The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is using a simple script considered cheating?

--EC--Adrenaline

It can be bannable, if you set the script to run and then don't play the game yourself (i.e. set it to run automatically and then step away from your keyboard).

If you have it running while you're moving around, shooting enemies and casting other skills yourself, you're not letting the script play for you and you should be fine.

5 hours ago, zAdrenaline said:

Thanks for clarifying, I'm considering making one just for Chroma since while playing sometimes it's hard to keep track of everything and forget about timer, but don't want to get banned for it 🙄

Its bannable if it takes the player out of the action and your skript would do that. But as an example making a makro for faster fiering for semi automatic weapons are allowed.

Edited by DerGreif2

In this case i probably wouldnt consider it cheating since youd have to customise it to your specific build and duration,  but to sustain it you physically have to be playing the game to maintain your energy and deal damage.  If it was to say...  Spam cast banshee ulti then yeh thatd probs get you banned.  But simple buff management i wouldnt think would be an issue? 

il y a 24 minutes, LuckyCharm a dit :

In this case i probably wouldnt consider it cheating since youd have to customise it to your specific build and duration,  but to sustain it you physically have to be playing the game to maintain your energy and deal damage.  If it was to say...  Spam cast banshee ulti then yeh thatd probs get you banned.  But simple buff management i wouldnt think would be an issue? 

Does this game even have cheat/hack detection?

"please note that although we rather have our players experiencing the game as is, we do understand that some players want to use their gaming hardware or software to automate tasks"

"you can use macros at your own risk but depending on how you're using the macro, it could potentially get you banned; so be careful!"

So there's no specific line drawn when it comes to this. Even if a developer or community manager says it's fine their detection system might get me banned anyway.

Considering this I think I'll pass on using anything then. Not worth the trouble lol