why the hell should I pay 90 plat, for a chance at rare cores. Especally if some of those are Rare 2, Rare 3.

First off, these need to give more cores.

One Kappa run will net me upwards of 10 cores (usually)

These cores will always be the max level. Common 3, Uncommon 5, Rare 5

Fusion Core packs should give at least 5 cores, all of them being max level.

For 90 plat, you should always get at least 2 guaranteed rare cores.

Remember, you're spending more than $5 on 3 cores at the moment.

Fusion core packs are a complete joke.

So, this isn't paying for convenience, this is paying for no reason.

Credit Bundles

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse. Credit Bundles.

90 platinum for 30,000 credits.

When these were released, you could go to Void III and get 70k for a single mission.

Now, tell me the sense in that.

Credit rewards have been nerfed, but this is still a joke of a plat purchase.

90 platinum (more than $5) should get you far more credits than 30,000.

50,000 should be the minimum.

Credit bundles are a complete joke.

Plat Discounts

Some people have mentioned plat discounts as a reasoning behind prices.

"Just spent 800+ on the new bundle. used the 50% of reward to do it. Market prices seem fine to me since they give us a chance a cheap plat. "

If plat discounts need to be used as an example of reasonable market prices, then something is seriously wrong with the in-game store. Especially if the discounts used are generally 50%-75% off.

If the paid currency price needs to be reduced by 50% to seem reasonable, then what does that tell you?
Sure as hell doesn't tell me the prices are fair.

Resources

To me, resources aren't as atrocious as the other things. They're useful if you're missing that one Neurode, and are about to go to bed.

I do believe that the amounts should be bumped up a bit (30 plat = 200 or 300 plastids. Should be 500 imo. 10 plat should net you more than one rare resource).

But. The research resources.

15 plat. For ONE sample. NOT injector/mass/fieldron.

That is 15 platinum for a single sample.

I cannot think of an ounce of sense in that.

Nothing more needs to be said. It explains itself.

Other stuff

Plenty of people have said things like, DE isn't encouraging you to buy Warframes and weapons, they only want you to buy slots and forma/potatoes.

I say that is utter stupidity, no offense to anyone.

People often forget that DE is a business.

Discouraging any kind of purchase is downright awful business sense, there's no pretty way to say it.

It's been proven many times that lower costing items create far more profit than selling something at ridiculous extremes. (I'm at work at the moment, so I can't find sources)

DE is a business, they are looking for profit, not to steer players away from buying things.

Several people used World of Tanks as an example, speaking of a $50 tank that sold quite a lot.

I guarantee you, thousands more players would have bought that tank if it was priced at $10.

Like I said earlier, smaller prices generate more profit. What's more appealing, 500 players buy a tank that costs $50, or 5000 players buying it at $10?

When DE releases more cosmetics, the profit will see an increase, provided they are priced fairly.

50 plat for a cosmetic? Yes please.

375 plat for a Warframe? lolno.

Apologies for any spelling, grammar or formatting errors. I'm at work, and am not thinking straight.

*Edit 3*

Another thread that has been recently Nekros'd.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/52192-the-warframe-market-is-a-joke-and-actively-discourages-impulse-purchases-updated-includes-solution-to-installed-catalystsweapon-slot-on-weapons/

Edited by Nugget_

Just spent 800+ on the new bundle. used the 50% of reward to do it. Market prices seem fine to me since they give us a chance a cheap plat. Can't wait to get a 75% off. It is also about what you make cash wise. I make enough to buy with plat but don't have the time to play the game as a farmer. All about perspective.

Just spent 800+ on the new bundle. used the 50% of reward to do it. Market prices seem fine to me since they give us a chance a cheap plat. Can't wait to get a 75% off. It is also about what you make cash wise. I make enough to buy with plat but don't have the time to play the game as a farmer. All about perspective.

The prices are only fine when they're on a 50% of plat. That says something. And by "chance for cheap plat", do you mean the coupons?

Weapons

Grakata - free

Hind - free

Soma - free   <---- ARE YOU KIDDING?

Sobek - free

Vulkar - free

Paris - free

Miter - free

Vasto - free

Kunai - free

Hikou - free

Ether Scythe - free

Glaive - free

Kestrel - free

Warframes

Ash - free

Vauban - free

Saryn - free

Banshee - free

Nekros - free (Okay, I bought this one)

Nova - free

Frost - free

Now, let's look at some other Warframes.

Loki - free

Excalibur - free

Volt - free

FTFY

Edit: I do agree with you. The prices are high, but that is the cost of convenience. There is no true need to spend platinum on any of these things.

Edited by ELREYULTIMO

Maybe they've just learned from the worst, G1 that is. APB has similar pricing, nobody likes getting a single weapon for $50-60 but people still buy it which gives them the impression that it's just fine.

At least we can still craft it, but that doesn't excuse the extravagant prices really.

The prices right now make no sense. Crappy weapon like Vulkar with BP available in the market is the same price as the Miter and Gremlin that u have to farm till coughing blood?

My suggestion. Bring down the price of all weapons that are available as BP in the market. I wouldnt buy a @(*()&#036; Vulkar with the same price as a Warframe.

I think they should leave the prices as is, but steadily deflate them to the value of Frames like Excalibur and weapons like Vasto as the items age.

And even that's pushing it.

If stuff wasn't so absurdly expensive, people wouldn't feel so reluctant to buy it.

Edited by SortaRandom

The price is obviously not for people who are complaining about it.

F2P game doesnt mean free or cheap items, F2P means that there is a section that is free.

I thought we're talking about How the business world works?

If it was expensive and not worth to buy, no one will buy it...

In result, They will not get money from players, Game will end. GG!

The price is obviously not for people who are complaining about it.

F2P game doesnt mean free or cheap items, F2P means that there is a section that is free.

It also doesn't mean alienate over half of your player base from spending money on your game. They have a chance to increase their market revenue. And instead they consistently cater prices towards the upper 30% (pulled that percentage out of my &amp;#&#33;, probably lower than that judging by the forums) revenue class of the player base.

But overpriced items don't help the game. No matter how you spin it, or look at it, well priced items sell more and faster than overpriced items.

Do you have proof of that?

We dont really know how they are doing. It seems they are doing fine of else the prices would have been adjusted a long time ago. Im pretty sure if nothing was selling they would do something about it.

I thought we're talking about How the business world works?

If it was expensive and not worth to buy, no one will buy it...

In result, They will not get money from players, Game will end. GG!

The prices have been like this for a while.... the game isnt ending.

It seem some one is buying them.

It also doesn't mean alienate over half of your player base from spending money on your game. They have a chance to increase their market revenue. And instead they consistently cater prices towards the upper 30% (pulled that percentage out of my &amp;#&#33;, probably lower than that judging by the forums) revenue class of the player base.

How are they alienating anyone? If you dont want to pay for them you can craft them.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Weapons should cost a maximum of $5. Waframes, $10.

Should they decide on a price drop I'll be okay with $7 weapons and $12 frames if not $5/$10

Edited by Guest

We dont really know how they are doing. It seems they are doing fine of else the prices would have been adjusted a long time ago. Im pretty sure if nothing was selling they would do something about it.

Do we have proof? I think we do.

The average triple A game, i.e. CoD, BL2, etc costs $60.

4 weapons or frames in warframe average out to $15, or $60. (this was around 9.6ish, probably higher now by a bit)

How is that well priced?

I never brought anything than weapon and warframe slots only just the colors and that's all. But yes the prices are too high and with this investments you can buy other games too so not to worth idea buy anything than this.

Edit: well priced items begin

utility 10-30 platinum "forma,orokincat-reaktor, colors"

weapons 50-100 platinum

frames 75-150 platinum and i am sure more people want to buy anything from market.

Edited by Szilvia

Do we have proof? I think we do.

The average triple A game, i.e. CoD, BL2, etc costs $60.

4 weapons or frames in warframe average out to $15, or $60. (this was around 9.6ish, probably higher now by a bit)

How is that well priced?

Comparing payed games to F2P destroys your argument completely.

How are they alienating anyone? If you dont want to pay for them you can craft them.

That's kind of the point. In a f2p game they make money off of it being convenient for players to spend money and skip the "crafting" portion of the game that is free. If it's not convenient to pay them money, as it's not in this game for many players who aren't willing to spend $10-$15 on a new weapon, then they are not making potential money. That is a poor business model. And they are alienating people from buying things (note: I did not say alienating people from the game, but that happens too with high prices). 

*sigh*

Example. look at Steam market which players will sell, and buy items.

Or maybe you can just take look at MMORPG's "my" shop. (A.K.A market for some games, well don't really matter)

Overpriced weapon won't get bought by someone, Overpriced camos in CS:GO won't get bought by someone(Ex: 100$ AWP Stattrak.)

Well priced items will get sold. Overpriced one won't. got it?

I know it's not good compare because of type of market, but still, you need money to buy those things in those market.

Edited by WhiteNekophus